Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

2 hours ago, Desom said:

I've been depressed as hell for months, and I'm just sitting here crying over nothing in an A&W parking lot drinking root beer through a soggy paper straw while blaring Beautiful and Violets for Roses on repeat.

10/10 love this album. 

Damn, this is how my life is too *hugs* 

I really wish she released VfR as a single :crai:

22 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

After digesting the album I truly feel that the standard album cover is perfect for the entire record. 

Yep.

i think UV, NFR! and BB have the perfect album covers as they encompass the feeling and vibe of the record.

21 minutes ago, wildheart said:

Yep.

i think UV, NFR! and BB have the perfect album covers as they encompass the feeling and vibe of the record.

Absolutely. Her best album covers to date and make me appreciate the respective records even more.  :gclap:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Glamourising tf out of my life rn.. I’m currently filming at a hotel for a movie and they just broke me for a moment because I was too seen in the last shot, so I’m just dancing alone in a beautiful dress that I could never afford to purchase, in a hotel room that I could never afford to stay in, to Blue Banisters (which I purchased 9 copies of.. so that’s why I can’t afford anything else)

Thunder just hits different when you’re dancing alone on nothing but a Wednesday night hangover & good vibes x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

34 minutes ago, Elle said:

Glamourising tf out of my life rn.. I’m currently filming at a hotel for a movie and they just broke me for a moment because I was too seen in the last shot, so I’m just dancing alone in a beautiful dress that I could never afford to purchase, in a hotel room that I could never afford to stay in, to Blue Banisters (which I purchased 9 copies of.. so that’s why I can’t afford anything else)

Thunder just hits different when you’re dancing alone on nothing but a Wednesday night hangover & good vibes x

i’m waiting for my operation at hospital and i’m just blaring wildflower wildfire because of the hospital lines… so i’m glamorising too i guess :silly:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

8 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

so... which color is each song from the album? :ma: 

These are the colors I see when I listen to them: 

Text Book (brown)

Blue Banisters (blue)

Arcadia (cream)

The Trio - Interlude (desert sunset)

Black Bathing Suit (deep rust)

If You Lie Down With Me (maroon)

Beautiful (light gray)

Violets For Roses (evergreen)

Dealer (smoky dark gray)

Thunder (rich red)

Wildflower Wildfire (orange)

Nectar of the Gods (tan)

Living Legend (sandy)

Cherry Blossom (icy blue)

Sweet Carolina (gold) 

1 hour ago, Elle said:

Elle, you don’t even know how much I love to read about your life stories and your relationship with Lana’s music <3

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

ive just combined COCC and Blue Banisters altogether and it was a whole experience y'all

Spoiler

i skipped "breaking Up slowly" only

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

6 hours ago, drugmunny said:

the third refrain in nectar of the gods when she sings "baby you, all the ways you move and the things you do sent me staighhtt to heavennn" with the whispery white dress vocals

:trisha:

:umadney: 

Spoiler

i got so confused for a second

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

2 hours ago, Elle said:

♡!!! You were so... (I don't even have the words) during NFR. Like things were just a lot back then, and I'm just so happy that you're dancing away to BB and happy :ohno: even if it's just glamour glitter :spin: 

1 hour ago, Cherry Blossom said:

i’m waiting for my operation at hospital and i’m just blaring wildflower wildfire because of the hospital lines… so i’m glamorising too i guess :silly:

Best of luck bb you got this!! ♡♡♡

9 hours ago, Thunder said:

Let me run with the wolves, let me do what I do
Let me show you how sadness can turn into happiness
I can turn blue into something

Beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful like you

One of my favorite moments on the album. Gives me chills :wowcry:

I’m obsessed with that part too ❤️

this album was released at the perfect time. even though i’m sad RCS never came out June 1st or July 4th i think it’s a very fall album as people have mentioned. i’ve listened in the car on full blast more times than i can count and can’t imagine a more picturesque scene than in the fall leaves. COCC was definitely a late summer / early fall album and i feel like it transitions into this perfectly. cant wait to play it in winter when it’s cold outside with a nice cup of hot chocolate or hot coffee :wink:

i miss the craziness of the pre release era though (even if i was just lurking) and the thrill of the chaos of this website when we found literally anything because it was so dry! cant wait for the next one but will enjoy this album until she releases her next magnum opus with mike dean, emile and zach

:beyonce::beyonce::beyonce::creepna:

I think BB is another fine addition to her discography. BBS and Dealer are my immediate favorites so far, but everything else is really enjoyable (as is usual for me). Anyways, BBS seems a brilliant companion song to Black Beauty, which is interesting, given the old leaked songs (which I'm highly in favor of) are kind of a positive "referendum" on Barrie. Don't think they'll be getting back together; however, that's no reason not to work together. I refuse to conceive of Dealer as anything other than a hilarious topic for a song (i.e., pop fiction, unless somebody has impressive receipts-- i.e., none of this ambiguous "it's my story" type statements). It's both Lynchian and Lizzyan at the same time. Her "screaming" is impressive AF and is similar, imo, to opera divas having a really bad day in some modern work (i.e., as a kind of singing/acting). 

Another thing I like her doing is the greater compositional involvement in the production, as in the horn arrangements (and she's also credited with the arrangement of the Trio; so that wasn't just Mike Dean messing around). In the center of the CD booklet there's some music score, with some lyrics, which I can barely make out as from Arcadia. I can't read the music, but if it were for her horn arrangements for that song, she would seem to be making the point: "I did this". I would have rather seen the impressive horn outro for IYLDWM; however, that wouldn't have had lyrics to ID it (so I wouldn't have been able to guess what it meant). It makes me wonder whether all the horn-guitar noodling that ends the White Mustang video (which I've never seen a credit for) is hers too. 

Finally, I'm totally compulsed to say: it's a harmonica, damn it! (that she makes her voice sound like on LL).

12 hours ago, longtimeman said:

I hate the modern idea that everything needs to be for everybody, and if it isn't then you can voice your dumb opinion about why it's not for you as though it matters.

12 hours ago, longtimeman said:

People should be allowed to not like something, and have the grace to not bother talking about it. There's never been an easier time in recent history to ignore any music/TV/films/whatever that you don't care about.

this! like whatever happened to saying "meh not my cup of tea"? now it's like "if i don't like this that means there's something objectively wrong with it and no one else is allowed to like it either" like no there's no such thing as a right or wrong opinion in art and if we don't like things, we shouldn't even waste our time and mental energy on them.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

2 minutes ago, arcadialovesong2018 said:

Can we collectively agree to spam Cedric Gervais's instagram to ask for Blue Banisters remix that will trend and send all the non-lana stans views to make lana astral project into the billboard charts? 

no