Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

33 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

all I can do is walk around the house singing “your interest really made StAcKs out of iiiiitttt for meeeee” :karaoke:

s a m e

i was deadass walking around at work today just whispering this to myself under my breath :rip:

rihKQ8M.gif

yeah, i've listened to it enough times by now to say this is officially my favorite LDR record, with too many reasons to write out at the moment. Sorry, Honeymoon :wowcry::wub::teehee: 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Text Book, Blue Banisters, and Wildflower Wildfire  – being a first look into this record – alone were among the best songs she's ever written. I am so excited to hear how she's going to endeavour on this sound and calibre of writing moving forward. 

:oprah::wowcry::xcry::cryney2::icant::thankyou::sadcore5::typewriter::smile:

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Text Book, Blue Banisters, and Wildflower Wildfire  – being a first look into this record – alone were among the best songs she's ever written. I am so excited to hear how she's going to endeavour on this sound and calibre of writing moving forward. 

:oprah::wowcry::xcry::cryney2::icant::thankyou::sadcore5::typewriter::smile:

Same! I love this album because it's her vision, explaining her story, a very important transitional album... But I'm also very excited at the thought of her tapping into this deeper form of writing for her next fully 'modern day Lana' album. 

4 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Same! I love this album because it's her vision, explaining her story, a very important transitional album... But I'm also very excited at the thought of her tapping into this deeper form of writing for her next fully 'modern day Lana' album. 

Ugh, yes! I actually feel quite lucky when I think about how I've been able to experience every album in real time and see her go progressively deeper within her self with each record's narrative. I have always loved what she says about how there is a 'real merit to turning all the way inward' – what a principle to let guide you through life. :cryney2:

It's so amazing, I'm really, really touched by this record and I am even more excited for her to divulge what she's committed to on future projects (Behind the Iron Gates, especially!)

Random, unhinged, long musings about Cherry Blossom that I may or may not delete...

Musing about Cherry Blossom for a bit..I think this is a really special song for many reasons, but now that I've been thinking about its presence on the album, it seems that it possesses a two-fold perspective, and has been opened to deeper meanings over the years since we first heard it. 

When she posted that instagram video singing it, it was easily dismissed as merely a lullaby that she came up with. However, being part of her 2021 album was a careful and precise decision. Not a thoughtless one.

In many ways, she seems to be opening her arms in an embrace to her past self, providing that sense of maternal protection and love that she may not have gotten, given that her "father never stepped in when his wife would rage at me." If we are to take what Lana has told us about this aspect of her life at face value, without questioning its authenticity, being met with a cold or detached mother can be troubling for it can often be the stem for later struggles of narcissism.

I do not say this in a malicious or "armchair psychologist" way, but as more of a reflection towards this track, and album in general. It provides more symbolic legitimacy to the Black Bathing Suit functioning as a sort of psychological self-protection from the intrusive, invasive and abusive nature of fame.  When she sings, "what you don't tell no one, you can tell me," she is both speaking towards her past self and her present self, aiming towards maybe not a breakage, but certainly a healing of her karmic lineage, and breaking the cycle of past traumas, for the possible chance at motherhood in the future.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

Random, unhinged, long musings about Cherry Blossom that I may or may not delete...

Hide contents

Musing about Cherry Blossom for a bit..I think this is a really special song for many reasons, but now that I've been thinking about its presence on the album, it seems that it possesses a two-fold perspective, and has been opened to deeper meanings over the years since we first heard it. 

When she posted that instagram video singing it, it was easily dismissed as merely a lullaby that she came up with. However, being part of her 2021 album was a careful and precise decision. Not a thoughtless one.

In many ways, she seems to be opening her arms in an embrace to her past self, providing that sense of maternal protection and love that she may not have gotten, given that her "father never stepped in when his wife would rage at me." If we are to take what Lana has told us about this aspect of her life at face value, without questioning its authenticity, being met with a cold or detached mother can be troubling for it can often be the stem for later struggles of narcissism.

I do not say this in a malicious or "armchair psychologist" way, but as more of a reflection towards this track, and album in general. It provides more symbolic legitimacy to the Black Bathing Suit functioning as a sort of psychological self-protection from the intrusive, invasive and abusive nature of fame.  When she sings, "what you don't tell no one, you can tell me," she is both speaking towards her past self and her present self, aiming towards maybe not a breakage, but certainly a healing of her karmic lineage, and breaking the cycle of past traumas, for the possible chance at motherhood in the future.

Holy shit. This. 

5 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Hide contents

YES exactly. it just gets like better n more meaningful

UV/Honeymoon