Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

since we were talking about how underwhelming dealer not being on chemtrails was and at the end it make complete sense why it wasn't – i wonder if LYTAN is going to be in a future project and then we'll see why it wasn't on blue banisters

46 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

editor in chief of interview magazine just posted this on his story.. magazine cover soon perhaps 

FC5Q5gLXEAgvM_B?format=jpg&name=large

I hope the cover is a big ass serve and not a screenshot of blue banisters/arcadia music video

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

55 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

I want to smoke a cigarette for like 30 minutes now but I still haven't because I can't decide to which BB song I should smoke bc they are all so good & I want to smoke to all of them at the same time:trisha:

Lemme contemplate for another 30 minutes. Lanas impact :trisha:

I love to smoke listening to NOTG, pondering what cruel world is this :smokes3:

51 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

editor in chief of interview magazine just posted this on his story.. magazine cover soon perhaps 

FC5Q5gLXEAgvM_B?format=jpg&name=large

this is just wishful thinking but it would be a dream to have her on the cover wearing a black bathing suit :godlaugh:

9526fe1edcf0d5cb7e479649f32ab3ab.jpg

Not sure what’s gotten into me, but I haven’t been able to get Blue Banisters (the song) off repeat. I never connected much with it before these past couple days. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

4 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Not sure what’s gotten into me, but I haven’t been able to get Blue Banisters (the song) off repeat. I never connected much with it before these past couple days. 

It's heartbreakingly beautiful

Summer comes, winter goes :crying:
Spring, I skip, God knows :crying2:
Summer comes, winter goes :wowcry:
Spring, I sleep, Heaven knows 
:lange:

2 hours ago, Trash Magic said:

Okay this is definitely the album I’ve found it hardest to get into from Lana and have least desire to return to upon release. I find the vocal delivery pretty drab too often 😟 and the intentional decisions to be more unpolished and less produced and a little off kilter have me thinking “I wish she would’ve just polished this in a way it would be more palatable” but that’s just what she’s going for so 🤷‍♂️

For example when she was singing clips from songs like Living Legend and Cherry Blossom on her livestream, I thought they sounded better than the album versions! There was so much brightness and clarity to her voice acapella on a livestream that isn’t present on the studio recordings.

It also doesn’t help that I’m so in love with the original version of Thunder that I feel like the album version really pales in comparison and removes a lot of the atmosphere that made me love the song so much in the first place. 

Her best album cover though! 

The cherry blossom vocals on her quick video years ago were gorgeous, I think vocals have to be sung in the heat of the motion.

I was so shook to get the vinyls today. Since some people were reporting delays and Target even delayed the vinyls…. Idk, i haven’t opened them but they’re beautiful from what i’ve seen 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

I want to smoke a cigarette for like 30 minutes now but I still haven't because I can't decide to which BB song I should smoke bc they are all so good & I want to smoke to all of them at the same time:trisha:

Lemme contemplate for another 30 minutes. Lanas impact :trisha:

im a former smoker, Living Legend & Nectar of the Gods give me cig vibes lol

the fact we got 2 fucking full ass albums this year..... i wonder what jack thought of blue banisters. he didn't post about it like he does when he works on her albums. made me wonder... i know he liked some posts she made post cocc though so idk

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

the fact we got 2 fucking full ass albums this year..... i wonder what jack thought of blue banisters. he didn't post about it like he does when he works on her albums. made me wonder... i know he liked some posts she made post cocc though so idk

When he posted about Blue Banisters he didn't even put the name of the album :gasp: I don't see him as being a particularly bitter person and obviously him and Lana are still friends, but it's still kind of funny nonetheless

imageproxy.jpg

4 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

Obviously this just speculation but I think she fired him as a producer. She’s clearly bugged about the Lorde thing ( as well as with COCC it seemed like he was undermining/ overriding her on the production being done/ not as wild as she wanted, his remarks in the inyerview a couple months ago.) We know that Lana is 100 percent in charge. That’s not to speculate that they are no longer friends or on good terms but she clearly decided to go in a different creative diret, scrap the songs she made with him for this project, and I doubt it was with no hard feelings

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

Obviously this just speculation but I think she fired him as a producer. She’s clearly bugged about the Lorde thing ( as well as with COCC it seemed like he was undermining/ overriding her on the production being done/ not as wild as she wanted, his remarks in the inyerview a couple months ago.) We know that Lana is 100 percent in charge. That’s not to speculate that they are no longer friends or on good terms but she clearly decided to go in a different creative diret, scrap the songs she made with him for this project, and I doubt it was with no hard feelings

Also you know she had to hate how critics who hated her pre NFR music were now fawning at his feet, and how he was getting all the credit for her most critically acclaimed album. Thats not normal for producers to be treated as the geniuses behind the record.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

3 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

the lorde thing was never confirmed

another question i wish someone would've asked.... :air2::icant:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Violets For Roses and Black Bathing Suit are clearly about Clay 

The way I forgot about him entirely :derpna:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

Also you know she had to hate how critics who hated her pre NFR music were now fawning at his feet, and how he was getting all the credit for her most critically acclaimed album. Thats not normal for producers to be treated as the geniuses behind the record.

true. idk, i think there's not 100% burned bridges there, but i think jack likes to control the studio and we know lana does, thats why she never worked with dan auerbach again. it's just interesting how we haven't seen them interact since cocc dropped. zack did the post this time of her in the studio when they made thunder which was interesting to see 

lana traded j for z lol

giphy.gif