Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

15 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

This album is such a grower. I just like it more and more each day. Still think that it's a little too long for being so slow and we needed at least one more Dealer/BBS to balance it out.
So far my album rankings are:

1. NFR 100/100

2. U 95/100
3. P 90/100 (I will never understand why gays hate it. And each time I ask no1 is answering)

4. BTD 80/100 (highs are unmatched but as an album I can see it falling in few weeks)

5. BB 80/100 (coming for that 4th place)

6. H 75/100 (songs after Freak are just kinda there)
7. COCC 75/100
8. LFL 55/100 (have no idea how and why this album happened)

So technically looks like I'm a BTD twink.:flop:

You rated BTD fourth and paradise 3, how does that make you a BTD twink

Second, saying the songs after freak are just there is DISRESPECTFUL to Religion AND Blackest Day

2 minutes ago, War In My Mind said:

Second, saying the songs after freak are just there is DISRESPECTFUL to Religion AND Blackest Day

especially because freak sucks when freak like me demo exists

2 hours ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

i feel like you are hung up on the 25k opening numbers. Are they bad? Yes but you do realize they are so low because her physical sales are not counted in this week right? She would be debuting with 50-60k if they were. Which is still a significant drop from her previous 100k+ debuts, but not terrible.

Also, I feel like her label is very relaxed with this release. They haven’t even restocked the vinyls on her website. Lol

Subtract her physical sales from all her first sales of her past records, and blue banisters is still the lowest selling by a long shot, what now? Whats not clicking the sales are bad? No artist from a major label record like interscope should be selling 25k 

Is this sales/streaming argument still not over yet? It's been hours at this point :coffee: Get over it. Once again, listening to Lana (or any artist for that matter) should be about enjoying the music, not her sales record. If you want to complain about Lana's sales, then boo-fucking-hoo. What else is there to say about it anymore? 

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, Corona said:

What is all this fighting here oh my god

do y'all stan Lana because she's commercially successful? It's so clear that neither she or her team care a lot about chart placement, she's just giving us her beautiful music (TWO times this year). This is what matters, so I will never understand why some here care about her chart success more than her own team.

And to those who say that we, who enjoyed this new record, are not real fans - literally get a life. Whether the songs on BB are West Coast/Ride etc level is PURELY subjective and you really shouldn't care about the opinion of others. Let people enjoy things, this toxic behaviour reminds me of the hellhole that the Star Wars fandom is right now.

Absolutely don’t stan Lana for her chart placement, I would stan Lana for her mystique, her ability to create exotic unique cinematic music, she used to make music that sounded like a glamorous soundtrack to a film of her life, she was able to mix different genres and samples, that usually don't go together, into a song and album that surprisingly harmonizes well

the mystique is dead, she doesn’t even fully go by lana now and signs messages with her birth name, has been narrating the same tired diary entry songs, almost no editing, songs aren’t even properly mixed and differ between platforms, w the exception of a few songs on the new record its more of the same piano ballad that the people on this website tell themselves is her evolving as an artist when really she’s been doing almost the same thing for 3 records now, 2 at the keast 

I think some of the meltdowns in the previous pages have more to do with people realizing this is just Lana’s new sound. Jack wasn’t pushing this piano agenda, she wants piano. And while she is still definitely experimenting (dealer, bbs), she’s taken a turn out of the BTD and UV era, with a few homages sprinkled now and then. 

that Lana sound ain’t coming back and BB solidifies her decision to keep playing in the music sandbox of experimentation and complex, vulnerable writing.

1 minute ago, Taylor Secman said:

Absolutely don’t stan Lana for her chart placement, I would stan Lana for her mystique, her ability to create exotic unique cinematic music, she used to make music that sounded like a glamorous soundtrack to a film of her life, she was able to mix different genres and samples, that usually don't go together, into a song and album that surprisingly harmonizes well

the mystique is dead, she doesn’t even fully go by lana now and signs messages with her birth name, has been narrating the same tired diary entry songs, almost no editing, songs aren’t even properly mixed and differ between platforms,

then stop stanning and caring about her and just listen to the old work from her you find good :oprah3:

3 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

She keeps implying things about her karmic lineage & stuff like that, I wonder if she means her ancestors were like terrible or something   

In the livestream she said that she hopes no one will ever look up her family records because they would find horrible things so yeah it's fair to surmise there are some skeletons in the closet.

