Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I think Violets For Roses deserves more praise & appreciation :oprah3:

The melody, the production,  her harmonies, the lyrics :oprah: such a stunning song :wowcry: 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

16 hours ago, lustforlife said:

Fantano is a incel that likes rap music and hates woman... Why r u surprised

how are people still going w this... Charli XCX, Joanna Newsom, PJ Harvey and more are some of his most loved albums, he LOVED NFR, is right into hyperpop/hot girl rap genre etc and this year gave out two 10/10s for the first and second time since 2018 to Spellling and Lingua Ignota.

I think his criticisms are fair and it's not very controversial at all to say this sounds quite slapped together because it literally is quite close to an unreleased compilation. How ironic that people bemoan his dickriding fanbase (which to be fair is definitely real) but refuse to acknowledge his criticisms of Lana 

nice cocc bro

17 minutes ago, lil aerosol said:

how are people still going w this... Charli XCX, Joanna Newsom, PJ Harvey and more are some of his most loved albums, he LOVED NFR, is right into hyperpop/hot girl rap genre etc and this year gave out two 10/10s for the first and second time since 2018 to Spellling and Lingua Ignota.

I think his criticisms are fair and it's not very controversial at all to say this sounds quite slapped together because it literally is quite close to an unreleased compilation. How ironic that people bemoan his dickriding fanbase (which to be fair is definitely real) but refuse to acknowledge his criticisms of Lana 

Ok fantano :sadcore:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Just now, CmonDownToFL said:

The way there’s songs on this album I purposely do not play because they’re so beautiful they make me incredibly emotional :trisha:

Hide contents

I still get the streams in don’t worry 

Something similar is happening to me regarding the record. Like, I listened to it a handful of times and got totally haunted by it. Such an amazing, complex, powerful album. But I feel it's actually too heavy on all levels to listen to it frequently. Not something I can just play casually without having to do a certain emotional/cognitive effort while at it. But that's actually what makes it so special as well. As a big, old book to go back to from time to time to reflect on it. The most substantious, relevant project Lana has given us till today (and thats a lot to say).

35 minutes ago, lil aerosol said:

Him liking a few albums from female artists doesn’t mean anything. His whole reaction to the Fetch the Bolt Cutters situation was really gross. I’m sure he does have some valid criticisms but don’t see why anyone would go that hard defending him. 

1 hour ago, CmonDownToFL said:

The way there’s songs on this album I purposely do not play because they’re so beautiful they make me incredibly emotional :trisha:

Reveal hidden contents

I still get the streams in don’t worry 

Yeah, this album makes me so emotional too :wowcry: 

So I stream in volume 0 when feeling emotional and volume 100 when feeling emotional too so :deadbanana:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

46 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Something similar is happening to me regarding the record. Like, I listened to it a handful of times and got totally haunted by it. Such an amazing, complex, powerful album. But I feel it's actually too heavy on all levels to listen to it frequently. Not something I can just play casually without having to do a certain emotional/cognitive effort while at it. But that's actually what makes it so special as well. As a big, old book to go back to from time to time to reflect on it. The most substantious, relevant project Lana has given us till today (and thats a lot to say).

me a double water sign listening to blue banisters 6 times a day 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

faSE.gif

My updated list after a couple of days and many listens: 

1. Text book
  2. BBS
  3. Dealer
  4. Thunder
  5. WW
  6. IYLDWM 
  7. Nectar of the Gods
  8. Living Legend
  9. Blue Banisters 
  10. Violets for Roses
  11. Sweet Carolina
  12. Arcadia
  13. Beautiful 
  14. Cherry Blossom
  15. Trio 

(hot take: I feel VFR, Beautiful and Cherry Blossom could have been album highlights under Jack’s production. The lyrics are there but the melody and production aren’t that interesting. They give me WAH and NATWAL energy.)