Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

1 minute ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Of course he would. :lanasrs2:

it kinda makes me scared since he shits on most of her stuff pre-lfl, praying for all the reworks

Just now, SELPHlES said:

it kinda makes me scared since he shits on most of her stuff pre-lfl, praying for all the reworks

He shitted on Fiona's Fetch The Bolt Cutters. I'm convinced he just hates woman. :bliss:

8 minutes ago, SELPHlES said:

dealer smashing they NEED to make it a single

probably tomorrow he said iyldwm was meh on his weekly track round up tho:wtf2:

She gunna see everyone begging to make dealer or thunder a single then do the opposite and pick another boring song like beautiful as a single and then stream its only live performance on igtv on her instagram that the majority of the fanbase doesn’t have access to and we’ll have to watch on shitty youtube uploads and snippets of on tiktok

I'm not trying to be rude or catty but what credentials does Ajayll have? Is she a musician, producer, singer? I watched her Blue Banisters reaction and she doesn't really talk about things from a technical POV, just kinda what she likes? Is that her "thing", just being an amateur listener? 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

She said she is dedicating the next year to writing. In the LFL album trailer (and multiple times since then) she emphasized the importance of retreating into yourself and shutting out the outside world if you want to create something special. She also referred to this in the video post she made before she shut down her instagram account, how she wants to give more of her attention to her creative endeavors. I don't expect a new album next year (maybe we will get behind the iron gates + something for BTD 10 year anniversary),  but if she focuses so much on being creative then I hope she will come out with something truly extraordinary for her next album in 2023.

1 hour ago, Mer said:

I'm not trying to be rude or catty but what credentials does Ajayll have? Is she a musician, producer, singer? I watched her Blue Banisters reaction and she doesn't really talk about things from a technical POV, just kinda what she likes? Is that her "thing", just being an amateur listener? 

I don't know who she is, but I noticed that she only wears her witch hat when reacting to Lana.

Tbh if she takes a longer break between BB and her next album,  I would like to see a shift in sound . Something that it not predominantly piano . I know that she is capable of spicing things up , she is known for changing soundscapes . :oprah3:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

16 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

Tbh if she takes a longer break between BB and her next album,  I would like to see a shift in sound . Something that it not predominantly piano . I know that she is capable of spicing things up , she is known for changing soundscapes . :oprah3:

As in her country album?!? :thumb3:

I’m partly kidding, I totally know what you mean. I have hope that the one after the covers/country could be more upbeat. I’m still curious about Loved You Then and Now (it must sound very different if it didn’t make the cut of the last two albums) and if she’ll keep on working with Mike Dean (please let him go loose on production next time). 

2 hours ago, Mer said:

Aren't ALL reaction videos like this? I've yet to see any interesting one (and please spare me with this cringy pOeT rEaCtS tO lOnA DeL rAy stuff cause I can't really see a lot of expertise there either). They are usually successfull because it's either a hot or likeable person.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Four days in and this is where I’m standing with my ranking of the songs (not in a particular order just yet):

10/10

Black Bathing Suit

Dealer

Sweet Carolina

Violets For Roses

Wildflower Wildfire

9.5/10

Blue Banisters

If You Lie Down With Me

Text Book

9/10

Nectar of The Gods

Thunder

8/10

Interlude - The Trio

Living Legend

7/10

Arcadia

Cherry Blossom

6.5/10

Beautiful (this one hasn’t properly hit yet)

Straight up masterpiece. I’m trying to write a proper, extended review of this album but the way it kept catapulting its way to the top with each listen… it might be a top 3 album alongside NFR and Honeymoon :true:

IMG-7960.jpg

11 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Maybe they roll the fix in different regions at a different time? Here in Europe the chorus sounds clean even at full volume (and it didn't when the album was released)

i’m from the uk and it doesn’t for me for some reason :(

Cherry Blossom hits different when you think that Lana's singing for you directly :wowcry: almost as if she's looking out for us especially when things get complicated or hard 

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

10 minutes ago, lover said:

Cherry Blossom hits different when you think that Lana's singing for you directly :wowcry: almost as if she's looking out for us especially when things get complicated or hard 

Yes. Esp when you're suicidal.."Theres so much to learn..so much to see."

Top God tier trinity

Honourable Mention trinity

Center-average tier

Good songs I don't always vibe with tier

Songs that I'm ok with forgetting tier

1. Wildflower Wildfire
  2. Living legend
  3. Blue Banisters
  4. Dealer
  5. Text Book
  6. Violets for Roses