Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

OK I need to get off LB before I launch into a Question for the Boards that nobody asked for :byeh8rs2:

Personally, I'm here for it :candy: I'm kind of biting my tongue on that one too 

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

I see your point, probably shouldn't have said. It's just kind of unfathomable to me how some people can rank this higher than her past records. It's such a half-arsed effot from Lana in my view. But again, grateful that she's given us two albums this year, and hope it grows on me

Can we all chill out now

Thanks for explaining your perspective and hearing me out! I’m grateful as well and hope the record grows on you! 

16 minutes ago, Taylor Secman said:

Look, At the end of the day it’s personal taste, I like “get” the record, i get the symbolism of violets for roses and the banisters that are blue and green and grey etc, i can see the brilliance in her songwriting but my attitude to this whole album can be summarized in Lana’s own words which she said in an interview with Jack a year ago

“I don’t really care if you mush an amazing life story into an alternative record. If the melodies don’t stun me, I kind of don’t care. I think it’s interesting if you’re yelling and shouting and talking about where you’re going and what it’s been like, but to me that’s not a record. That’s a therapy session.”

and that's on YOU - only, don't take it out on us and don't speak it out as something soooooo objective, k? k.

The points are:

1. You are entitled to dislike the album, i don't care since that's your personal experience and if the album isn't neither for you nor your friend, then it isnt neither for you nor your friend. End of story. Because you and your friends do not represent the whole fandom's taste, respectively. I can also say me & my friends like this album a lot like you did. 

2. The low numbers do not reflect whether the fans hate it or love it ONLY. It also the GP, the non-stans, and other elements like radio plays & promotion, etc. Therefore, it does not represent her relevancy COMPLETELY. To say this era is tanked (and after only 4 days since the release) at this point is so unfair & narrow-minded.

3. The low numbers does not reflect her artistry or her body-of-work quality. The fact that is clearly lower than Born to Die does not make it the worst thing she've ever done.

In conclusion, try not to put your personal point of view as a fact out there. It's dumb & tone deaf af.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Question for Lanaboards:

Now that you have spent several pages debating whether you’re a true fan for liking or disliking Blue Banisters, can I go back to saying Honeymoon is her worst album without being crucified or saying that I’m not a true fan?

I’m fed up with this fanbase saying that I’m tasteless or a fake fan just because I don’t like Honeymoon that much and that I think Norman Fucking Rockwell! Is her best album. 

zXzLCRU.png

7 minutes ago, Taylor Secman said:

If TikTok is any measure, she has like two albums worth of unreleased music which have never been promoted, radio plays, playlisting etc that are being listened to more than any song on this record 

and THAT takes time.

Let me ask you something: Did Queen of Disasters only take 4 days to be a hit on tik tok, like Dealer is doing?

because as i remember it took MONTHS for it to get really viral.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Question for LanaBoards:

Can we all come together to recognize the fact that each LDR record will resonate or not resonate with many different people depending on so many factors, all in which boils down to personal taste. You don't have to like every single album that she puts out to be considered a fan, nor does someone who enjoys a new record merely "eat up everything she puts out, with no possessed ability to critique." If X is your favorite and Y is your least favorite, that's great, and we should all be humble enough to at least acknowledge that she has a diverse catalog of music that evokes various reactions from people. Stop crucifying people for not liking something, and stop generalizing people who enjoy a new record into a superficial category of being followers who can't think critically. These fights happen after every album. let people have their opinions.

:oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Instead of asking for Born to Die 2.0, go stream Black Bathing Suit instead.

It's literally Born to Die + Paradise + Ultra + Honeymoon + Lust for Life + NFR + COTCC if you wanted her to make Born to Die 2.0, UV 2.0, HM 2.0 or what ever the fuck it is so badly.

16 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Negativity, mental illnesses and clownery entering the thread...

lana-del-rey-marinerscomplex.gif

imma floor these f****s

1 hour ago, Taylor Secman said:

Now i know that not EVERY fan isn’t disliking the album like i get it its personal taste but the fans who are enjoying this album are definitely in the minority and the numbers show it

And why it has a higher user score than any other album on metacritic? https://www.metacritic.com/browse/albums/score/userscore/all/filtered

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

Some of you do too much, we all have personal preferences-wish @BluebirdXO was here to sort this nonsense. 

Someone summoned me?

I decided to not listen to this record for personal reasons, so sadly I cannot add anything meaningful to the discussion 😭

And let us agree that:

THIS IS HER 8TH STUDIO ALBUM, HER FUCKING 8TH STUDIO ALBUM. For god's sake. And the number's aren't that bad like y'all make it out to be...who do you expect? Oliviva Rodrigo or BLACKINK?

I know there are artists out there would kill to be the artist Lana is today.