Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

8 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

Official ChartUK just published an article saying it's still a close race between 4 big artists (Elton, Lana, Duran Duran and another) to get the number 1 spot, even if Elton is currently leading first... so, I guess she can still make it! She would break records for having 2 number 1 albums in the same year!

UK gays you know what to do now :true: 

meanwhile, I am still crying listening to Sweet Carolina, such an underestimated gem :oprah:

Yeah I just read the article. Elton John is leading followed by Duran Duran (#2), Lana (#3), and Biffy Clyro (#4) but it's an extremely competitive race because apparently the difference between Elton John (#1) and Biffy Clyro (#4) is just 4,500 chart sales.

UK gals, you know what to do. :ma:

20 hours ago, bewhitehotforever said:

welcome back! i’m surprised since UV and NFR are so high up on your list that you don’t like the album. what about the UV type songs? maybe it’s because you don’t like HM and songs like Arcadia are very HM? 

keep streaming and see if your opinion changes

:kiss3:

I’m an album guy. I enjoy the aspect of listening to a record from beginning to end. My gripes with Honeymoon is just my opinion of filler. There’s songs like Art Deco and Salvatore that I feel like ruin the flow because they are the weakest songs on the album. I find Ultraviolence to be flawless album.

2 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

Impatiently waiting for fantanos bb review so I can judge him for giving the album a bad review. It’s honestly a tradition at this point🥴

he didn't do the new music friday livestream in the 22nd cause he had family plans so i'm waiting to see his reaction to it

I'm suddenly over excited about the Blue Banisters versions of Fine China and Wild One (and I Talk to Jesus?). I'm wondering how would they sound as they were apparently reworked for their appearance on the new album... also I feel Fine China would work amazing right after Violets for Roses (but so weird before Dealer... :um2:) and Wild One somewhere in the second half.

Hopefully (or delulully :bebe:) we'll get them soon :brows: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

I'm suddenly over excited about the Blue Banisters versions of Fine China and Wild One (and I Talk to Jesus?). I'm wondering how would they sound as they were apparently reworked for their appearance on the new album... also I feel Fine China would work amazing right after Violets for Roses (but so weird before Dealer... :um2:) and Wild One somewhere in the second half.

Hopefully (or delulully :bebe:) we'll get them soon :brows: 

What makes you think she reworked them? Or even remaster them... :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

What makes you think she reworked them? Or even remaster them... :bebe:

My delulu mind :bebe: 

No but for real, I think she could have touched Fine China a little at least, just to make it sound more similar to the album's sound. Wild One well could have been tossed like it is, but not FC i guess :um3: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Oh God, Dealer is such a liberating song! I always feel better after listening to it! More Lana angry songs please!

And also the fact that right after Dealer there's Thunder, which is on the contrary calm and relaxing... the placement of the songs is just perfect :omg: this woman, her mind :angie::oprah2:

Ok did Lana put actual drugs in Dealer because I seriously grin every time it starts playing. Never have I had a reaction to a song long this before, it just makes me so happy. :w8ing:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

My mom says the reason she doesn't like Dealer, is because Lana sounds horny when she screams :um2: 

Truly the sultry bop we were waiting for...

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

5 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

Pitchfork continues stanning the album. They just picked Black Bathing Suit and Sweet Carolina as two of the best songs to listen to this week. :pussypower::sass:

taste, sweet carolina is the best ballad of the album