Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

16 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I'm sorry to disappoint, but in the live chat she said:

She really hates me my tickets for Lollapalooza are still sitting in my drawer :poordat:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

36 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

Who is dealer about? Discuss :oprah3:

:creep3:

I assumed it was about her mother during adolescence accidentally funding Lanas drug habits at one point- 

I honestly can’t imagine Miles using “Ether” in conversation.

Miles is Lana. 

Lana is singing her moms part. 

she said her mom yelled a lot.

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/every-lana-del-rey-album-ranked/

#1. Norman fucking Rockwell

#2. Born to Die

#3. Ultraviolence

#4. Blue Banisters

#5. Chemtrails over the Country Club

#6. Lust for Life 

#7. AKA

#8. Honeymoon

Honeymoon dead last? No ma'am. Blue Banisters already at #4 is a good sign for the album's longevity I suppose. 

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

I assumed it was about her mother during adolescence accidentally funding Lanas drug habits at one point-

Miles is Lana.

Lana is singing her moms part. 

Wow, this actually blew my mind and makes so much sense! The only line I can't link to that interpretation is " Please don't try my father either. he ain't been home for years"

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

18 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

No, it’s IYLDWM

Well, IYLDWM was added to major playlists & lanz said it might get a video so it seems that, in her and her teams mind, it’s a single 

9 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Wow, this actually blew my mind and makes so much sense! The only line I can't link to that interpretation is " Please don't try my father either. he ain't been home for years"

i’m still assuming dealers about g-eazy, (firstly bc he’s a POS) but second because the dad thing would make sense - he and his mom left his dad when he was super young 

20 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/every-lana-del-rey-album-ranked/

#1. Norman fucking Rockwell

#2. Born to Die

#3. Ultraviolence

#4. Blue Banisters

#5. Chemtrails over the Country Club

#6. Lust for Life 

#7. AKA

#8. Honeymoon

Honeymoon dead last? No ma'am. Blue Banisters already at #4 is a good sign for the album's longevity I suppose. 

:oic3:

55 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Meanwhile 

Some artists 

"CAN U REACH ME? EHEHEH NO U CANT LOL"

Yeah no cherry-picking lyrics to pit women against each other is not witty or cute, cupcake

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 hour ago, scarlettohara said:

i still havent done a proper write up about this album yet, but i did have some quick thpughts so far on violets for roses. i do think it's about both a man and the public trying to change her, but one line that stood out for me was the "you tried to trade in my new truck for horses" which made me think of the chemtrails photoshoot. remember she posted that picture of herself on top of her truck but the only official picture we got of her in that outfit was the one with the horse. it made me wonder if maybe it was her managers who were trying to change her? maybe she wanted that as the album cover and they were like "no lets do it with horses, its classier" or something and maybe the official album cover was her rebelling like "whatever i'm not using that one either." but then that could just be a coincidence with the truck and horses.

She's saying "you tried to trade in my new truck for Rollses" like Rolls Royces. She wants the simple life with a truck, and he wants her to live up the luxurious lifestyle that she's not interested in. I do think the message behind the song can apply to both a man and the public though, but I also think Beautiful takes a similar theme and applies it more explicitly to the public/fans who try to tell her what her art should be.

It’s funny the stark contrast between COCC and BB release in Lanaboards and I guess the fandom in general.

Almost everyone for the most part loves Blue Banisters, the concept, songs, themes.

COCC was different.. everyone was nitpicking at something different.

Lana really did THAT with Blue Banisters, a TOP 3 album in her discography. Exquisite

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

37 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I mean it’s not that crazy to think they might have separated at one point. 
His daughter shades his wife online regularly-there clearly is a complex family dynamic at play. 

If it is about her mother, she clearly thinks Lana is very entitled. 

34 minutes ago, brandon said:

Well, IYLDWM was added to major playlists & lanz said it might get a video so it seems that, in her and her teams mind, it’s a single 

i’m still assuming dealers about g-eazy, (firstly bc he’s a POS) but second because the dad thing would make sense - he and his mom left his dad when he was super young 

I agree; he's also a massive cokehead (confirmed by Halsey) and the timing fits

I can imagine him saying all that stuph to her

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

If Dealer is about G-Eazy then damn...he must've really pissed her off if In My Feelings, White Mustang and Dealer are all about him :oopna: He deserves to be dragged through the mud though so I'm definitely here for it 

imageproxy.jpg

ik nobody cares but since i've let this album ~marinate~ for a week and a half (:hooker:) i'm ready for my rankings

Albums: NFR, BB, UV, PD, HM, COCC, LFL, BTD, AKA, S

BB Top 5 (in no order): Living Legend, Text Book, Black Bathing Suit, Dealer, Violets for Roses

It's super rare for me to like singles so much, but Text Book really has that power. Blue Banisters is a masterpiece album; it's mere existence has a fucking chokehold on my sanity.

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.