Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

4 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I don’t get all the love for Thunder. It’s not bad, but totally forgettable for me. I feel like 70% of the song is just “just do it, don’t wait.”

It's bc it's a classic rock song similar to The Greatest like it has that Queen, og Elton John quality, the melody and chords are very that (I think it's one of her best songs ever especially the new strings version)

26 minutes ago, honey dew said:

It's bc it's a classic rock song similar to The Greatest like it has that Queen, og Elton John quality, the melody and chords are very that (I think it's one of her best songs ever especially the new strings version)

:whoopi:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 hour ago, wildheart said:

Since we’re speaking about the motherhood themes in BB, I want to bring up the books Lana posted on her Instagram circa 2019 (nfr! era). The images were Women Who Run with the Wolves and Untie the Strong Woman by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. It’s curious that Women Who Run with The Wolves would become one of the central themes of COTCC, with the video for the title track clearly referencing it. And Untie the Strong Woman, a book about motherhood and the mother archetype would come to play in BB.

I personally recommend both books extensively, but god HER MIND:thankyou:

Omg, but your mind toooooo! Thank you SM for dropping these titles! 

I love interpretations made about the track placements. I also want to take my turn to interpret last 5 songs

Wildflower Wildfire - The title and the concept of the song itself is duality. Lana who she is today makes a promise and says that she wants to be a wildflower rather than a wildfire. And she explains the reasoning by going back to where all begins. How Lana ended up in hospital because of her wildfire mum. And she also explains how her poetry started by using lithium.

Nectar of the Gods - You can see the duality in the verses here too. She talks about how cruel the world is and then how sweet the world is; the chorus says how the color blue is fucking crazy and wild like you never knew. Because for the most people, blue is calm and tranqualizing. I believe nectar of the gods refer to drugs. So in this song, she is explaining how she started doing drugs to try to heal hearself. The theme of the song is being lost and she seems lost. She is trying to find her way.

Living Legend - She finally finds her way. She finds a mentor who inspires her and takes her hand to get out of the duality. You can see in the bridge how tired she is from living on the edge right between Heaven and Hell and how her living legend sends her right to the Heaven with the things she taught to her.

Cherry Blossom - The circle of life makes her the mentor she was talking about in the previous song. She is now mentoring another lost girl (or her past lost self) as there's so much to learn and so much to see. She shows her the way to Heaven and pushes her high, cherry blossom on her sycamore tree. The world is cruel but Lana doesn't care anymore because she learned the way.

Sweet Caroline - It's a song wraps up the whole story from her mother being so destructive to her sister having a baby. She makes the promise that she'll always be there for her sister. She shows her caring side she obtained and learned along her story.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

6 minutes ago, Thoth said:

I love interpretations made about the track placements. I also want to take my turn to interpret last 5 songs

Wildflower Wildfire - The title and the concept of the song itself is duality. Lana who she is today makes a promise and says that she wants to be a wildflower rather than a wildfire. And she explains the reasoning by going back to where all begins. How Lana ended up in hospital because of her wildfire mum. And she also explains how her poetry started by using lithium.

Nectar of the Gods - You can see the duality in the verses here too. She talks about how cruel the world is and then how sweet the world is; the chorus says how the color blue is fucking crazy and wild like you never knew. Because for the most people, blue is calm and tranqualizing. I believe nectar of the gods refer to drugs. So in this song, she is explaining how she started doing drugs to try to heal hearself. The theme of the song is being lost and she seems lost. She is trying to find her way.

Living Legend - She finally finds her way. She finds a mentor who inspires her and takes her hand to get out of the duality. You can see in the bridge how tired she is from living on the edge right between Heaven and Hell and how her living legend sends her right to the Heaven with the things she taught to her.

Cherry Blossom - The circle of life makes her the mentor she was talking about in the previous song. She is now mentoring another lost girl (or her past lost self) as there's so much to learn and so much to see. She shows her the way to Heaven and pushes her high, cherry blossom on her sycamore tree. The world is cruel but Lana doesn't care anymore because she learned the way.

Sweet Caroline - It's a song wraps up the whole story from her mother being so destructive to her sister having a baby. She makes the promise that she'll always be there for her sister. She shows her caring side she obtained and learned along her story.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8aFND4t/

I came across this old "coverage" article on Lana. Some quotes from it (separated by color):

As she speaks, Lana Del Rey proceeds in putting bubbles onto her cats and scooping bubbly-soap on to them as she mildly bathes them in her bath water. It gets weirder.
Sitting in her tub in a fancy dress while forcing her two cats to endure the water and the bubbles she keeps tapping onto their heads makes us realize without a doubt that Lana Del Rey has officially become the latest crazy cat lady.

If this is Lana Del Rey's idea of parenting, perhaps it's good that she's trying out this technique with cats and not actual children, because it definitely seems eerie and weird.

Then she proceeds to hold up her cats, which strangely seem to be behaving well through this taping as they sit calmly through this entire ordeal.

The names of her now-famous cats are Niko and Topanga, and fans are a bit worried about their well-being.

So tbh :creep: Who cares what the media says about BB cause lmfao :oprah: in general

bby girl can't even 8d53643c702d5467acb86e115a90d9c51d84795d in peace

2 hours ago, honey dew said:

Oh my fuckeen God I knew she was up to something. A kali uchis anderson paak neighbourhood weeknd collab lust for life 2.0 takedown of cancel culture ass America? White French tip stripper nails? Bitch????? Hello????????? This is why Lana hasnt moved to middle America yet bc she had to yass again

Love everything about this post.

The way Lana is gonna put her whole puss into LDR9 whew!

megan-thee-stallion-wap.gif

IMG-7960.jpg

On 10/26/2021 at 6:09 PM, Whore of Tropico said:

The truth is: Born to Die is no doubt a great album, but from Ultraviolence onward, I doubt that there's anything worse than  Born to Die. 

Not when L*** F** L*** exists. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Soooo if Lana tours again somewhere in the future, which songs of BB will make it to the setlist in your opinion?

She did Arcadia on TV, so I could see her adding it to the show. Maybe as a medley with LMLYLAW :toofunny:

Apart form thatI only see Living Legend happening tbh. I think that this could become one of her most performed songs tbh

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

15 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Soooo if Lana tours again somewhere in the future, which songs of BB will make it to the setlist in your opinion?

She did Arcadia on TV, so I could see her adding it to the show. Maybe as a medley with LMLYLAW :toofunny:

Apart form thatI only see Living Legend happening tbh. I think that this could become one of her most performed songs tbh

Arcadia, Blue Banisters, Thunder and maybe Text Book? 

I would love if she played more, but she'd obviously just sing the same old ass setlist she always does

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: