Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

15 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Lana going back into that soundscape would be a dream. :crying2:

Kinda Outta Luck

Caught You Boy

Us Against the World

Dangerous Girl

Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight

You Can Be the Boss

Every Man Has His Wish

Hollywood's Dead

TV in Black & White

Back to tha Basics

Never Let Me Go

Queen of Disaster

Take Me to Paris

Prom Song

Driving in Cars with Boys

What an album… :crai:

And I mean... She doesn't even need to go full pop if she doesn't want to! If she loves the sound of her dearest piano, she can still rework them into ballads (ala Thunder / The Greatest) :creep: or something more upbeat like Fuck It, I Love You... 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I could finally listen to the album today and I didn't like it at all. I'm usually not the type of person who dislikes songs just because they're not "upbeat" or whatever and call them boring but in this case they are. Honeymoon as an album was slow but well thought out, Blue Banisters just feels lazy. Of course I will keep on listening to it, and hope it grows on me and regret this comment.

I am honestly floored by this album, I loved NFR and Chemtrails, however found myself returning to Chemtrails a lot more as an album. But this project coming just months later and being even better makes me so excited for whatever is next from her! 

5 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

I still don’t understand why they released the album digitally first. Her team had to have known she would debut low with only streaming counting

Is this a thing? Here in the UK, digital, CDs, cassettes and the black vinyl were available on release day... 

7 minutes ago, Slumdog said:

I could finally listen to the album today and I didn't like it at all. I'm usually not the type of person who dislikes songs just because they're not "upbeat" or whatever and call them boring but in this case they are. Honeymoon as an album was slow but well thought out, Blue Banisters just feels lazy. Of course I will keep on listening to it, and hope it grows on me and regret this comment.

ok

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

Is it me or does Chuck look like she’s trying to hold in her baby for the entire BB music video? She looks uncomfortable as fuck..  E65EDACC-5292-4365-B507-E795BDCCB46E.jpeFDB68082-8C09-4857-83B2-D0AD68C2F3D1.jpe

I dont get why in the world they thought that cut had to make it to the video. She looks like a bad CGI version of her.

Funny how I was so critical of the inclusion of Nectar of The Gods a few days ago but having listened to the project from start to finish as the sun was setting and the skies were getting darker and darker with each song, that track just fully flourished to me. The humming, the vocal inflection when she sings “like the color blue” and the devastating final lines… I am absolutely floored.

This bitch really doesn’t want me to dislike any song on this goddamn record :cryney2:

IMG-7960.jpg

5 minutes ago, sjatib said:

I dont get why in the world they thought that cut had to make it to the video. She looks like a bad CGI version of her.

She legit looks like she’s about to hurl…who edited this video? Nobody? More like Lana botched it

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

31 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Is it me or does Chuck look like she’s trying to hold in her baby for the entire BB music video? She looks uncomfortable as fuck..  E65EDACC-5292-4365-B507-E795BDCCB46E.jpeFDB68082-8C09-4857-83B2-D0AD68C2F3D1.jpe

WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS? LMFAO BITCH WE-:awk::judgingu4:

34 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

PLS :crying2:

I feel bad for laughing :rollin:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

A few days before the premiere I tried to have a big listening session of all her albums from AKA to Chemtrails but it didn't work out because I didn't plan it correctly :bebe:

Maybe I'll try again on Halloween, this time with Blue Banisters uwu

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif