Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

18 minutes ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

Please take your toxicity to a different site, perhaps twitter.  You’ve insulted multiple users but sure you aren’t here to argue….

This exhausting discourse aside, the album is great on the 20th listen. I dont care very much for Beautiful or VFR. That’s not to say they’re bad but I think the rest of the album is much better/ intery

Simply untrue, I only insulted the rat who body shamed Lana which deserves to be dragged. But if anyone I have "insulted" would like to come forward at this moment I'd be happy to apologize (except to the rat). If you're going to make up things at the very least, make them believable - I've never even gotten into an argument on here because (in my time here) even when people disagree, they're still pleasant. 

Yes I agree Beautiful is not as strong as the rest

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

1 hour ago, DCooper said:

Omg the amount of reviews I've seen mention pandemic weight gain in Black Bathing Suit and then move on to a different track blows my mind. This is like the track that they should be analyzing deeply considering it's a full drag of them, but instead they're just like wow Lana is so relatable singing about clothing sizes. :um2:

people are supposed to be analyzing her work and are focusing on her appareance and particularly in her weight gain, so gross and definitely misogynistic :pls: 

especially since it literally seems to be in the nature of "she's so relatable singing about pandemic weight gain". I'm sure - even though this may be insensitive to speculate - that if she truly is on lithium or some other medication, like antipsychotics or antidepressants, they are the main cause for the changes in her appareance. and not that it even matters, but she honestly has made very clear that she's not interested following the glamourous lifestyle or impossible beauty standards set by the industry, but is focused in living the simple, carefree life and manifesting serenity.

for me, Black Bathing Suit seems to be a way of Lana saying that if she gains weight it doesn't matter, and it can be interpreted as a sign that it's to her, a side effect of happiness in a way. I have a long history of unhealthy eating and body dysmorphia, this is one of the reasons I love the song so much :wowcry: 

IMO, if people want to discuss the changes in her apparance that she herself addresses in Black Bathing Suit for example, they really should be paying attention to how it can also be an allegory for Lana realizing that she really doesn't care about anything but finding inner peace and happiness. 

Edited by lover
sorry for ranting

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

the transition from Thunder to Wildflower Wildfire is interesting. "If you're on fire, if you're on fire you should just keep burning" turns into "I learn not to turn into a wildfire" and "I promise nothing will burn you" and "like the others baby, burns, burns, burns"

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

36 minutes ago, alittleparty said:

Counterpoint: the album release is a moment of global celebration for fans and a listening party is a magical way to appreciate the music with friends old and new

30 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I bought the album for my mom, I hope she likes it :trisha:

Both of you are special and I am going to protect you at all cost :wowcry::smile2::willcut:

Just now, wildflowerwildfire said:

anthony fantano gave blue banisters 5/10

is he tone deaf? 

he just literally always misses the point of her music. like since day one it's so funny. his whole review is like "it's so unhinged it's terrible!" like babe thats THE WHOLE...THING

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

3 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

anthony fantano gave blue banisters 5/10

is he tone deaf? 

He’s a misogynist so I’m not surprised, rumour has it if you knock him on the head it echos because his brain is walnut sized.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Lana’s team and label must be worried to organise a listening party, like they probably didn’t expect it to debut outside the top 10. I know Lana doesn’t give a fuck, but her label will they are a business. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, meth daytona said:

:wowcry: me after seeing toxic youths use the tommy emote (:tommy:) in vain / sarcastically / not purposed for the greater good [of the whole world] :wowcry:

if this is about me I assure you I respect and love Tommy truly forgive me if I’ve demonstrated anything other than appreciation for Tommy :tommy:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Okay I was a bit slow on the uptake but holy shit “Beautiful” is an album highlight. Or maybe I’m just a sucker for any mention of the deep blues and wolves?

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift