Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I need to catch up I haven't been back since like page 15 but I just came here to say- I lost a family member on the 22nd who actually enjoyed Lana even though she was older. This album might be taking Honeymoons place as my second favorite after UV. Idk if its only because of my situation but regardless I just think these songs are SO gorgeous, meaningful and necessary in Lana's discography.. even the ones we already had. 

Living Legend, Sweet Carolina & Cherry Blossom have me SOBBING every day 

I can't believe this is what i'll always associate this album with now but i'm SO thankful for it and satisfied with the songs she picked

the fact that i just got my second or third fav lana album ever is still so crazy to me.

10 minutes ago, wildheart said:

this is nfr! erasure:hooker:

(but Honeymoon is top three:defeated:)

i have ears so of course :hooker:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I always thought Dealer was more of a mood track, and is one of those songs where Lana’s depiction of the person she’s addressing is a more universal one (like an archetypal ex-boyfriend) and is meant to reflect more on her state of mind, than just be about the character type she’s singing to.

yeah dealer is fucking genius

shit we really needed a solo version of her singing it and changing her voice to play both characters it'd be so amazing and would give us a little OTTR vocals throwback :oprah:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, bluechemtrails said:

It's kind of funny that some people (e.g. AJayII yesterday) think the voice of Miles Kane is that of Lana, because he's nowhere mentioned.

The way she twerks along with Dealer omg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Lana's one of those people that's really good at storytelling, so for all we know, Dealer could be completely fictional. I don't think it's about G-Eazy, but it's just funny to think there's even a chance of that since her songs on LFL about him are kind of angry as well. Regardless, the way she was able to tap into that genuine anger for the song is astounding. There's so much emotion in the way she sings, and then she tops the song off with somewhat of a playful, almost sarcastic outro. I could literally write an essay on why Dealer is a genius song. 

imageproxy.jpg

Official ChartUK just published an article saying it's still a close race between 4 big artists (Elton, Lana, Duran Duran and another) to get the number 1 spot, even if Elton is currently leading first... so, I guess she can still make it! She would break records for having 2 number 1 albums in the same year!

UK gays you know what to do now :true: 

meanwhile, I am still crying listening to Sweet Carolina, such an underestimated gem :oprah:

beautiful and violets for roses are such growers for me. on initial listen i wasn’t the biggest fan, but they really did find their way into my heart very quickly and this album as a whole has, too. while i still think the trio is a bit basic sounding and doesn’t fit the album, i don’t 100% mind it. every other song on this record is absolutely gorgeous, and i can’t stop listening to black bathing suit, IYLDWM, beautiful, violets for roses, dealer, and thunder. just a perfect 6-track run. WFWF and Cherry Blossom are both really pretty, but not quite my favs. Nectar, however, is growing on me quite a bit as well. I’ve always loved it as an unreleased song, but when i saw it was going to be on the album, I was skeptical if anything. But after having some time to digest the album, I think it fits perfectly into the sonic landscape she created with this album. Sweet Carolina is just… wow. her vocals on this one blow me away every time. this is a great album and I’m happy Lana still has music like this in her. as of now, my album ranking is as follows, though it is always subject to change:

Honeymoon

Ultraviolence

Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Blue Banisters / Born To Die (Tied)

Paradise

Chemtrails Over The Country Club

Lust for Life

giphy.gif

Thinking about Cherry Blossom as the finale to the journey, a lullaby to herself

Little ghost, blonde hair with lemonade tea
There's much to learn, and so much to see

Looking back to Lizzy from where she is now, speaking lovingly to her younger self who is on the brink of the whole adventure

Speaking back in time to all of her younger selves. Telling them all not to be discouraged by the cruel world she knows they will face

What we've got (her artistic gift) we've got to share

She is the little girl in the swing - Angelina, the little angel, and also the mother pushing her, guiding herself from the future

avR5T3d.jpg

original.gifc4ef5556e5e74ef8637b5d1109ae792a.gif

Then SC as an epilogue, to the mothers and children of tomorrow