Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Lana stated herself multiple times that she is an Alternative artist .. I wouldn’t even think to compare her with Taylor swift , Rihanna etc. (simply because I find her much better ) . 
I even think she’s better than Adele - who has two solid albums as a songwriter.. but 25 is meh  .. and if I had to compare her song catalogue with Lana’s .. she blows her out of the water ! 

What is all this fighting here oh my god

do y'all stan Lana because she's commercially successful? It's so clear that neither she or her team care a lot about chart placement, she's just giving us her beautiful music (TWO times this year). This is what matters, so I will never understand why some here care about her chart success more than her own team.

And to those who say that we, who enjoyed this new record, are not real fans - literally get a life. Whether the songs on BB are West Coast/Ride etc level is PURELY subjective and you really shouldn't care about the opinion of others. Let people enjoy things, this toxic behaviour reminds me of the hellhole that the Star Wars fandom is right now.

14 minutes ago, Corona said:

What is all this fighting here oh my god

do y'all stan Lana because she's commercially successful? It's so clear that neither she or her team care a lot about chart placement, she's just giving us her beautiful music (TWO times this year). This is what matters, so I will never understand why some here care about her chart success more than her own team.

And to those who say that we, who enjoyed this new record, are not real fans - literally get a life. Whether the songs on BB are West Coast/Ride etc level is PURELY subjective and you really shouldn't care about the opinion of others. Let people enjoy things, this toxic behaviour reminds me of the hellhole that the Star Wars fandom is right now.

and u spilled, yes bitch. :hype:

Imagine me loving Blue banisters - literally appreciate my idol's piece of work and get called "not real enough to be her fan". Pure clownery here.

The question is: how rEaL is enough for you to be seen as her fan? We literally love her music and support her through all the highs and the lows, no matter when she was at the top with her commercial breakthrough or when every annoying ass twinks on twitter from other fandoms call her a "flop" and disrespectfully saying she's "irrelevant" & "over" - while y'all "real fans" constantly complaining about commercial success & 25K first week, lol get tf out of here with that horse-shit. :oprah3:

Like if y'all "real fans", why don't you do us a favor & go stream "Dealer" for that commercial success y'all ever wanted instead of keep on whining your ass about 25k? And you're entitled enough to give yourself the right to judge who are the "real fans" or not? Your mindset needs help. Sincerely.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

If I really have to find one thing to complain about right now would be that I don’t know when I will see her perform live .. 

hopefully soon ! 
and with a lover next to me .. but her touring schedule is as bad as my love life :D 

1 hour ago, Poor Stacy said:

- Her team/label botching the physicals fucked up the sales. That is a fact. 

What I don't understand is they are not letting her release digital first-physicals later but they are letting this happen. Whole idea of releasing the album at the same losts its meaning then, just let her release the digital album first as she wants to.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

2 hours ago, alexandro said:

Question for Lanaboards:

Now that you have spent several pages debating whether you’re a true fan for liking or disliking Blue Banisters, can I go back to saying Honeymoon is her worst album without being crucified or saying that I’m not a true fan?

I’m fed up with this fanbase saying that I’m tasteless or a fake fan just because I don’t like Honeymoon that much and that I think Norman Fucking Rockwell! Is her best album. 

My dude like 75% of the fandom worships NFR

whatarecoloris.jpg

7 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

....could have waited a week to release the album along with physicals...

ALSO. LET'S BEAT ELTON!!! UK GAYSSSS U GOT THIS :kiss3:

It's ABOUT THE DAMN TIME

Guys, gays & girlies. We got this. Let us host multiple streaming parties for this baby by next week!

LWchGcY.jpg

So, apprently we reached +20M streams as a whole for the album. Let's keep on streaming Dealer & If You Lie Down With Me.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I’m so glad that I never listened to Living Legend because it’s one of my favorites from the album, I’m obsessed :angie:

That said, I wish I hadn’t overplayed Cherry Blossom because I would have been snatched if this was my first time listening to it. 

zXzLCRU.png

10 minutes ago, Thoth said:

What I don't understand is they are not letting her release digital first-physicals later but they are letting this happen. Whole idea of releasing the album at the same losts its meaning then, just let her release the digital album first as she wants to.

Yeah, it’s totally illogical. Best move would have been to have everything out at once. Doesn’t really matter when it’s released in the end, as long as it’s not the same week as Adele. Now we have certain people having breakdowns over sales figures that were completely avoidable (even though they hate the album, too?!?)

Every time I listen to the album, I have some unexpected special moments. Today it was actually "Dealer" that caught me, even though I had heard it a few dozen times before. It was such a perfect listening experience like 110%. I don't know if I'll hear it that way again, but I understand now why it performs so well.

Just now, lustforlife said:

A bbc1 live lounge with miles would be so good for the era :air:

1. Dealer (feat. Miles Kane, Nikki Lane and Alex Turner)

2. Thunder (feat. Ariana Grande)

3. Unidentified Flying Bill / Summer Wine / If You Lie Down With Me (Medley)

4. Boom Like That instrumental playing while she announces LDR9, prod. by Mike Dean and David Kahne

I genuinely had not been thoroughly impressed by the production of a Lana album since 'Honeymoon'. 'Blue Banisters' is honestly up there with 'Ultraviolence', 'Honeymoon' and 'Born To Die' for me. I'm in love:illumilana2: