Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

17 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

It's the demo

the way its a demo

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

- is Angelina an unborn child she had in the past? (The song becomes spookily interesting if you listen to it like the kid is a ghost) :assad:

There's a nice explanation on genius.com

This is one of the potential names Del Rey wants for her future daughter. The other one is Clementine, as she has mentioned in Dance Til We Die. Given that the last song is recent and that Cherry Blossom was written somewhere in 2010, it is most likely that the name “Angelina” was a choice of the past.

It could also be a pseudonym for Lana herself, as the song can be interpreted as being sung on the perspective of the mother Lana never had.

From this perspective, the song is even sadder. :crai:

2 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

If You Lie Down With Me is so 70s lounge-chic (and then launches into a 30s saloon moment with that brassy postlude). I think it’s one of my absolute favourites. That song, Text Book, and Nectar of the Gods, in my opinion, carry the most apparent western influences that make me think in the vein of Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood’s original recordings together. There’s just something so hazy and glamorous, but thoughtful about those three tracks. The richness and warmth of Lana’s vocals when she first says, “put your red boots on..” :wowcry:

she needs to do another video where she plays the part of a old school lounge singer (like Burning Desire, but better) bc gag

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

42 minutes ago, your dealer said:

can we pls have like a zoom party where we all smoke weed and stream the album :trisha:

The way cherry blossom comforts me so much when I’m stoned, the way the piano and her voice comes in in BBS sends me to heaven

I’m ready to say hey on zoom and cry and dance with y’all

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

1 hour ago, your dealer said:

can we pls have like a zoom party where we all smoke weed and stream the album :trisha:

I DONT HAVE WEED OR ANY SORT OF ECSTACY to get high on the album . CAN U SEND ME???? 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

If You Lie Down With Me is so 70s lounge-chic (and then launches into a 30s saloon moment with that brassy postlude). I think it’s one of my absolute favourites. That song, Text Book, and Nectar of the Gods, in my opinion, carry the most apparent western influences that make me think in the vein of Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood’s original recordings together. There’s just something so hazy and glamorous, but thoughtful about those three tracks. The richness and warmth of Lana’s vocals when she first says, “put your red boots on..” :wowcry:

richness and warmth is a great way to describe all the UV-era songs on the record– NOTG in particular has this atmospheric warmth that makes the song feel so much more richly produced than it is– wondering if there's something about the production of these songs that produces that effect, or if its the specific intonations and tone of her vocals during that time, or something else entirely. one thing that's really consistent on all the tracks, old and new, is that lana is super emotionally present in her vocals, which lends to some of the warmth-creating intimacy.

have had CB on repeat in my head for the past 24 hours and damn...i really feel for people who can't get into this one because it goes so fucking hard. totally makes me understand why she didn't want to record older songs– the performances she captured are so stellar.

aOaIzH2.gif