Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Lol this is maybe the most Canadian exp I've ever had but... I never bothered to look up the lyrics for IYLDWM and totally thought she sings, "Get into your truck and pick me up, EH."

I even got a bit like ":oic2:" when that part would come, with the North in me moving.

:wtf3:

13 minutes ago, Venice said:

Lol this is maybe the most Canadian exp I've ever had but... I never bothered to look up the lyrics for IYLDWM and totally thought she sings, "Get into your truck and pick me up, EH."

I even got a bit like ":oic2:" when that part would come, with the North in me moving.

:wtf3:

every time i listen to lana say "be a gentlemen...pick me up athEUIGHT" im wondering why she didn't just say "pick me up again" . it. literally. rhymes. 

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

41 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

every time i listen to lana say "be a gentlemen...pick me up athEUIGHT" im wondering why she didn't just say "pick me up again" . it. literally. rhymes. 

cause it's date night bby  :makeup:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

47 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

probably because some of her bfs used to pick her up at eight and she wrote that in her diary :true: or she just improvised that :true: adding little things like that makes it more authentic :true: something a real artist would write :true:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

3 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

blue banisters is now 79 on metacritic

Hide contents

STOP THE COUNT

came in at number 8 in sales -  her worst album performance ever. Not surprising with lame singles like Arcadia and zero hits.

1 hour ago, lover said:

probably because some of her bfs used to pick her up at eight and she wrote that in her diary :true: or she just improvised that :true: adding little things like that makes it more authentic :true: something a real artist would write :true:

That and she used an AB, AB rhyming scheme :true:

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

3 hours ago, barttttender said:

came in at number 8 in sales -  her worst album performance ever. Not surprising with lame singles like Arcadia and zero hits.

With poor streaming numbers and no vinyls. Most of COTCC’ sales came from vinyls, most of Lana’s sales in general come from vinyls. She performed really well without them, 33k is not bad at all considering it’s her second album this year and she did little to no promo for it.
Now if you REALLY care about the charts, you should maybe worry about Elton who wasn’t even able to outchart Lana with a collaborative album that includes Nicki Minaj and Dua Lipa.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

8 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

With poor streaming numbers and no vinyls. Most of COTCC’ sales came from vinyls, most of Lana’s sales in general come from vinyls. She performed really well without them, 33k is not bad at all considering it’s her second album this year and she did little to no promo for it.
Now if you REALLY care about the charts, you should maybe worry about Elton who wasn’t even able to outchart Lana with a collaborative album that includes Nicki Minaj and Dua Lipa.

I love Lana, and I loved Chemtrails. But I do feel like BB was an unnecessary, quickly put-together release that does nothing to further her career both sonically and especially not as a pop star. The zero-wave traction territory she's in right now is pretty embarrassing when you consider she's the same person who wrote Born to Die. I just think she's lost a certain willpower, a certain spark, which is reflected in a complete lack of big songs, hits, good-quality music videos, promotion, and even the negligent way she dressed up to do Arcadia. It's like she's stopped caring. And it's tough for a die-hard fan to endure this BB era (undoubtedly her worst-ever era, even worse than Chemtrails).

10 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I love Lana, and I loved Chemtrails. But I do feel like BB was an unnecessary, quickly put-together release that does nothing to further her career both sonically and especially not as a pop star. The zero-wave traction territory she's in right now is pretty embarrassing when you consider she's the same person who wrote Born to Die. I just think she's lost a certain willpower, a certain spark, which is reflected in a complete lack of big songs, hits, good-quality music videos, promotion, and even the negligent way she dressed up to do Arcadia. It's like she's stopped caring. And it's tough for a die-hard fan to endure this BB era (undoubtedly her worst-ever era, even worse than Chemtrails).

Mary.. all of those things you list are just smoke and mirrors tactics that people with no real talent depend on to make you believe they're world class musicians. Lana is on another level now. Anyone with enough money behind them can make a chart topping song and wear designer in a high budget music video and people fall for it every time when really theyre just serving Mcdonalds music. Look what happened to Justin Bieber. If i heard Blue banisters playing over Kmart speakers I would k*** ******

Spoiler

i'm obsessed with the idea that blue banisters is somehow not pushing her sound forward (with songs like dealer and BBS, the horns on ILYDWM, mike dean's involvement, less jack) but chemtrails was like- i'm sorry but i HAVE to laugh (love chemtrails as a set of songs but to imply it is somehow new territory for lana is .  bold)

honestly the more time i spend with this record the more i feel this is her best, every song i was unsure about at release has grown on me so much, the unreleased songs fit in perfectly, the layers of writing and meta-commentary on including these unreleased songs, the covers ALL being great, this is everything i want from her tbh

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

12 minutes ago, honey dew said:

Mary.. all of those things you list are just smoke and mirrors tactics that people with no real talent depend on to make you believe they're world class musicians. Lana is on another level now. Anyone with enough money behind them can make a chart topping song and wear designer in a high budget music video and people fall for it every time when really theyre just serving Mcdonalds music. Look what happened to Justin Bieber. If i heard Blue banisters playing over Kmart speakers I would k*** ******

Well, I'd take the glamour and the melody of Young & Beautiful over the screatching-cat histrionics in a plaid shirt any day. But it's good to see Blue Banisters has this many fans...

57 minutes ago, barttttender said:

She is no longer the pop star of yesteryear, and I don't think she wants to be. Her focus is now on writing poetry, you have to pay more attention to her lyrics and that was already the case with Chemtrails.  BB was not quick, the core songs like Black Bathing Suit go back to early 2020. Like honey dew said she is now on another level.