Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I think we should be proud of the fact the Lana is still among the other female artists in this list after her 8th album. Especially  since she doesn’t have number one hits, heavy promo or even social media to let people know she has an album out. 

1. If You Lie Down With Me

2. Black Bathing Suit

3. Thunder

4. Wildflower Wildfire 

5. Dealer 

My top five literally changes every day :yesnod:

imageproxy.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nectar said:

I think we should be proud of the fact the Lana is still among the other female artists in this list after her 8th album. Especially  since she doesn’t have number one hits, heavy promo or even social media to let people know she has an album out. 

Her managers were right when they said she was a Rite Of Passage artist. She will always stream well because of BTD-UV-NFR and so it allows her to make personal less mainstream albums like HM or CoCC

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

27 minutes ago, brandon said:

Here we go again bashing other female artists just because their fans are being annoying :pls:

I never cared much for Halsey until her latest, which I love. I really like Billie although she is not Lana IMO. To each its own: everybody has the right to love someone or not, and as you get older, numbers never matter as much as how much you connect with an album. But their damn hardcore fans that think that only theirs is the best and shit all over female singers is annoying AF (and really unfair to Lana, which inspired so many of them). 

Just now, uvbabe said:

The vocals in IFLWM when she says LIE (LIE) are so Ultraviolence :bodyisready: 

This! The beat also reminds  me a lot of the drumming in The Blackest Day :flutter:

1. Dealer

2. Black bathing Suit

3. Nectar of the Gods

4. If You Lie Down with Me

5. Beautiful

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

everyone talking about how we don't have a cherry/cinnamon girl/tulsa jesus freak on the record but that's honestly dealer

Wait people regard TJF to be like Cherry & Cinnamon Girl? Weird.

but on this album tho it’s defo Beautiful

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Yeah I too wish she was singing more than just the chorus and backing vocals in the outro, honestly with Miles singing on the majority of the song it would’ve fit better on one of his records

I thought about it too but I think the song holds a personal meaning for Lana, maybe it is encapsualting a specific memory in her life. So Miles is only serving purpose to transfer the other person's lines. Maybe it could be the reason he was not written as feature.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

I really like a lot of the songs but as a whole the album isn’t really clicking for me yet. I think it’s because the content is very contradictory in some parts, which is prob bc some songs are so much older than others. 

Like we have a song like Blue Banisters about her finding solace and independence among her friends and family, and being okay without a man. 

then a couple tracks later we have nectar of the gods which is literally about her self-destructing over a man and losing her way. Literally I’m doing drugs and wanting to die because this man doesn’t love me the way I want him to. 

Are both songs great? Yes! Do they need to be on the same album? Maybe not. 

I’m all for complexity and working out mixed feelings in the course of an album, ofc, but this kind of thing is a little jarring to me. 

It feels like some of these songs were made by completely different people. In past albums, she explored lots of facets of relationships and herself and her life, but there was always a very consistent thru-line. A central character or point or storyline. Here it’s just like a collage of random shit lol 

2013 and 2021 Lana Del Rey have virtually nothing in common at this point so I just think it’s a little strange they’re on the same album. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I have to confess that Beautiful has become one of my faves now. I love the message a lot & it's such a beautiful song:flutter: the piano in it is so beautiful & interesting,  I'm kinda obsessed with the piano in this song :wub:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

13 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

text book's transitions/tempo changes B02-E8509-5-EDF-419-C-B999-24914-CEA0-C3

arcadia's old hollywood vibes B02-E8509-5-EDF-419-C-B999-24914-CEA0-C3

dealer's smokey lounge vibes B02-E8509-5-EDF-419-C-B999-24914-CEA0-C3

the entirety of black bathing suit B02-E8509-5-EDF-419-C-B999-24914-CEA0-C3

Spoiler

the whole album B02-E8509-5-EDF-419-C-B999-24914-CEA0-C3