Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

My issue with Fantano is that he likes to pretend that he doesn't have an obvious bias against Lana. When she first got big, he full on said that he thinks she's only famous because of the way she looks. I could give less of a shit about what he thinks of the music but that just really bugs me that he said that. 

But anyways, it rained where I'm at all day, so I went for a drive through the autumn leaves and the rain while listening to the album. It was stunning. Lana picked the perfect release date for BB. I can't imagine it being released during any other season. 

imageproxy.jpg

Anyways, this is my daily post about how magnificent this record truly is. Can't stop thinking about the line in Arcadia, "They built me up three hundred feet tall just to tear me down / So I'm leavin' with nothing but laughter, and this town / Arcadia / Findin' my way to ya / I'm leavin' them as I was, five foot eight / Western bound." It's a manifesto from an artist who has nothing left to prove and will continue exploring soundscapes and creating their life's work through music. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

33 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Wait, so she isn't singing "MAGA Rallies" in Violet for Roses' second verse? What are Merthyr alleys?  :scoff::air:

i've been trying to figure this out and i truly have no idea. that's what apple music says but literally every lyrics website says something different:

I've also seen Merthys, madder, and murder on other websites ?????? so like what's the truth? 

faSE.gif

How would YOU feel if someone made you trade your violets for roses? :uh:

What if someone tried to take all the pink of YOUR toeses???? :oprah3:

WHAT would you do if someone made you trade your brand new 2021truck for Rollses? :true:

Those are the important questions Elizabeth leaves us with. 

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

I'm honestly having a bad day. Today is the 4th year without my older brother. I was feeling bad to being with then some girl on facebook, that I barely know called me an abomination and Im gonna go to hell cause I'm gay and a drag queen. Then I found out my little brother is having a kid. Hes way to young, hes just a teenager. I'm just going through alot of emotions right now but B.B. is helping me calm down. Like Beautiful. Let me be sad/blue to make something beautiful with my art/ life. I'm happy Lana can do the same with her music and make something amazing for us to enjoy and help us in our lifes. 

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

Wait, so she isn't singing "MAGA Rallies" in Violet for Roses' second verse? What are Merthyr alleys?  :scoff::air:

26 minutes ago, your dealer said:

i've been trying to figure this out and i truly have no idea. that's what apple music says but literally every lyrics website says something different:

I've also seen Merthys, madder, and murder on other websites ?????? so like what's the truth? 

She’s saying Mayor!

”and by the mayor, the rallies in the streets have ceased and still the shadows haunt the avenue”

She mentions Larchmont in the song, which is a neighborhood in LA near where the mayor mansion is. I think it also relates to this line in her poem:

“Hancock Park, it's treated me very badly, I'm resentful
The witch on the corner, the neighbor nobody wanted
The reason for Garcetti's extra security“

because Hancock park is very close to it and Garcetti is the mayor, I think she either must have written the two around the same time or live there or something? Who knows :rip: 

20 minutes ago, Alunadelrey said:

I'm honestly having a bad day. Today is the 4th year without my older brother. I was feeling bad to being with then some girl on facebook, that I barely know called me an abomination and Im gonna go to hell cause I'm gay and a drag queen. Then I found out my little brother is having a kid. Hes way to young, hes just a teenager. I'm just going through alot of emotions right now but B.B. is helping me calm down. Like Beautiful. Let me be sad/blue to make something beautiful with my art/ life. I'm happy Lana can do the same with her music and make something amazing for us to enjoy and help us in our lifes. 

If you get the blues, baby blues
You've got us, we've got you
So there's nothing to lose and we love you

lanaboards is always here for you love, we're happy you're here :heart::kiss3:

faSE.gif

32 minutes ago, Alunadelrey said:

sorry to hear things have been hard but glad that you have lana's music (and all the LB angels) to help carry you through <3

aOaIzH2.gif

40 minutes ago, Alunadelrey said:

I'm so sorry to hear about all your struggles lately. Please don't listen to any cruel words anyone ever says to you. You're more special than you think 💕

Enjoy the record and take it easy, things will get better soon :kiss:

28 minutes ago, your dealer said:

If you get the blues, baby blues
You've got us, we've got you
So there's nothing to lose and we love you

lanaboards is always here for you love, we're happy you're here :heart::kiss3:

Thank you so much, this really made my day.

5 minutes ago, littleseashell said:

I'm so sorry to hear about all your struggles lately. Please don't listen to any cruel words anyone ever says to you. You're more special than you think 💕

Enjoy the record and take it easy, things will get better soon :kiss:

Thank you, I'm super thankful for this forums, Lana and the new album. 

20 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

sorry to hear things have been hard but glad that you have lana's music (and all the LB angels) to help carry you through <3

Thank you, I'm happy to be part of this forum and community. Its funny how her music can make so many people come together. The new album has literally been on repeat since the released. I should probably actually practice for my shows but Lana's music calms my spirit.

I've been depressed as hell for months, and I'm just sitting here crying over nothing in an A&W parking lot drinking root beer through a soggy paper straw while blaring Beautiful and Violets for Roses on repeat.

10/10 love this album. 

25 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

the third refrain in nectar of the gods when she sings "baby you, all the ways you move and the things you do sent me staighhtt to heavennn" with the whispery white dress vocals

:trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha:

yess and the part on sweet carolina where she says "i don't wanna live, i don't wanna give you nothing" i mean so good

1 hour ago, littleredpartydress said:

She’s saying Mayor!

”and by the mayor, the rallies in the streets have ceased and still the shadows haunt the avenue”

She mentions Larchmont in the song, which is a neighborhood in LA near where the mayor mansion is. I think it also relates to this line in her poem:

“Hancock Park, it's treated me very badly, I'm resentful
The witch on the corner, the neighbor nobody wanted
The reason for Garcetti's extra security“

because Hancock park is very close to it and Garcetti is the mayor, I think she either must have written the two around the same time or live there or something? Who knows :rip: 

This honestly makes the most sense and I think you might be right. I wish she or her team would correct them :defeated:

faSE.gif

Spoiler

Ok I swear I'm not a COCC hater but I really think White Dress was too good for COCC. Not because it's a bad album, but because the song is emotional and reminisces on the past so it would have been perfect for BB since that's basically the theme. Knowing now what the intention of BB is, White Dress seems a bit out of place.

It could have been used perfectly in place of The Trio  :runs:

Spoiler

No seriously listen to the album like this now :coffee:

Spoiler

Just do it

Spoiler

Just do it

Spoiler

DONT WAIT :ma:

42 minutes ago, littleseashell said:
  Hide contents

Ok I swear I'm not a COCC hater but I really think White Dress was too good for COCC. Not because it's a bad album, but because the song is emotional and reminisces on the past so it would have been perfect for BB since that's basically the theme. Knowing now what the intention of BB is, White Dress seems a bit out of place.

It could have been used perfectly in place of The Trio  :runs:

Hide contents

No seriously listen to the album like this now :coffee:

Reveal hidden contents

Just do it

Reveal hidden contents

Just do it

Reveal hidden contents

DONT WAIT :ma:

Arcadia into White Dress and then White Dress into Black Bathing suit wow ur mind :trisha: searching for paradise, yearning the simpler times, then reflecting on the hectic nature of the life she now lives i cri evrytiem :wowcry:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Accidentally listened to the radio for a while today n went with it and I think part of what separates Lana’s music from pop radio music is that it’s infused w genuine emotion, and isnt afraid to be slow. It’s infused w nuance and is real rich w its cadences and isnt afraid to sound how it does. It has an original soul

the album’s on a tier of its own n im sure time’ll treat it well

UV/Honeymoon