Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

One thing this era taught me is to avoid leaks when possible. Similar to Honeymoon, I’d argue this record is best when listened to from start to finish as a cohesive work. 

I think my initial indifference toward the album would have been avoided had I not just skimmed through the “unheard” songs when they leaked. 

I definitely have a greater appreciation for it now, and I’m almost considering avoiding future singles until the entirety of LDR9 is out:smokes:

I’m definitely thinking the same, both NFR and BB hit me a little less off the bat for me purely because I’d already developed a relationship with a good chunk of the songs (I say that whilst also recognising they both contain some of her best work). Man will it be hard though - though I guess hopefully at this rate I won’t have to wait too long 😂

dealer sounded so familiar to me and I finally realised today that the verses of this song are very similar to M*les' verses:

i think it's a coincidence bc I doubt Soko could've randomly heard dealer before making this song but nonetheless kind of inch resting I just wanted to point this out

also I feel like parts of this album especially dealer and thunder are extremely Angel Olsen-esque like she's been listening to all mirrors I know it. as she should and as I predicted in the pre-release thread along with the fetch the bolt cutters flavour like uggh my mind!

9 minutes ago, honey dew said:

also I feel like parts of this album especially dealer and thunder are extremely Angel Olsen-esque like she's been listening to all mirrors I know it. as she should and as I predicted in the pre-release thread along with the fetch the bolt cutters flavour like uggh my mind!

Endgame and Chance are so gorgeous, whoever produced those needs to work with Lana stat.

Though does anyone else get like a strong Cat Power vibe from BB? Songs like BBS, IYLDWM and Violets for Roses especially make me think of songs like The Greatest and Lived In Bars.

5 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

Endgame and Chance are so gorgeous, whoever produced those needs to work with Lana stat.

Though does anyone else get like a strong Cat Power vibe from BB? Songs like BBS, IYLDWM and Violets for Roses especially make me think of songs like The Greatest and Lived In Bars.

she's always been influenced by Cat Power <3

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

8 hours ago, uhauIjoe said:

This IS her BEST album. No question about it. Just a few songs from here blow any other album of hers out of the water. I thought she would never top Honeymoon but here we are. WOW

No doubt it's an early judgement, yet I'm feeling similar regarding it. Even if a few songs aren't amongst my favourites from her, the album remains her most mature, honest and strongest one yet. Never thought she was going to top Honeymoon either, yet... Yes, BB happened <3

Finally listening to this album on vinyl & wow it's a whole new experience. I'm transcending:wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Violets for Roses is stuck in my head all day long since I head it. This is not my fave thing from BB, but it really works on me.

Blue Banisters isn't her best album imo. All the previous albums are concept albums but here it's less clear, less interesting for me. It's a cute and pretty album, but that's all for me for now. I think it will grow on me later.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

DEALER IS REALLY THAT BITCH!!!!!!A COLLAPSE:lange:

I liked it on my first listen but since then it got better with every listen & now I'm obsessed with Dealer :trisha: 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 hours ago, Cake Pearls said:

Hello everyone. 

Me too. He is not as bad as the Weeknd though. And to think that Lana said he sounds better than her?! Mind boggling. 

For me at least, it's tremendously helpful that Dealer is very humorious. Every time I listen to it it brings smile to my face! In that sense, his weeping little gay voice can't do too much damage to the song itself... maybe it even bring a little more humor to it.

Before I heard Blue Banisters in it's entirety, I was wondering if she will continue to explore relationships with man in more humorious way in her songs, like she did in NFR and Not all that who wonder are lost. I'm verry happy she continued in that direction.

Hello.

Could you keep these shitty, homophobic comments to yourself please? Thank you.

IMG-7960.jpg

2 hours ago, Cake Pearls said:

Hello everyone.

For me at least, it's tremendously helpful that Dealer is very humorious. Every time I listen to it it brings smile to my face! In that sense, his weeping little gay voice can't do too much damage to the song itself... maybe it even bring a little more humor to it.

Hello Kevin,

Fuck you

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

3 hours ago, Cake Pearls said:

:wtf: