Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

question for the culture: do u all really give half a shit about what youtube reviewers or critics say???  :oprah3:

I couldn't be bothered to look at someone else for their opinion on her music. I think it's much more interesting to come on here and read your reviews (as regular fans) than stuck up music critics or youtube reviewers who think NFR is her end all be all and nothing else she's made or will make is any good.

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

1 minute ago, CmonDownToFL said:

question for the culture: do u all really give half a shit about what youtube reviewers or critics say???  :oprah3:

I couldn't be bothered to look at someone else for their opinion on her music. I think it's much more interesting to come on here and read your reviews (as fans) than random ass people 

Agreed. The problem is that certain people rely on other people's opinions to make their own

29 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I don’t agree with everything you’ve said but it’s refreshing to see a fearless review that isn’t a 9-10 calling it the greatest album of all time. I think it’s a fan bias to want to score your faves music so highly every single time. 

Haha. Glad you agree the reviews are ott.

In my opinion, those who rate this album super high aren't really true fans. Because they would know that songs on this record are a far cry from tracks like Ride, Blue Jeans, West Coast, Young & Beautiful, Venice Bitch, White Dress etc. on almost every level.

A few years down the line, no one will remember any of the tracks off it, the public will have ignored it in its entirety, and it will end up amongst her lowest ranked on Spotify and other streaming platforms, right alongside Honeymoon and Chemtrails.

35 minutes ago, americangothic said:

Question for the culture: Is the album doing as bad as you're all saying, or is it a joke?

Lana is one of the most streamed female artists ever, up there with Taylor, Ariana, Rihanna, and with more streams per album than Miley, Katy Perry, Beyonce, Selena and many other “big” female artists

At 25k projected sales Blue banisters will have the lowest first week sales than the lowest selling albums from each of those artists, this is lower than Smile and Younger now which were also considered horrific commercial failures

All of Lana’s other albums have reached more than a billion streams and (depending on the news source), have had opening week sales of more than 100k including Chemtrails

This album sales are horrific, she’s sold more albums than Nicki Minaj, Lorde, Dua, Billie, and almost all the female artists that premiered in the 2010’s, (except adele) and still managed to have the lowest selling album of all of them

11 minutes ago, barttttender said:

In my opinion, those who rate this album super high aren't really true fans. Because they would know that songs on this record are a far cry from tracks like Ride, Blue Jeans, West Coast, Young & Beautiful, Venice Bitch, White Dress etc. on almost every level.

A few years down the line, no one will remember any of the tracks off it, the public will have ignored it in its entirety, and it will end up amongst her lowest ranked on Spotify and other streaming platforms, right alongside Honeymoon and Chemtrails.

it's not too late to delete this. :oprah2:

faSE.gif

13 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Sorry but this is such a bad take. There are tons of people here who are genuinely loving the album and are certainly super fans, or we wouldn't be spending so much of our time on LanaBoards. It's fine if the album didn't click for you, but don't act like you're enlightened because of it, and those of us who think the album is brilliant and beautiful are either faking it or don't know what we're talking about. I actually feel like a true super fan is more likely to pick up on a lot of the intricacies of the album and absolutely understand what Lana was doing here. It's a great record with a cohesive and complex story.

I’m starting to think her black bathing suit is just her mood. Her sadness is all that fits her and she wishes her man could see her for who she really is

“I guess I'm complicated, my life's sorta too
I wish you could see to my soul through this black bathing suit
You don't know me any better than they do, baby
'Cause I sing like an angel, my heart's like one too
The only thing that fits is this black bathing suit

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

8 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Sorry but this is such a bad take. There are tons of people here who are genuinely loving the album and are certainly super fans, or we wouldn't be spending so much of our time on LanaBoards. It's fine if the album didn't click for you, but don't act like you're enlightened because of it, and those of us who think the album is brilliant and beautiful are either faking it or don't know what we're talking about. I actually feel like a true super fan is more likely to pick up on a lot of the intricacies of the album and absolutely understand what Lana was doing here. It's a great record with a cohesive and complex story.

