Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

This album really doesn't have any skips. All the songs are wonderful and memorable for me. I can't say the same for COCC, where only a few stuck out to me- the title track, White Dress, Yosemite mostly.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

If you get the blues ~

~ baby blues ~
Just know this is your song
It'll live on and on way past me and you

tumblr_o4rgdsHuDW1vpkaido1_500.gifv

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I haven’t felt this way about a Lana album since Honeymoon. Lfl Was a disappointment for me since it was all over the place and felt sooooo long, I loveeeeee NFR and cock but it felt so different from the first three albums. They were great but a certain level of sparkle that ultra and honey had wasn’t really present throughout the whole album for me. Definitely some songs like Cali and the greatest and a bunch more but I wasnt into it as much as I wished.

But blue banisters, wow it’s really doing something to me. I can’t stop playing it. Her performance on it is so stellar, there’s no skips (except the trio since I just wanna hear Lana’s voice LOL)

Her voice is Center stage and the production is just enough. Songwriting is top notch and the subtleties of her pronunciation and cadence wowowowoowowowow

I really hope she sings more songs from this album if she tours again, dreaming with y’all 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Guys, I love Dealer so much, it may be one of my fave Lana songs ever :trisha: and that says it all cuz I generally don’t prefer features, I want exclusively her beautiful soft sultry incredible voice to pierce my ears, but in this case it’s just sooo good :oprah:

1 hour ago, Poor Stacy said:

This is hilariously condescending. Half of her albums aren’t even above 7/10 in your rankings. If half her output is that mediocre to you, frankly, l don’t consider YOU to be a true fan. A lot of us here genuinely do feel she’s putting out consistently great albums. Your experience with her music, your favorite songs - they don’t automatically apply to everyone else. 

Half of them I ranked 7/10 for sure. And the other half, well, I give 10/10s to really remarkable albums (like NFR was), and for me, Blue Banisters is a 6/10, and I don't need to explain that to you. Soz. But now that you mention it, I might have to give higher scores to a few of those as I didn't really give them a proper chance (like the debut album).

COCC wasn't a bad album but yeah BB doesn't have any ~true~ skips. I'm still not keen on WW but I can handle not liking one song out the ones I do like

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

after having a think on it, i really do think BB is a masterpiece. literally runs laps around some of her other records.

it's unbelievable that this record came from the same mind as LFL. to me they are complete opposites with LFL representing her most mainstream, formulaic work centered around industry standards and BB representing her tearing down those restrictive industry-imposed boundaries and exposing her most raw thought and emotions.

it's also so interesting how even between BB and COCC, you can hear such a difference in how her creative choices in production are loosened to mirror her authenticity and individuality. I remember her saying during the chemtrails era that she wanted Jack to really let go on the production end and ultimately "wanted more." On BB we see her finally being able to let go of convention and it's immaculate. revolutionary. 

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

23 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

I haven’t felt this way about a Lana album since Honeymoon. Lfl Was a disappointment for me since it was all over the place and felt sooooo long, I loveeeeee NFR and cock but it felt so different from the first three albums. They were great but a certain level of sparkle that ultra and honey had wasn’t really present throughout the whole album for me. Definitely some songs like Cali and the greatest and a bunch more but I wasnt into it as much as I wished.

But blue banisters, wow it’s really doing something to me. I can’t stop playing it. Her performance on it is so stellar, there’s no skips (except the trio since I just wanna hear Lana’s voice LOL)

Her voice is Center stage and the production is just enough. Songwriting is top notch and the subtleties of her pronunciation and cadence wowowowoowowowow

I really hope she sings more songs from this album if she tours again, dreaming with y’all 

i love the idea of calling albums shortnamed like ultra, honey

reminds me of how she refers to nfr as norman/normy/

we can forget about lust for life and OCKC

ultra, honey, norm, and banisters sidding pretty<3 

3 hours ago, Thunder said:

I think a lot of people missed the memo that Lust for Life was a gift for the fans and just a transition to where she's going now, which is deeper into a more personal and contemplative nature of writing music 

!!! THIS !!!

Heroin, Change, and Get Free were goodbyes to the previous era and hello to NFR, COTCC, and BB. 

I re-listened to the entirety of Lana’s discography before BB dropped and the story she’s telling is very cohesive. She’s having fun in BTD and Paradise, she gets dark in UV, she goes “deeper and deeper” in Honeymoon, she shifts dramatically in LFL, she lightens up and opens up in NFR!, she goes folk in COTCC, etc. All records lead to each other perfectly. 

This album is such a grower. I just like it more and more each day. Still think that it's a little too long for being so slow and we needed at least one more Dealer/BBS to balance it out.
So far my album rankings are:

1. NFR 100/100

2. U 95/100
3. P 90/100 (I will never understand why gays hate it. And each time I ask no1 is answering)

4. BTD 80/100 (highs are unmatched but as an album I can see it falling in few weeks)

5. BB 80/100 (coming for that 4th place)

6. H 75/100 (songs after Freak are just kinda there)
7. COCC 75/100
8. LFL 55/100 (have no idea how and why this album happened)

So technically looks like I'm a BTD twink.:flop:

51 minutes ago, alexandro said:

I’m so glad that I never listened to Living Legend because it’s one of my favorites from the album, I’m obsessed :angie:

That said, I wish I hadn’t overplayed Cherry Blossom because I would have been snatched if this was my first time listening to it. 

this, i'd never not listen to a leak (sorry lana) but i've listened to nectar, CB, and LL sooooo much before the record was even announced and i'm kinda bummed i didn't get the chance to know them as part of BB (maybe it'll still happen, but it'll months/years).

aOaIzH2.gif

‘Ever since I fell out of love with you I break dance to the back beat’ 

the image of Lana breakdancing :magikarp:now lives rent free in my head 

2 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i think in her livestream she called BB "blue"

that's really cute but she's destined to always be wrong about her own music so banisters it is