Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I wonder if Rob is playing piano on the next record too?

Note that his shirt is NOT the same one he was wearing when recording Sweet Carolina on June 14, 2021.  

He was wearing it here too. Maybe from the same day. 

40 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

that was last week

yes but I was so embarrassed about it at first as I should and didn't want to think about it at all :bebe: now I'm recovered and ready to listen some more BB

... or maybe just The Trio for now, the other songs hit too hard

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

I love how If You Lie Down With Me starts with "baby wants a dance, baby gets her way" and then the song ends with this beautiful long instrumental where you can just picture someone dancing Lana around the room like she asked him to :trisha::oprah::cryney2:

44 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

How do you interpret the verse “Just do it” in Thunder? What is she referring to? :popcorn:

Pretty sure it's referring to 'walking away'/leaving her, ie, if you're going to leave anyway, just get it out of the way so we can move on.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

1 hour ago, 5Rick said:

How do you interpret the verse “Just do it” in Thunder? What is she referring to? :popcorn:

35 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Pretty sure it's referring to 'walking away'/leaving her, ie, if you're going to leave anyway, just get it out of the way so we can move on.

I think it has a double meaning.

Clearly, the guy she sings about has commitment issues.

He "rolls like thunder" when he's drunk, at a party, with his friends - but privately he's indecisive af, can't just enjoy a good time and always longs for something more, never seeing what he already has at his very hands ("you're not satisfied at the rainbow's end").
Going by this and the timeline of the songs creation, I could see Thunder referring to the same man she sings about in Norman F*cking Rockwell (the song) and Best American Record (the demo).

So "Just do it, don't wait" could mean that she wants him to stop overthinking things, appreciate all the good in his life before they are gone again, give in to their love affair and be happy together without any second thoughts. ("If you're on fire - just keep burning")

However, she also seems to be tired of his indecisiveness, him not committing to their relationship and always being on the fence.  She's got not time for this kind of games and wants to know if it's a "yes" or a "no" from him. And if he's not making up his mind anytime soon, he can just aswell leave. ("If hello just means goodbye then baby better walk away")

So "just do it" could also mean that if he's not planning to actually have a relationship with her, he should just tell her so they can end this charade and she can move on with her life.

Basically it's "Just do it, don't wait. 'Cause I don't wanna wait"  as in  JUST F*CKING DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT ALREADY!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

On 11/1/2021 at 10:10 PM, barttttender said:

I love Lana, and I loved Chemtrails. But I do feel like BB was an unnecessary, quickly put-together release that does nothing to further her career both sonically and especially not as a pop star. The zero-wave traction territory she's in right now is pretty embarrassing when you consider she's the same person who wrote Born to Die. I just think she's lost a certain willpower, a certain spark, which is reflected in a complete lack of big songs, hits, good-quality music videos, promotion, and even the negligent way she dressed up to do Arcadia. It's like she's stopped caring. And it's tough for a die-hard fan to endure this BB era (undoubtedly her worst-ever era, even worse than Chemtrails).

I hardly think its that she ‘stopped caring’…

this is just who she is now. periodt.

get on board or get left behind.

shes above hits and big songs, shocking that this is even still a topic of discussion since shes been steadily going down this path for years.

43 minutes ago, bewhitehotforever said:

it’s dealer vs bbs in the poll. interesting. :oopna:

now it's thunder vs bbs, as it should be :true: i truly think thunder (album version) is the superior version - it is so atmospheric and complex, and i love the cinematic melody of the strings so much, especially towards the end. it sounds like a holiday party gone wrong. and its tone leads into wildflower wildfire much better than otherwise

mUENGN9.png