All of the songs that he listed are some of the brilliant songs that got us into loving Lana in the first place, none of the songs on Blue Banisters are what make us fans of her, anyone who’s listening to Blue Banisters was already a fan previously which of course is only because its a couple days old but highly doubt any new listeners who will be listening to Lana for the first time with Blue Banisters will be revisiting her discography

the album is absolutely not cohesive, its a collection of songs and its very obvious with a couple of songs that they were recorded at very different times than the rest of the record

19 minutes ago, Taylor Secman said:

This album sales are horrific, she’s sold more albums than Nicki Minaj, Lorde, Dua, Billie, and almost all the female artists that premiered in the 2010’s, (except adele) and still managed to have the lowest selling album of all of them

I really don’t think it’s that bad. She doesn’t have vinyl which makes up the majority of her sales, and it’s her second album of the year.  She probably would have done closer 50k with vinyl which isn’t bad considering the fact that the GP doesn’t even know she has an album out. Also even Lorde who did a bunch of interviews, magazine covers, and hadn’t released an album in 4 years sold around 50k as well. Don’t think it’s fair to compare her numbers to people who have hit songs and a lot of promo. 

How are you going to write some essay about how "against the grain" you are by disliking a record, and then use that same mentality and logic that you claim to be so against with the "if XYZ likes or doesn't like XYX, they aren't real fans"

What is that old adage of "two wrongs don't make a right" again?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I'm just happy Lana's finally getting attention from a song that isn't an unreleased from 11 years ago :oprah4:

imageproxy.jpg

9 minutes ago, TextBook said:
I’m starting to think her black bathing suit is just her mood. Her sadness is all that fits her and she wishes her man could see her for who she really is

“I guess I'm complicated, my life's sorta too
I wish you could see to my soul through this black bathing suit
You don't know me any better than they do, baby
'Cause I sing like an angel, my heart's like one too
The only thing that fits is this black bathing suit

i like this interpretation! i was thinking it symbolised others' projections onto her and their warped/romanticised view of her, including the idea of her being a "sad" and/or "bad" girl, etc.

mUENGN9.png

Okay so if you don't stan Blue Banisters and someone else does it doesn't mean they're not fans / super fans / stans / whatever you wanna call it. EVERYONE has different taste and it really shows in places like LanaBoards (duh). Enjoy the fucking music guys, I think Lana is really doing something to give her fans constant releases with QUALITY (don't dare telling me otherwise, she really has standouts in the two albums from this year regardless you like them as whole projects or not), unlike... many other singers who have *smashes* or *bops* in the radio / playlists right now.

EDIT: True, it goes the other way around as well.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 minutes ago, Nectar said:

I really don’t think it’s that bad. She doesn’t have vinyl which makes up the majority of her sales, and it’s her second album of the year.  She probably would have done closer 50k with vinyl which isn’t bad considering the fact that the GP doesn’t even know she has an album out. Also even Lorde who did a bunch of interviews, magazine covers, and hadn’t released an album in 4 years sold around 50k as well. Don’t think it’s fair to compare her numbers to people who have hit songs and a lot of promo. 

Thats why I compared to Lana’s own previous sales to her current sales for this record, she like never promotes her albums and they still managed to do well,

also even if you remove all the vinyl sales from all of her first week sales of all of her previous albums, including chemtrails, they have still all sold more than Blue Banisters 

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

Okay so if you don't stan Blue Banisters and someone else does it doesn't mean they're not fans / super fans / stans / whatever you wanna call it. EVERYONE has different taste and it really shows in places like LanaBoards (duh). Enjoy the fucking music guys, I think Lana is really doing something to give her fans constant releases with QUALITY (don't dare telling me otherwise, she really has standouts in the two albums from this year regardless you like them as whole projects or not), unlike... many other singers who have *smashes* or *bops* in the radio / playlists right now.

Yeah, and it goes both ways too. Just because someone likes Blue Banisters and another poster doesn't, that doesn't make them not real fans and I wish we would all stop with this nonsense. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Thunder said:

Yeah, and it goes both ways too. Just because someone likes Blue Banisters and another poster doesn't, that doesn't make them not real fans and I wish we would all stop with this nonsense. 

Exactly :defeated: PREACH! :oprah3:  :gclap: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

39 minutes ago, barttttender said:

So we're not true fans for liking the album, but you were literally on here a few months ago going on and on about Lana's body in a negative manner and you are? This just in: people are allowed to like new things and still be a fan of the artist! I don't care whether or not you like the album, this is a weird mentality for anyone to have on any musician. I agree that most of those songs you mentioned are outstanding tracks, but that doesn't take away from there being tracks people like on Blue Banisters too and to claim that it does makes absolutely zero sense. 

This is just a general thing to everyone, myself included: your opinions do not equal facts, and you shouldn't present them as such. Okay, rant over :runs:

imageproxy.jpg