Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

7 minutes ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

everywhere I look ppl are laughing at BB sales failing to understand the importance of physicals lol. 

like we knew it wasn't going to be Billboard #1, and lana doesn't give a flying shit so why do her fans even. idk

Because the Themi’s and Gomezies and Lordies will use it against the Lanatics on twitter

It saddens me that this is her 2nd album in a row that does absolutely nothing for me…

i have been slayed by her full discography until COCC was released… BB feels like the continuation of COCC and I was so bored listening to it. 

2 minutes ago, Nahime said:

It saddens me that this is her 2nd album in a row that does absolutely nothing for me…

i have been slayed by her full discography until COCC was released… BB feels like the continuation of COCC and I was so bored listening to it. 

I'll pray for you 

Spoiler

But you'll need a miracle 

Spoiler

Jk 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

11 hours ago, NoSalvation77 said:

I don't know what happened but it's embarrassing. The whole album sounds very bad on Spotify with noise and screeching. I only listen the album on YouTube for now until I get my vinyl .

Are her channel uploads in better quality?

8V7Yvel.png

40 minutes ago, Whoopiedoo said:

I don’t like this album :(

You don’t have to like every album from an artist to be a fan. I think that is something which is forgotten about in this fan base.  It’s rare for me to like every artists record. Maybe the next one will suit you better.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, uvbabe said:

I want to share my little story with you if you may:

My grandmother died of Covid in April. I lived with her all my life, I used to put her to bed every night and I never forgot to say 'good night, sleep tight' always fearing that it might be the last time. Her death is something that still makes me cry like a child. So last night I was in the bathroom, crying my heart out because I miss her and I didn't get the chance to say goodbye, I couldn't see her because of Covid restrictions. I asked God for a sign, I prayed and I told him to send my a butterfly to let me know that she's alright. Today after lunch I went outside to have a smoke, Blue Banisters playing with my headphones on, and there was the butterfly. It stared flying all over me while I was standing on the grass when Beautiful started playing. I couldn't help crying. I'm going to keep this moment in my heart forever. Don't know if it was just a coincidence, I don't care, I needed it and I choose to believe! Beautiful now has a special meaning for me, I will never forget it. My heart is so full right now. Hopefully someday I get the chance to meet Lana just to thank her. 

Big hug to you ❤️❤️❤️

The first line of the album: "I guess you could call it text book, I was looking for the father I wanted back"

The last line of the album: "I'll always be right here, closer to you than your next breath, my dear"

FCe4x0BXsAMpPDw?format=png&name=small

imageproxy.jpg

4 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Where was the rumor that Valley of the Dolls was almost on the album? Pretty sure I never saw Boz say that

i don't remember ever hearing that? and i would remember bc i love that song and would have been SO excited

aOaIzH2.gif

8 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Where was the rumor that Valley of the Dolls was almost on the album? Pretty sure I never saw Boz say that

Yeah I don’t know which insider, but it was apparently considered for this record at some point (Lanapedia mentions it on the VOTD page). It was also a possibility for NFR. As far as we know, no new version has been recorded, so I guess it wasn’t considered for very long in either cases. 

9 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Screenshot-20211024-172509-157.png

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Yeah I don’t know which insider, but it was apparently considered for this record at some point (Lanapedia mentions it on the VOTD page). It was also a possibility for NFR. As far as we know, no new version has been recorded, so I guess it wasn’t considered for very long in either cases. 

I just edited the Lanapedia page to change it. The person who added it to the page does not appear to be credible nor do they even have an account! Most likely LFL/NFR outtake

Just now, plastiscguy said:

Screenshot-20211024-172509-157.png

LMAO NVM TY

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

2 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

There were flowers that were dry, sitting on a dresser... She asked me where they're from, I said a place I don't remember :oprah3:

The way I read this at the same time I listened to it just now :oprah3:

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy....and it scared me.....

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

19 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Wait, I wonder if Lana ever thought about making it into a full song, or just keeping it as an interlude... :um2: What would have happened to the Trio, in that case?

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, rightofjupiter said:

omg...lana please the melody in VOTD is so gorgeous i want this melancholy jam to be released/finished so badly

babyyy you're makkinn me crazierrr than i ammmmmmmmmm

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Valley of the Dolls being considered at some point for this album is so interesting to me. I wonder if she saw that it leaked and looked into revisiting it 

imageproxy.jpg