Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

51 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Whew Lana finally learns something: never announce upcoming album title after release date.

Yeah, we don't get excited so fast and then pretending dissapointed that good title is scrapped and that "release" is not Friday.

a bunch of lyrical connections I noted

Spoiler

"And what I never said" -BBS

"What I never said" -LL

"thanks for the shoes" -BBS

"as you play in the shoes that I bought you" -LL

"So thanks for that" -BBS

"Thanks for that" -Arcadia

"I guess this is really the end" -TB

"If this is the end..." -BBS

"finally I met you so I’m not wondering why" -TB

"I used to dream about people like you and now I don't know why" -NOTG

"I was looking for the father I wanted back" -TB

"Please don't try my father, eitherHe ain't been home for years" -Dealer

"If you lie down lie next to me" IYLDWM
"What I can promise is I’ll lie down" WFWF

"you feel afraid, mommy is there" CB

"ill always be right here" SC

plus all the cruel world, thunder/lightning, and fire/burning lines

When I first heard 'Black Bathing Suit' I had certain expectations with it since insiders had hyped it up a bit, I must say that I was a tad disappointed with it. On the first couple listens I just felt like it was a good song, but nothing more really. It kinda hit me earlier this week, I was doing homework and listening to the album and the song came on and I enjoyed it so much more. Might as well be my second favourite track, right after 'Text Book'. :candy:

25 minutes ago, West Coast said:

When I first heard 'Black Bathing Suit' I had certain expectations with it since insiders had hyped it up a bit, I must say that I was a tad disappointed with it. On the first couple listens I just felt like it was a good song, but nothing more really. It kinda hit me earlier this week, I was doing homework and listening to the album and the song came on and I enjoyed it so much more. Might as well be my second favourite track, right after 'Text Book'. :candy:

thisss. i had the same initial reaction to black bathing suit as i did textbook. (I had way to high of expectations for BBS too tbh) and I was so confused with the tempo changes in both songs and the rawness in production elements, especially percussion. if i'm being honest i still am not sure i prefer the roughness of the production to a more polished presentation. i would have loved to hear BBS with a more cohesive and accessible mix. (Text Book sounds sm better with the mastered mix in my opinion) BUTTTT I have really come to think of Text Book and BBS as my favourites from the record regardless. there is definitely a certain addicting element to both songs! 

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

15 hours ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

Y’all reaching. He gives female artists super high scores all the time. He just doesnt like her music. It’s not that deep. It’s one person’s opinion. Stop being so triggered by meh reviews. 

giphy.gif

56 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Trying to understand why people keep picking on Beautiful when Text Bore and Wildfire Wallflower are right there

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522e9d0e46ae4dbd50cd

Spoiler

*too @whoever made this gif

Look, if we're going to complain about any songs on the album, Beautiful ain't one of them. Blue Banisters or NOTG, fine, but y'all will respect queen Beautiful. :smokes3:

<spoiler> But we love all the songs if we're being honest with ourselves </spoiler>

Ok so I like creating playlists but I'm kind of unsure of how to arrange this one. I had a Chemtrails playlist that I want to combine with Blue Banisters but idk about order. Any suggestions?

Spoiler

This is the playlist I have:

01. Let Me Love You Like a Woman (PlastiscGuy Mix)

02. Wild at Heart

03. Chemtrails Over the Country Club (PlastiscGuy Mix)

04. Thunder (Demo)

05. Dark But Just a Game (PlastiscGuy Mix??)

06. Tulsa Jesus Freak (PlastiscGuy Mix)

07. Hallucinogenics [by Matt Maeson]

08. White Dress (PlastiscGuy Mix)

09. Not All Who Wander Are Lost (PlastiscGuy Mix)

10. Dance Till We Die

11. Summertime (The Gershwin Version)

And this is what I want to add (I have Living Legend & Cherry Blossom on an older playlist):
01. Text Book

02. Blue Banisters

03. Arcadia

04. Interlude - The Trio

05. Black Bathing Suit

06. If You Lie Down With Me

07. Beautiful

08. Violets for Roses

09. Dealer (feat. Miles Kane)

10. Thunder

11. Wildflower Wildfire

12. Sweet Carolina

Beautiful is really aging good for me. It's so so beautiful:oprah: It truly is one of my faves now. I love the message a lot & I'm still not over how beautiful & interesting the piano sounds, I could literally listen to the "raindrop piano " for hours,  it's so beautiful :wowcry:

Also I want to appreciate Violets For Roses again,  such a phenomal song :oprah:

The whole album is aging good so far & Dealer is still that bitch :trisha::xcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Anyone else always skip the last minute of Black Bathing Suit? I will make an edit without the ugly vocal parts.

I’m literally listening to this song mainly for this part. It’s the best part. 

4 hours ago, COCC said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522e9d0e46ae4dbd50cd

Reveal hidden contents

*too @whoever made this gif

Lyrically, they might as well be poems because sonically they both offer very little

All I hear in Text Book is "I went out with my friends to a BLM protest (and I want everyone to know), all my ex-boyfriends were scum, Sean Larkin reminds me of my dad and I wish he were here something something river river"

:whatever:

Each to their own, though

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i still cant quite believe i'm playing color blue on vinyl, like i really cant believe she released that song, its such an old gem, releasing it to the world was one of the best decisions she's made i think, one of my favourite songs ever it's so beautiful and timeless and never gets old. it reminds me of being out in the streets at night, drunk cold and alone

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

6 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Remember when I said Arcadia wasn't that good? Yeah fuck that, I didn't mean all that :smokeney:

It's hitting me a LOT. The tragedy, the desire to escape... I need a miracle :brandy:

The strings and the horns are everything. 
It was on repeat yesterday, as I was a strolling through the park, on a beautiful sunny afternoon. It was such an experience.