Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

15 minutes ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

was listening to this album with the cloudy weather, fall-time. tears. the arcadia vids and the title track's really fleshed out another dimension of bb the song and album. i hope we get more performance vids, and maybe contro-opinion but i'd really love more homemade vids. even if it was later, a trailer too. it just crowns an album imo 

I feel you on this. Its been like this in San Francisco and I really do think it gives the album different dimension and experience when it’s shit weather. Like I was in line at Sight Glass coffee and it was my turn to order and I was holding the line cause I was daydreaming on Living Legend. 

Ps. Your Brody Jenner icon is iconic. 

met my boyfriend down at the taco truck

Just listend to I Talk To Jesus (Alternate Finso version) after Text Book & it's flows so good :wowcry: I Talk To Jesus would have  been a nice addition to this album :oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

Can anyone confirm that Lana did indeed say she is going to release only digital releases from now on? Or is this Twitter rumor false?

I think she was just joking about it. BB has been a little mess with vinyls and CDs (and actually it also happened with COCC, y'll remember? She had to postpone the album release bc of vinyls production). So I don't believe she will really release only digital... I think she was just "venting" a bit, nothing serious... 

1 minute ago, life is beautiful said:

I feel you on this. Its been like this in San Francisco and I really do think it gives the album different dimension and experience when it’s shit weather. Ps. Your Brody Jenner icon is iconic. 

definitely. i actually love cloudy weather cus we hardly get it down here, but it's more of a highlight if anything so i welcome it. and thanks ahahahahaha

Spoiler

ezgif-3-3022b8629153.thumb.gif.192457782:silly:

UV/Honeymoon

7 minutes ago, Jessica Apple Bottom Jean said:

Wild One should have been on Blue Banisters. I'M WIIIIILD, I'M FREEEEE.... 

I think that would have been a bit much with Nectar Of the Gods

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I thought she was saying “with the rainbows and the rain” this whole time on thunder but I think it’s “that the rainbows end the rain” 

i don't get the lyrics saying "at the rainbow's end" because she says something after "end"

this album has brought me to tears several times and that didn’t happen to me with cocc! it is really such a masterpiece. i love how authentic lana is being even though a lot of people may seem to disagree with her current promotions, (or lack thereof) lyrics and visuals

I feel like Lana really loves the blue-profile album cover. It seems to have some sort of significance to her, as she commented “A picture is worth a thousand words” on Neil’s post of it, and only that photo. She also told Brian, the fan in the livestream, to not worry about getting the vinyl, and to get only that vinyl variant if they had to.

Looking at it, it is such an impactful, defiant, and stunning shot — but upon closer inspection, you can see it looks like there’s something out there in the distance that appears troubling to her, and I think that perfectly sums up the place she’s at in this record. The album is a portrait of her, essentially, and is born out of her experiences, so I actually think this cover is a direct representation of the record, and is worth the thousands of words she wrote on this album. 

I want to share my little story with you if you may:

My grandmother died of Covid in April. I lived with her all my life, I used to put her to bed every night and I never forgot to say 'good night, sleep tight' always fearing that it might be the last time. Her death is something that still makes me cry like a child. So last night I was in the bathroom, crying my heart out because I miss her and I didn't get the chance to say goodbye, I couldn't see her because of Covid restrictions. I asked God for a sign, I prayed and I told him to send my a butterfly to let me know that she's alright. Today after lunch I went outside to have a smoke, Blue Banisters playing with my headphones on, and there was the butterfly. It stared flying all over me while I was standing on the grass when Beautiful started playing. I couldn't help crying. I'm going to keep this moment in my heart forever. Don't know if it was just a coincidence, I don't care, I needed it and I choose to believe! Beautiful now has a special meaning for me, I will never forget it. My heart is so full right now. Hopefully someday I get the chance to meet Lana just to thank her. 

19 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I feel like Lana really loves the blue-profile album cover. It seems to have some sort of significance to her, as she commented “A picture is worth a thousand words” on Neil’s post of it, and only that photo. She also told Brian, the fan in the livestream, to not worry about getting the vinyl, and to get only that vinyl variant if they had to.

Looking at it, it is such an impactful, defiant, and stunning shot — but upon closer inspection, you can see it looks like there’s something out there in the distance that appears troubling to her, and I think that perfectly sums up the place she’s at in this record. The album is a portrait of her, essentially, and is born out of her experiences, so I actually think this cover is a direct representation of the record, and is worth the thousands of words she wrote on this album. 

Beatiful words like always. 

6 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

I want to share my little story with you if you may:

My grandmother died of Covid in April. I lived with her all my life, I used to put her to bed every night and I never forgot to say 'good night, sleep tight' always fearing that it might be the last time. Her death is something that still makes me cry like a child. So last night I was in the bathroom, crying my heart out because I miss her and I didn't get the chance to say goodbye, I couldn't see her because of Covid restrictions. I asked God for a sign, I prayed and I told him to send my a butterfly to let me know that she's alright. Today after lunch I went outside to have a smoke, Blue Banisters playing with my headphones on, and there was the butterfly. It stared flying all over me while I was standing on the grass when Beautiful started playing. I couldn't help crying. I'm going to keep this moment in my heart forever. Don't know if it was just a coincidence, I don't care, I needed it and I choose to believe! Beautiful now has a special meaning for me, I will never forget it. My heart is so full right now. Hopefully someday I get the chance to meet Lana just to thank her. 

💙💙  Sending you lots of love and good thoughts! 💙💙