Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

i don't just love how 'if you lie down with me' has that retro jazzy instrumental outro but i love how the whole song sounds like it could be right from a 30s movie like the lyrics, the melody, the music, how she sings it, everything. like i can almost imagine alice faye or ginger rogers performing it in a movie then the instrumental at the end would like the tap dancing part at the end of the number. 

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

2 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

"if hello just means goodbye" :judgingu3:

yeah I saw that on AM and was like :creep: wat. I thought maybe I was just dumb 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

8 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

this is random but i always thought it was "if our love just means goodbye that baby better walk away" lol and i just learned i was wrong on streaming party lmao

Lmao I always thought it was "if it all just means goodbye"

1 minute ago, scarlettohara said:

the title track really makes me cry more than any other song on the album :crying4:

***but arcadia, beautiful, living legend, cherry blossom, & sweet carolina are big tear-jerkers too (but i have in fact cried to every song on this album at least once, even the interlude lol)

me crying to the "and now my blue banisters are greeeeen and graaaaay" line for the 352th time :wowcry:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I didn't like If You Lie Down With Me at the first listening except for the beautiful outro.

The chorus reminded me a lot of sweet Lizzy.

Now I realized I actually didn't like it because I'm trying to forget about someone I fell for and the song hits right THERE.

AND NOW I CAN'T LISTEN TO THE F*CKING SONG WITHOUT CRYING. LIKE HOW SAD AND SWEET IS THE STUPID SONG.

Thanks Lana. I'm purging really hard with this album.

In 9 years she NEVER made me cry this much. Ever

tumblr_pdttwcdZss1v75vie_500.png

7 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

the title track really makes me cry more than any other song on the album :crying4:

***but arcadia, beautiful, living legend, cherry blossom, & sweet carolina are big tear-jerkers too (but i have in fact cried to every song on this album at least once, even the interlude lol)

Me too, BB is her most underrated title track

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

2 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

i can still never sing along through that line, i always get so choked up :crying5:

ikr it's just so... UGH :crying5:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, Taylor Secman said:

Polydor and her team are so embarrassing for having a streaming party, they’re clearly desperate to raise these streaming numbers (despite  everyone in this thread claiming no one cares about streaming numbers)

this is some justin bieber begging ppl for streams on instagram type mess 

just leave pls

Spoiler

:tanisha:

Obviously I love the album overall and the new tracks but I just can’t get enough of Blue Banisters (title track) :trisha:

I can’t possibly rank them, but it’s top three amongst the title tracks for me (with COCC and NFR).

zXzLCRU.png

I played BB along with my fave albums ( UV & HM) and it still sounded so good :wowcry:

Definetly one of my favourites for sure,  if not my favourite album tied with Honeymoon :oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: