Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

4 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

It’s actually mind-boggling to me how no critic has even bothered to look into the layers and layers of the lyrics. Like, I have read the reviews, and even in the positive ones (which I am not complaining about at all) each journalist offers such a shallow, surface level interpretation of the lyrics, with some critics making a laughing stock out of her. And when someone backhandedly  and condescendingly mentions, “oh! This is Lana Del Rey telling her story,” it’s funny that they — someone with the privilege and esteemed-intellect worthy of a platform to write critically about music — still cannot get it. Somehow, Lana’s unrelated “controversies” can be woven into reviews, but context clues she’s littered graciously about the album to help piece its hidden narrative together are nowhere to be found. Tragic! 

Omg I read a review a few days ago and that journalist wrote something like "...in one song Lana sings 'I can turn blue into something' " and then proceeded to make up theories about what that 'something' could be and I thought- are u kidding, that's not even the full lyric?! Like, the word beautiful is PART of that sentence?! What the hell, they don't even listen properly. It wasn't a negative review but still so stupid.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

4 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Melonhead said it himself… he doesn’t really jive with Lana’s music. We shouldn’t hold him to liking the (fan service) album of an artist he doesn’t like

3 hours ago, Gothicula said:

i just don’t think fantano as a fat and ugly straight man is really the demographic for lana.. he’s never gonna get that feeling of sexyness and the vibe in general while listening to her music JUST GIVE UP

this. i understand it’s his opinion, but he’s a straight dude in his like 40s … his core audience is reddit incles who can’t form their own opinion so they go to him for validation of the quality of their own taste and that alone inflates his ego. he doesn’t even know how to enjoy music cause he’s focusing on every detail of a song.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 hours ago, longtimeman said:

I'm glad Lana's left Fantano behind. Having him like her was always something of a 'turd in the chocolate box' (as a friend of mine used to put it), so good riddance. Forget about just the score he gave Ultraviolence, watch the actual video. It's one of the most moronic ten minutes ever. You can't accuse him of being a misogynist, but he is an idiot - this is a guy who (rightly) loves Lingua Ignota, who is experimental, but can't deal with someone he's put in a different box trying to go out of it. Even when, if you look over all of Lana's career, she's constantly changed what she's done.

See im not sure his problem was with jer experimenting, but that the quality and execution wasnt good enough for him. a valid take, one i happen to disagree with, but it seems like people are putting words in his mouth sometimes. at least with this specific review.

3 hours ago, longtimeman said:

I'm glad Lana's left Fantano behind. Having him like her was always something of a 'turd in the chocolate box' (as a friend of mine used to put it), so good riddance. Forget about just the score he gave Ultraviolence, watch the actual video. It's one of the most moronic ten minutes ever. You can't accuse him of being a misogynist, but he is an idiot - this is a guy who (rightly) loves Lingua Ignota, who is experimental, but can't deal with someone he's put in a different box trying to go out of it. Even when, if you look over all of Lana's career, she's constantly changed what she's done.

:oprah2:

I find it interesting how a lot of fans praised the absolute shit out of Text Book, Blue Banisters, and Arcadia, yet they’re ranked towards the bottom of this poll. Either everyone was completely blown away by all the new songs on the album, or a very loud minority was kissing ass about those songs. :flutter:

Makes me feel a whole lot better because I couldn’t understand why I wasn’t hearing what everyone else was hearing when I saw praise after praise for the songs. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I think the album would have been more cohesive sonically if WW was placed after Arcadia since WW has crisp sound effects at the end and the Trio has bass effects that would be coherent with that crisp sound, plus Arcadia and WW are slow songs either.

and I think WW losts its magic when i play the album in order since it's between Thunder and NoTG, little bit more moving songs than WW. I was listening WW more excited before the album release than I am now.

10 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I find it interesting how a lot of fans praised the absolute shit out of Text Book, Blue Banisters, and Arcadia, yet they’re ranked towards the bottom of this poll. Either everyone was completely blown away by all the new songs on the album, or a very loud minority was kissing ass about those songs. :flutter:

Makes me feel a whole lot better because I couldn’t understand why I wasn’t hearing what everyone else was hearing when I saw praise after praise for the songs. 

Naaah, it’s simply the old/new effect. I fucking love the four singles (all of them), but these days I’m not streaming them like I used to do before, just because now we do have brand NEW songs catching our attention! This also influences the poll, in a way or another (that’s why I haven’t voted yet lol). It’s just that, and it kinda happens every time :hooker:

5 hours ago, Gothicula said:

i just don’t think fantano as a fat and ugly straight man is really the demographic for lana.. he’s never gonna get that feeling of sexyness and the vibe in general while listening to her music JUST GIVE UP

don't @ me.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png