Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

One reason I love VFR so much is that it reminds me a lot of 'American,' one of my favorite 'simple, lighter' LDR songs.

With the COCC title track, 'Arcadia,' 'Beautiful' and SC, as much as I like LDR's sad and/or dramatic songs, I'm glad to see her in this more reflective, forward-moving mindset. 

For me, VFR competes with IYLDWM as my favorite from the album. Those horns!

i still havent done a proper write up about this album yet, but i did have some quick thpughts so far on violets for roses. i do think it's about both a man and the public trying to change her, but one line that stood out for me was the "you tried to trade in my new truck for horses" which made me think of the chemtrails photoshoot. remember she posted that picture of herself on top of her truck but the only official picture we got of her in that outfit was the one with the horse. it made me wonder if maybe it was her managers who were trying to change her? maybe she wanted that as the album cover and they were like "no lets do it with horses, its classier" or something and maybe the official album cover was her rebelling like "whatever i'm not using that one either." but then that could just be a coincidence with the truck and horses.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

1 minute ago, scarlettohara said:

i still havent done a proper write up about this album yet, but i did have some quick thpughts so far on violets for roses. i do think it's about both a man and the public trying to change her, but one line that stood out for me was the "you tried to trade in my new truck for horses" which made me think of the chemtrails photoshoot. remember she posted that picture of herself on top of her truck but the only official picture we got of her in that outfit was the one with the horse. it made me wonder if maybe it was her managers who were trying to change her? maybe she wanted that as the album cover and they were like "no lets do it with horses, its classier" or something and maybe the official album cover was her rebelling like "whatever i'm not using that one either." but then that could just be a coincidence with the truck and horses.

I just thought S*** because city vs country vibes but idk

Honestly I think most of the new songs are about him especially after what she said on the live

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

4 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

This makes more sense. At first I thought Sean, but he seems like the type who also drives a truck so why would he get her to give up her truck? Unless it's symbolic and Lana meant 'my new truck for horses', the 'horses' being the country and he's trying to get Lana to distance herself from her life to his (L.A - Oklahoma)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I just thought S*** because city vs country vibes but idk

Honestly I think most of the new songs are about him especially after what she said on the live

yeah i really think most songs are about him or repurposed to be about him in the context of the album (like the old songs), but i do also think most songs also have the parallel between her relationship with sean and her relationship with the public and how both kind of exploded at the same time.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

"And what I never said, why there's a price on my head
It's nothing to do with them, it's my karmic lineage
So I'm not friends with my mother, but I still love my dad
Untraditional lover, can you handle that?"

ICONIC INCREDIBLE AMAZING PROFILIC LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

faSE.gif

1 minute ago, your dealer said:

"And what I never said, why there's a price on my head
It's nothing to do with them, it's my karmic lineage
So I'm not friends with my mother, but I still love my dad
Untraditional lover, can you handle that?"

ICONIC INCREDIBLE AMAZING PROFILIC LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile 

Some artists 

"CAN U REACH ME? EHEHEH NO U CANT LOL"

1 hour ago, 5Rick said:

Imagine a tour named “Fucking Blue Chemtrails Worldwide Tour” :oprah:

just imagine :oprah:

I want her back on tour :trisha: and I want it now :crying2:

I'm sorry to disappoint, but in the live chat she said:

I'm not doing a tour, I'm writing mostly. I'm doing some other things that hopefully in time won't be seen as absolutely mad.

I would literally sell both of my kidneys to hear Dealer live just once :crying:

imageproxy.jpg

45 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I think Dealer was the most streamed on Spotify out of the non singles when I looked earlier

No, it’s IYLDWM

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~