Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

everybody's entitled to their own opinions, but it would be foolish to say that somebody's not a true fan because they like the album, or try to say that it's a flop or a bad album because of how well it's doing in the charts/streaming, honestly this might be my least-favorite ldr album at the moment :oopna: however, i can easily recognize & see that so many people love & adore this album, so many people feel a special & emotional connection to the songs from this album, and the album isn't doing that bad regarding charts/streaming, it seems like dealer is going a little viral on tiktok! :oic: i would never say somebody is a "fake fan" or anything like that because they love the album just because i have issues with it, we all have unique opinions & tastes, which is the beauty of this forum, some people really love her past work, some people are really digging her recent albums, some people really love it all, and even if you strongly prefer her first few albums, that doesn't mean you still can't enjoy them, even if you aren't a big fan of her recent work, as we all know, my favorite era is the "lizzy grant" era, and obviously that era is a long time ago and it's still very vague & mysterious, and obviously lana's musical style is very different than it was in 2007-2010, but i can still enjoy the music, the aesthetic, & the songwriting, it's okay to not like something, but please be mindful of others who do, saying somebody is a "fake fan" because they enjoy the album doesn't make any sense :oopna:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

some of you people are clearly not song writers or artists. her putting the songs out from years ago IS growth. We were never supposed to have them in the first place so if you were disappointed with them being on there, maybe you shouldn’t have listened to them in the first place. 

giphy.gif

For some reason I don’t feel compelled to read back the discussion .. but from the little I’ve seen online the album is being received well by the critics and the general public no ? 
As for me .. it’s classic high quality Lana so I’m a happy camper ! :D
I love majority of the tracks old or new so .. all is good xD ! 

7 minutes ago, bigspender said:

some of you people are clearly not song writers or artists. her putting the songs out from years ago IS growth. We were never supposed to have them in the first place so if you were disappointed with them being on there, maybe you shouldn’t have listened to them in the first place. 

I love the Ultraviolence songs but... They weigh on the album. While IYLDWM blends perfectly with the rest of the album, NOTG, L stretch the record purposeless and they differ sonically too. Idk WW -> Sweet Carolina would have been a finer transition It would have been more coherent with the story she was trying to tell at least imho. Maybe Cherry Blossom was fine? 

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

32 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

Well, I guess this is the end of civilization on Lanaboards… but… if this is the end, I want a boyfriend :smile2:

Hide contents

where’s @COCC when we need them :willcut:

Even the dickpics on that website were more entertaining than this discussion :smile2:

Haven’t even read the drama, but the facts are this:

- The album has an 80 on Metacritic and is 1 point away from “Universal Acclaim” status.

- Lana discussing the album on Live showed how much thought and care she put into it.

- Her team/label botching the physicals fucked up the sales. That is a fact. 
- Lana deleting ALL of her socials a month before her album release helped nothing.

- If her sales aren’t where you want them to be, ask yourself “Did I buy the album and support my fave?”, then go from there.

We’ve been spoiled with another classic.

4 hours ago, Taylor Secman said:

Lana is one of the most streamed female artists ever, up there with Taylor, Ariana, Rihanna, and with more streams per album than Miley, Katy Perry, Beyonce, Selena and many other “big” female artists

At 25k projected sales Blue banisters will have the lowest first week sales than the lowest selling albums from each of those artists, this is lower than Smile and Younger now which were also considered horrific commercial failures

All of Lana’s other albums have reached more than a billion streams and (depending on the news source), have had opening week sales of more than 100k including Chemtrails

This album sales are horrific, she’s sold more albums than Nicki Minaj, Lorde, Dua, Billie, and almost all the female artists that premiered in the 2010’s, (except adele) and still managed to have the lowest selling album of all of them

Your constant negativity is irritating in general, and this post is lacking clear perspective. You’re acting like Lana didn’t just sell 75K first week this March? This is her *second album this year*, and there are multiple valid, legitimate reasons why the sales are what they are. 

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

In my opinion, those who rate this album super high aren't really true fans. Because they would know that songs on this record are a far cry from tracks like Ride, Blue Jeans, West Coast, Young & Beautiful, Venice Bitch, White Dress etc. on almost every level.

This is hilariously condescending. Half of her albums aren’t even above 7/10 in your rankings. If half her output is that mediocre to you, frankly, l don’t consider YOU to be a true fan. A lot of us here genuinely do feel she’s putting out consistently great albums. Your experience with her music, your favorite songs - they don’t automatically apply to everyone else. 

2 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

I have the weirdest feeling that her next main album after blue banisters is going to really go all in on stylish, evocative bops

something in the vein of the trio, dealer, wildflower wildfire (outro), more summery surf vibes, trip hop, Mike Dean production….. 

could be totally wrong but I feel like she’s coming back towards a more pop-centred album next time.

amen

I didn't know that Lana was a bubblegum pop star now...

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Jokes aside, have you ever gave a look to Lana's whole discography on Metacritic? In case you haven't: https://www.metacritic.com/person/lana-del-rey

SERIOUSLY, she has better tracking than living legends such as Madonna... I will repeat myself but most artists nowadays would really sell their parents to have something like that, and y'll are really complaining about first week sales? Oh God. Blame the nasty twinks who didn't stream enough, not Lana pls!