Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

If I recall correctly, the vinyls weren’t included in the first week’s sales. With them, she would’ve easily reached the top 5, if not the top 3. There’s absolutely no need to worry about her longevity. If the vinyls only count for next week, there’s even a possibility that the album performs better than the first week

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Man the horns in this album hint at something special. Mariachi vibes in Arcadia + western-ness of The Trio created such a cool mini-atmosphere/vibe in those two tracks, I'd love her to explore this sound more in the future

nice cocc bro

She needs to make a music video for Black Bathing Suit and Wild Flower Wildfire. Keep it simple like the 2nd Arcadia video. Lie Down With Me is a nice song but nowhere as epic as these other 2 songs. 

12 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

oh nvm it's kinda good with no promo

I think this is the best she could achieve, although the other albums had better rankings. She has beaten Elton, that's all that matters :)

And charts are not everything. Ed Sheeran is now on top and look how bad critics and users rate him: https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/384973-ed-sheeran-.php

Did we already bitch about the Sydney Morning Herald giving her 2 stars? I can buy the 5 from Fantano but this one is so shallow, as you might expect from them. And full of wrong information. :eek2:

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/music/tori-amos-latest-songs-protest-the-final-days-of-the-trump-presidency-20211025-p592tq.html

3lfQEhw.png

39 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

Did we already bitch about the Sydney Morning Herald giving her 2 stars? I can buy the 5 from Fantano but this one is so shallow, as you might expect from them. And full of wrong information. :eek2:

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/music/tori-amos-latest-songs-protest-the-final-days-of-the-trump-presidency-20211025-p592tq.html

not the "romanticisation of tumultuous relationships" again re thunder :yawn: did they even listen to the lyrics? "just keep burning, keep me alive, spare your blade" - from what i can tell, the whole song is her begging this explosive person to express their anger when they feel it/redirect it so as to limit them hurting her specifically. this is also why i think the new production is far more appropriate - it is eerie and troubling, just like its meaning

mUENGN9.png

8 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Lana: "Let's keep it simple, babe ..."

Me:

ger%C3%BChrt-bewegt.gif

Such a precious song :ohno:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

7 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Your interest really made stacks out of it for me (So, thanks for that)

Before I read the lyrics I thought it was your INCHES made stacks because I thought she was talking about the shoes (as in heels)

:smile3:

No wonder I couldn't work out wtf she meant

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Before I read the lyrics I thought it was your INCHES made stacks because I thought she was talking about the shoes (as in heels)

:smile3:

same, and i so thought it was a double entendre for clay or someone else's dick-headedness  :true:

mUENGN9.png

So this album made me listen to I Can Fly and it's way better than I remembered. I actually really like it. Maybe because I'm the only Paradise fan in the whole world and it has similar vibes. I have no idea how exactly she would make it fit on Blue Banisters but for me it's definitely better than Beautiful.

The BB album is a work of art like all the others. Wildflower Wildfire is a stand-out because of the sharp, engaging language and style. Cherry Blossom is entrancing and beautiful, reminiscent of "Old Money" in the way it's musically lovely and wisely sentimental. This artist is truly one of a kind, and I believe she created her own genre because nothing that exists already is adequate to contain her, describe her or categorize her music and her art. Long live the Queen. 💙

4 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

not the "romanticisation of tumultuous relationships" again re thunder :yawn: did they even listen to the lyrics? "just keep burning, keep me alive, spare your blade" - from what i can tell, the whole song is her begging this explosive person to express their anger when they feel it/redirect it so as to limit them hurting her specifically. this is also why i think the new production is far more appropriate - it is eerie and troubling, just like its meaning

I don’t get the whole “romanticization” argument… aren’t artists or people in general allowed to narrate their own life experiences anymore?!? How the fuck is that romanticizing?

Art often comes from horrible experiences as a form of catharsis or as a chronicle of what happened (ex. wars) it doesn’t mean artists are romanticizing (whatever the fuck it means) the death of innocent people…

Sorry for the rant, but I find this excuse lame and specious af, just say you (not you Alison, ofc) hate her and go…

Lanarat.png

56 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

So this album made me listen to I Can Fly and it's way better than I remembered. I actually really like it. Maybe because I'm the only Paradise fan in the whole world and it has similar vibes. I have no idea how exactly she would make it fit on Blue Banisters but for me it's definitely better than Beautiful.

I agree, I listened to I Can Fly and Big Eyes after BOZ said one was intended for BB and I appreciate them a lot more now. I feel like I never really listen to Lana's singles so I should just add them to another album and I'd listen to them more lol. Still strange she was thinking of doing it though imo it doesn't really fit

7 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

I agree, I listened to I Can Fly and Big Eyes after BOZ said one was intended for BB and I appreciate them a lot more now. I feel like I never really listen to Lana's singles so I should just add them to another album and I'd listen to them more lol. Still strange she was thinking of doing it though imo it doesn't really fit

Big Eyes is one of Lana’s best songs imo, it deserves better! 
Bring Dan Heath back please :trisha:

Lanarat.png