Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

the trio is fun but i feel like it doesn’t fit this album at all 😭 i really like every other song on this album and think it flows smoothly but i think arcadia would’ve flowed into black bathing suit just fine tbh.

giphy.gif

since we’re talking about the trio… don’t hate me but imo the original is infinitely better and the interlude sounds cheap and unimaginative like it reminds me of something you’d hear on a sports channel or something . I’m so sorry yall lmfao 

UbsOye5.png

10 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

since we’re talking about the trio… don’t hate me but imo the original is infinitely better and the interlude sounds cheap and unimaginative like it reminds me of something you’d hear on a sports channel or something . I’m so sorry yall lmfao 

not even a sports channel, it gives me youtube gamer outro vibes :toofunny:

sgopYhV.gif

The Trio is so out of place on the album but it's fun so I really don't care :dance:

imageproxy.jpg

27 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

trio is a basic trap beat idk why yall are so enamored w it. it sticks out on the album like a sore thumb so badly

it has basic trap drums but the bass slaps hard and the sample is pretty unique, I love it a lot. I agree it sticks out badly though, would have made more sense if it transitioned into a more fiery song (how I thought BBS was gonna be) :oprah:

nice cocc bro

I was so confused when I saw that Dealer was the most streamed non-single on the album and that it was getting a lot of positive attention, not because I don't like it, but because when it originally leaked so many people here hated it :thumb3: The original leak literally called it the "worst song ever". I'm very proud to say that I loved it from the start :yesnod:

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I was so confused when I saw that Dealer was the most streamed non-single on the album and that it was getting a lot of positive attention, not because I don't like it, but because when it originally leaked so many people here hated it :thumb3: The original leak literally had "worst song ever made" in it's title. I'm very proud to say that I loved it from the start :yesnod:

I cannot believe people actually hated it when it leaked? Disgustinnnnnn! lol jk

I've seen some people say that it's getting big on tiktok?

dealer has a star next to it on apple music- anyone know if that means they’re making it a single? or it’s just being streamed a lot 

Spoiler

also i haven’t spoken here in so long :trisha: I didn’t want any spoilers from the leak and my grandpas funeral was on release day so i’ve been MIA. thank god for this album it’s beautiful :wub:

2 minutes ago, KingJay said:

I cannot believe people actually hated it when it leaked? Disgustinnnnnn! lol jk

I've seen some people say that it's getting big on tiktok?

It's starting to. One sound on there using the song has about 2k videos under it and some of the videos using it are getting over a million views. And like I said, right now it's the most streamed non-single on the album. It's kind of surprising, but I'm definitely not complaining because it's a fantastic song

imageproxy.jpg

I posted about in the Text Book thread, but I'm too floored by it for it to go unnoticed lol. 

Text Book is actually far more layered than I initially realized. There is the obvious distinction between herself and Sean in terms of where they may stand on certain sociopolitical and/or human rights issues that is used as a backdrop for the dissolution of their relationship – but I am realizing that there are nods to the karmic family lineage that she keeps referring to peppered throughout the song. I think there is a level of genealogical ill situated in a historical and racial context that underlies this song, too (think about the track’s declaration to “rewrite history”, nods to the Black Lives Matter movement, and references to "Ol' Man River").

It is brilliant how she manages to create a lyrical and thematic interplay between the end of a committed relationship, reparations of historical family karma, public infamy, and strained parental relations. This is one of her best – if not the best – written songs. I think it is absolutely one of my top 5 favourites from her ever:cryney2:

1 hour ago, Sugar Venom said:

agreed, like sure its fun to shake the ass to, but it doesn't fit in the context of the album, 

she shoulda added some moans or added a short sexy song instead (ie Gods & Monsters esq ;))