Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

someone spam him to upload his reaction already

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

12 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Comfortably numb, but with lithium came poetry

Obsessed with Wildflower Wildfire lately :oprah3:

This makes me think of the Nirvana song Lithium, which is right in line with the themes of WW, and as it follows the name of another legendary song, could this be a double-entendre? 

With Pink Floyd and Nirvana came poetry. Or when I added some Nirvana to my Pink Floyd.

Imagining the young woman in hospitals, listening to Nirvana on her ipod and finding poetry as a way out :dua: 

I wonder what Jane thinks about Lana now and the song that she wrote for her making a studio album after all of these years

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Another 4.5/5 review. 

https://www.dailycal.org/2021/10/26/lana-del-reys-blue-banisters-is-lyrical-heaven-her-best-work-to-date/?presentation=mobile

While Blue Banisters is a definitively long listen (one hour and two minutes to be exact), it by no means feels in need of editing or trimming down. Each individual song on the record has its own purpose, and Del Rey’s vocal and lyrical abilities shine throughout the album’s entirety. Entering a new era of Lana — one of minimal production, near-unaltered vocals and entrancing songwriting galore — the LP is Del Rey’s best work yet and is certainly worth being thrown on repeat for months, even years to come.

:pussypower:

By the way, thanks for the shoes

shawn-mendes.gif

Your interest really made stacks 

shawn-mendes.gif

shawn-mendes.gif 

Your interest really made stacks out of it 

shawn-mendes.gif

Spoiler

Your interest really made stacks out of it for me 

shawn-mendes.gif 

Spoiler

So, thanks for that

shawn-mendes.gif

Spoiler

Your interest really made stacks out of it for me shawn-mendes.gif

Spoiler

So, thanks for that

shawn-mendes.gif

Spoiler

shawn-mendes.gif

Spoiler

So thanks for that 

shawn-mendes.gif

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

By the way, thanks for the shoes

shawn-mendes.gif

shawn-mendes.gif

shawn-mendes.gif 

Your interest really made stacks out of it 

shawn-mendes.gif

Reveal hidden contents

shawn-mendes.gif 

Hide contents

So, thanks for that

shawn-mendes.gif

Hide contents

Your interest really made stacks out of it for me shawn-mendes.gif

Hide contents

So, thanks for that

shawn-mendes.gif

Hide contents

shawn-mendes.gif

Hide contents

So thanks for that 

shawn-mendes.gif

mail me when you get the blues shawn-mendes.gif

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

I feel like i'm in the minority who loves the production choice in WFWF. It elevates the song completely and fits the title and thematic elements of the track 

It grew on me for sure. When I first heard it, I was like ".......Stop playin."

21 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

fantano's bb review is coming tonight

already irritated by this. 5 or 6 guaranteed. 

i'm not ready for anthony fantano dragging the previously unreleased songs we all knew & loved, cherry, nectar, living legend, & thunder... :ohno:

this is 1 reason why i wouldn't want aka to be released, i don't feel like people would understand it and i would hate to see reviewers & critics hate on it or act as if it's just a plain old album with a bunch of "cheap" & "incohesive" songs 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm not ready for anthony fantano dragging the previously unreleased songs we all knew & loved, cherry, nectar, living legend, & thunder... :ohno:

this is 1 reason why i wouldn't want aka to be released, i don't feel like people would understand it and i would hate to see reviewers & critics hate on it or act as if it's just a plain old album with a bunch of "cheap" & "incohesive" songs 

People would tear AKA apart if it got re-released 100%. Especially songs like QOTGS, Brite Lites, PMIAM and Smarty. The only tracks I can see the GP liking are Pawn Shop Blues and Kill Kill. I would say Yayo, but I've seen Lana get shit for that song in the past about it being too "submissive". But anyways, in terms of Blue Banisters, I have noticed that there's such a different between people who already knew the songs listening to the unreleased tracks on the album and the people who didn't. I mean, obviously there would be, but that difference is a lot more obvious than I had expected. 

imageproxy.jpg

I think this is my final ranking (after like 50 changes :D

1.   Living Legend

2.   Black Bathing Suit

3.   If you Lie Down with Me

4.   Thunder

5.   Wildflower Wildfire

6.   Cherry Blossom

7.   Dealer

8.   Sweet Carolina

9.   Nectar of the Gods

10. Text Book

11. Arcadia

12. Blue Banisters

13. Violets for Roses

14. Beautiful

4 hours ago, Taylor Secman said:

She’s written about things that aren’t entirely real in the past but she’s actually still writing about things that aren’t entirely real now too. Throughout her songwriting she’s always used her lyrics as a method of manifestation for things she wants in her life, when she was living in a trailer park she’d write about living in the glamorous part of hollywood and diamonds, getting fame noteriety and rivera’s etc, and these were often fantastical ideals that made the music to me at least very interesting. They became true for her when they manifested themselves eventually with the weird way the universe works or whatever she’s been able to get the things she writes about, almost prophetic

k6d6gdhyhul11.jpg

now she’s still trying to manifest a simple life, “give me children take away my pain”, “i’ve got a kid and two cats in the yard”, “A simple life, I chose this”, these things may not have manifested yet but she’s still writing about things that aren’t entirely real in an attempt to like bring them into her life but there really is not much interesting about the imagery she’s associated her songwriting with currently it isn’t fantastical or as you said dreamy, theres nothing too exciting about a simple life with a child and being in the backyard but it is what she thinks will give her happiness 

There’s nothing too exciting about a simple life with a child in a backyard and yet here you are in a fansite of hers. Do you enjoy being a contrarian just for the sake of being? How can you even fathom the idea that the songs in these past 3 records aren’t complex just because it doesn’t suit your Lolita fantasies? How can you say she’s not experimenting with her sound when you have TB, Dealer and BBS as prime examples of an experimentation within her own sound? At this point you’re just babbling things that make virtually no sense. Just say you’re not as interested in the themes she’s exploring and move on?

IMG-7960.jpg

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

fantano's bb review is coming tonight

the way i've been fearing this review. i just know he's going to destroy her for comparing herself to Picasso and percussion clusterfuckery on BBS

he said IYLDWM was "just ok" so idk. he does not historically have the most nuanced appreciation for her music

2 hours ago, blackestday89 said:

i trust mike. he will turn the next album into a dark trap summer night's dream. it's going to explode and she's going to freak out. she has already let out the mess on dealer and bbs.

i kind of think lana just told him to do something weird on WW and he was like uhh ok ill add some cruncy drums. 

same energy as when she told jack to really go wild with them chemtrails production and he just like added audio errors and a little subtle autotune lol

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

42 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

People would tear AKA apart if it got re-released 100%. Especially songs like QOTGS, Brite Lites, PMIAM and Smarty

tbh if ANYONE else put out PMIAM they would be hailed as brave and revolutionary bc its so obv satire ab past trauma but bc its her, ya she would get torn to shreds. ppl never gave her the benefit of the doubt when she wrote "provocative" lyrics which is so sad bc a lot of the things she's been criticized for sharing obviously come from a place of past suffering and pain.

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da