2 minutes ago, wildheart said:

I think some of the meltdowns in the previous pages have more to do with people realizing this is just Lana’s new sound. Jack wasn’t pushing this piano agenda, she wants piano. 

that Lana sound ain’t coming back and BB solidifies her decision to keep playing in the music sandbox of experimentation and complex, vulnerable writing.

Bingo.

3 minutes ago, Creyk said:

In the livestream she said that she hopes no one will ever look up her family records because they would find horrible things so yeah it's fair to surmise there are some skeletons in the closet.

That's exactly what not to say when you don't want people looking shit up about your family :eartha2:

9 minutes ago, wildheart said:

I think some of the meltdowns in the previous pages have more to do with people realizing this is just Lana’s new sound. Jack wasn’t pushing this piano agenda, she wants piano. And while she is still definitely experimenting (dealer, bbs), she’s taken a turn out of the BTD and UV era, with a few homages sprinkled now and then. 

I disagree that she is experimenting, and the songs are not complex, her writing is very much simple and more autobiographical like literally a diary entry and direct inner monologue, she’s definitely going for the less is more route which is like fine, she wants a simple life and these are simple songs about the her every day life, nothing more

this isn’t like experimentation I think she’s just settled into her new sound and this is it, its where she’s comfortable at as an artist, i don’t see her experimenting with new sounds and her last 3 records show that she isnt going to really experiment, we’re going to be seeing more piano 

i’m trying to discipline myself to not listen to BB until i’ve heard all her albums in chronological order for the hundredth time so i can rank BB fairly but the urge to listen to BB is so strong it’s like a craving ?!!!! the way the songs just pop into my head. masterpiece. this woman is a goddess. top of her craft. 

:krylie::icant:

27 minutes ago, Taylor Secman said:

Subtract her physical sales from all her first sales of her past records, and blue banisters is still the lowest selling by a long shot, what now? Whats not clicking the sales are bad? No artist from a major label record like interscope should be selling 25k 

And...? What does that prove? This album sounds like shit or something?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, Nectar said:

Looks like projections are up a little. Top 10 isn’t bad at all. Maybe it can still increase if her team pushes Dealer more. Her team sucks for messing up the physicals. 

089-AEB42-5-A0-A-4646-9-A61-F23-ACA337-F

it could've went second if the physicals counted

1 minute ago, Taylor Secman said:

I disagree that she is experimenting, and the songs are not complex, her writing is very much simple and more autobiographical like literally a diary entry and direct inner monologue, she’s definitely going for the less is more route which is like fine

this isn’t like experimentation I think she’s just settled into her new sound and this is it, its where she’s comfortable at as an artist

I think regardless if you find her writing compelling now or the BTD era, this is a huge level of vulnerability she is exploring with BB.

You go from saying “I got a taste in men much older” in Paradise to “I guess you can call it text book, I was looking for the father I wanted back” in BB. From “my mother’s glamour” in UV to “my father would never step in when his wife would rage at me” and “I’m not friends with my mother” in BB.

you might really find her dreamy musical landscape/persona from BTD/Paradise/UV more compelling but that’s all they were. Dreamy. They’re no less beautiful or complex, but they weren’t entirely real. Lana’s getting more raw and open in every record, and that is growth and not at all comfort imho. 

15 minutes ago, Taylor Secman said:

I disagree that she is experimenting, and the songs are not complex, her writing is very much simple and more autobiographical like literally a diary entry and direct inner monologue, she’s definitely going for the less is more route which is like fine, she wants a simple life and these are simple songs about the her every day life, nothing more

this isn’t like experimentation I think she’s just settled into her new sound and this is it, its where she’s comfortable at as an artist, i don’t see her experimenting with new sounds and her last 3 records show that she isnt going to really experiment, we’re going to be seeing more piano 

Since when does complex song means quality music?

New flash: The last 3 records sounds really different in concept, sonically. I don't know why you have to say they sound the same. And can we stop complaining about piano ballads as if we never had any in Born to Die / Ultra / HM / L4L era?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing