Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Dealer could fit lowkey on UV. I played it between Sad Girl & Money Power Glory and it was such a nice flow,  I was shook:oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

26 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

This era is so dead already… i want her to make an announcement for LDR9

She said she'll maybe release a MV for IYLDWM so let's see.

The covers album still seems far and she only has a couple of songs for the next record so I guess this time we won't have an endless loop of pre-releases :thumb2:

giphy.gif

What is the significance of the black bathing suit in the song in relation to people not knowing her as well as other people? Like I know what the songs about but I don't get the relation to the black bathing suit and people seeing her heart through it

1 hour ago, Distantly said:

At the end of BBS where she wails “mail me when you get the blues”.. does anyone know where else she sang similarly to that??? I just know there’s another song with that same vocal effect but I cannot recall at all. Whether it was an outtake or on an album idk or is it just me?

It always reminds me of the second chorus in Noir when she sings "I'm glamorous" and the first verse of Baby Blue Love. It's also quite similar to some of the vocals Lana does on Cruel World.

imageproxy.jpg

12 minutes ago, Sweb92 said:

What is the significance of the black bathing suit in the song in relation to people not knowing her as well as other people? Like I know what the songs about but I don't get the relation to the black bathing suit and people seeing her heart through it

My interpretation is that she wishes people saw her for more than her looks or what she seems to be on the surface level; she wants them to look deeper and try to understand her (see her soul and heart)

when it was a single, i wasn't obsessed with wildflower wildfire but after listening to the album over 168 times collectively(according to my last.fm) it has easily become one of my favorite songs! i'm so happy with this album, its really in my top three lana albums now

52 minutes ago, Sweb92 said:

I would imagine the black bathing suit is a metaphor for the bad things people only see in her, but never the good things she does. She seems made for the role of the bad girl, so the black bathing suit is the only thing that fits her. But that's just an outer facade, people aren't interested in the person she really is, they can't see through to her soul.

54 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

My interpretation is that she wishes people saw her for more than her looks or what she seems to be on the surface level; she wants them to look deeper and try to understand her (see her soul and heart)

I've just realised as I read your reply, because she was being criticised for weight gain and in the song metaphorically all that fits is the suit your interpretation is probably correct, she wants people to see her heart rather than her weight gain

39 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

when it was a single, i wasn't obsessed with wildflower wildfire but after listening to the album over 168 times collectively(according to my last.fm) it has easily become one of my favorite songs! i'm so happy with this album, its really in my top three lana albums now

I feel the same way? WFWF was always my least favorite of the three, but it sounds incredible in context of the album. Some of her best lyrics to date, that's for sure :trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

8 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I feel the same way? WFWF was always my least favorite of the three, but it sounds incredible in context of the album. Some of her best lyrics to date, that's for sure :trisha:

I love the lyrics of WFWF, I love the last minute, minute and a half of it, but it’s the second verse that is a bit « lacking » to me. It needs a little extra, production-wise. Maybe I have high standards for this one because Mike Dean got involved on it. It could be my only « regret-ish » for this album, but that song is still amazing, maybe not as amazing as the other ones. But again, lyrically, it is some of her best work. 

2 minutes ago, Jessica Apple Bottom Jean said:

I don't know if this has been asked before but, are the outtakes from previous albums that were included on BB have lossless quality? I know that on Tidal it says Masters quality, however I'm starting to doubt it... 

apparently, Nectar, Cherry Blossom and Living Legends are all YouTube rips :toofunny:

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

I love the lyrics of WFWF, I love the last minute, minute and a half of it, but it’s the second verse that is a bit « lacking » to me. It needs a little extra, production-wise. Maybe I have high standards for this one because Mike Dean got involved on it. It could be my only « regret-ish » for this album, but that song is still amazing, maybe not as amazing as the other ones. But again, lyrically, it is some of her best work. 

Yeah, I feel the same way as you. It's just been resonating with me a lot the past couple of days. I think that last minute and a half of the song sounds incredible in the car, which is probably the reason for it

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I can't believe how HARD (impossible even. apparently) it is to buy the white vinyl if you're not living in the UK or the US. it's a HATE crime honestly.:xcry:
both my mom and my boyfriend have asked their English mutuals to do me this favour but they're just like "nah" I guess lol. fuuck

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy