Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

37 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i don't get the lyrics saying "at the rainbow's end" because she says something after "end"

She just carries the word “end” so it’s like “you try to see the bright side when each new day begins, but you’re not satisfied, at the rainbows e-eeend”

9 minutes ago, cherrysadwine said:

What does "your interest really made stacks out of it for me" mean?? I speak spanish so I have no clue. I mean it's a metaphor right? Or a saying?

Today is BBS all day :makeup:

stacks of money

25 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

I want to share my little story with you if you may:

My grandmother died of Covid in April. I lived with her all my life, I used to put her to bed every night and I never forgot to say 'good night, sleep tight' always fearing that it might be the last time. Her death is something that still makes me cry like a child. So last night I was in the bathroom, crying my heart out because I miss her and I didn't get the chance to say goodbye, I couldn't see her because of Covid restrictions. I asked God for a sign, I prayed and I told him to send my a butterfly to let me know that she's alright. Today after lunch I went outside to have a smoke, Blue Banisters playing with my headphones on, and there was the butterfly. It stared flying all over me while I was standing on the grass when Beautiful started playing. I couldn't help crying. I'm going to keep this moment in my heart forever. Don't know if it was just a coincidence, I don't care, I needed it and I choose to believe! Beautiful now has a special meaning for me, I will never forget it. My heart is so full right now. Hopefully someday I get the chance to meet Lana just to thank her. 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I was travelling by train today, listening to this album, and thinking how good BB suits to this october/november time. I was looking through the window at the colorful forest for almost an hour. The weather was beautiful, day slowly changed into evening, and it all mixed so well with every song. I'm glad she released BB during this time. Amazing experience. B02-E8509-5-EDF-419-C-B999-24914-CEA0-C3

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm pretty sure it's "let the rainbows enter in"

It's definitly "the rainbows end".

The guys is always longong for sonething more, he's not even happy when he's reaching the mythological "end of the rainbow"

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

36 minutes ago, Thoth said:

The word BLUE is mentioned in 6 songs on this album and she says it a total number of 25 times.

“Blue Banisters” is such a perfect and iconic title.

Blue = sad  Banisters = something we hold on to —> sad things in life we rely on/hold on/ not ready to let go. 
It’s basically a reflection of the album’s inner meaning.

Her mind :wowcry:

Just now, bewhitehotforever said:

maybe it’ll grow on you after a few listens? what’s your fav album?

btw I haven’t posted here since maybe the release of Mariner’s Apartment Complex? Lol

i wanted to see what the consensus was on this album here. I was surprised to see not only so many positive reviews from the press, but also the fans! I remember being shocked once when I found out that Homeymoon was such a fan favorit, when at that time I ranked it pretty low with her discography.

My fav would be split between Ultraviolence and BTD, with Norman following behind it.

I just can’t seem to get into this album. I’ve given it 2 listens so far. Thunder being my only fav so far.

2 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

The way some insiders said that Dealer was the worst track and now it gonna literally save the album :blush3:

But…, it is….

So don't write me a letter

I'll always be right here

Closer to you than your next breath, my dear 

FCe4x0BXsAMpPDw?format=png&name=small

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

everywhere I look ppl are laughing at BB sales failing to understand the importance of physicals lol. 

like we knew it wasn't going to be Billboard #1, and lana doesn't give a flying shit so why do her fans even. idk

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

8 minutes ago, Whoopiedoo said:

btw I haven’t posted here since maybe the release of Mariner’s Apartment Complex? Lol

i wanted to see what the consensus was on this album here. I was surprised to see not only so many positive reviews from the press, but also the fans! I remember being shocked once when I found out that Homeymoon was such a fan favorit, when at that time I ranked it pretty low with her discography.

My fav would be split between Ultraviolence and BTD, with Norman following behind it.

I just can’t seem to get into this album. I’ve given it 2 listens so far. Thunder being my only fav so far.

But…, it is….

Its not sweet... Beautiful literally exists

Lust For Dead   large.gif

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

I'm finishing up a 2000+ word analysis to post here about the record and it has me like

The way your essay is going to make me cry more than the record has so far

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.