Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

3 minutes ago, Jessica Apple Bottom Jean said:

That's so bizarre, why wouldn't Lana's team keep the originals in highest quality or at least contact producers to access them 

maybe they didn't have the OG files anymore. but also i'm still not entirely convinced they were youtube rips i don't understand what proof there is of that. don't they sound remastered if not remixed? idk

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Just now, Veinsineon said:
45 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

this era won't be over to me until i have the target exclusive vinyl in my hands

this era cannot be over until IYLDWM MV happens and/or ldr US store vinyl resocks. PERIOD

2 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

maybe they didn't have the OG files anymore. but also i'm still not entirely convinced they were youtube rips i don't understand what proof there is of that. don't they sound remastered if not remixed? idk

I would assume if she reached out to Barrie to get an ok to release the songs they did, she would get original files that way but, this is Lazy Del Rey we’re talking about. Maybe he didn’t have them either (doubt it tho)

10 minutes ago, Jessica Apple Bottom Jean said:

That's so bizarre, why wouldn't Lana's team keep the originals in highest quality or at least contact producers to access them 

3 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

maybe they didn't have the OG files anymore. 

Even WE have them, they could've simply googled miss daytona collection and downloaded the full sessions.

3 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

but also i'm still not entirely convinced they were youtube rips i don't understand what proof there is of that. don't they sound remastered if not remixed? idk

The files were checked on Spek, even UFB is avaiable in higher quality than them

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

I would assume if she reached out to Barrie to get an ok to release the songs they did, she would get original files that way but, this is Lazy Del Rey we’re talking about. Maybe he didn’t have them either (doubt it tho)

well and like surely Rick Knowels would have the OG cherry blossom cut. idk i would love to hear from the mixers on this album i have so many fucking questions for them

17 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

apparently, Nectar, Cherry Blossom and Living Legends are all YouTube rips :toofunny:

11 minutes ago, Jessica Apple Bottom Jean said:

Do we have proof that these songs are not in lossless quality on Apple Music and Tidal? If we do, someone could email them and they would have to get the lossless files since they are promising that quality. I honestly don’t notice a difference though. 

4 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

I don’t have the ear most of you have for this sorta things (as in the NFR era, when everybody was picking at the production flaws that I never heard). I listen to the album on my good headphones, on Apple Music, and I might hear a slight difference with the rest of the album, but it’s not that major (it’s always better than the mp3 quality that I had, I must say). 

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

I wouldn't say that the agreement was obtained orally. There had to be signed papers showing that Barrie agreed Lana to use the songs. Also, it's not up to lana to fix the quality of the songs, she has the whole team to do that... I'm leaning towards the idea that the originals were lost... 

D.png

Nectar of the Gods and Dealer hit majorly hard, on a rainy fall day and I love it!!!!

Just now, Jessica Apple Bottom Jean said:

I wouldn't say that the agreement was obtained orally. There had to be signed papers showing that Barrie agreed Lana to use the songs. Also, it's not up to lana to fix the quality of the songs, she has the whole team to do that... I'm leaning towards the idea that the originals were lost... 

lol she should ask us here for the OG files: we’re the best hard drive  she could have :lmao:

4 hours ago, Niko Dealergo said:

Not every single song off Blue Banisters entering my Apple Music 2021 playlist already after one week :crying4:

I can’t believe she really released two amazing albums in one year 

I can't put the songs on any playlist, I can only listen to the whole album in the given order.

Listening to this together with Chemtrails over the Country Club is something else. :lange: 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

everyone is talking about YouTube rip this, YouTube rip that, yet Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend and Cherry Blossom all sound better on speakers than Arcadia and Black Bathing Suit :toofunny:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

everyone is talking about YouTube rip this, YouTube rip that, yet Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend and Cherry Blossom all sound better on speakers than Arcadia and Black Bathing Suit :toofunny:

Because as per Lana's request, arcadia and bbs were recorded on one of these bad boys 31vyTKuWJQL._AC_SY580_.jpg

D.png

11 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Listening to this together with Chemtrails over the Country Club is something else. :lange: 

:oprah3: it should be mandatory, at this point, to revisit Chemtrails (the yin part of the project) now that we have the « yang album » that is BB. 

3 minutes ago, Thunder said:

THIS. This is why I want to have words with the fucking MIXERS. LIKE I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

why are the vocals on arcadia placed so far forward in the mix

why is the quality so shit on BBS

why does the wacky metal sounding literally drown out her vocal on BBS outro

dont even get me started on WW crunch ass drums

I love this record and i love her unhinged production choices but theres a difference between production quirks and production errors

ok rant over