Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

2 hours ago, Skuj said:

Long time lurker, first time poster:

WTF ARE YOU THINKING?

Anyway, this forum/thread is extremely hard to follow. It updates every 26sec, and most of y'all post waaaaaay too many visuals.

I think BB is the greatest LDR release. There, I said it. It's magnificent. It flows beautifully. I cannot find a skip-able song on it. It is my AOTY, hands-down.

It took me a while to "get" Chemtrails, but now I appreciate it's brilliant understatedness. 

Anyway, carry on.....

Thanks.

And you're right. BB is a masterpiece.

met my boyfriend down at the taco truck

2 hours ago, Skuj said:

Long time lurker, first time poster:

WTF ARE YOU THINKING?

Anyway, this forum/thread is extremely hard to follow. It updates every 26sec, and most of y'all post waaaaaay too many visuals.

I think BB is the greatest LDR release. There, I said it. It's magnificent. It flows beautifully. I cannot find a skip-able song on it. It is my AOTY, hands-down.

It took me a while to "get" Chemtrails, but now I appreciate it's brilliant understatedness. 

Anyway, carry on.....

it just isn't my favorite lana album... lol... :bebe: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

You provoked the lurkers :bebe:

But anyways, for me, I'm finding a lot of these songs getting better with age. I've grown more accustomed to the only piano version of Beautiful, although I definitely prefer the string version. I think my favorite part of that song is actually the intro with that trickling piano. Right now my most streamed songs are IYLDWM (I'm a sucker for those horns), Black Bathing Suit and Dealer. I think that might be my top three right now, not in order. 

imageproxy.jpg

it

12 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it's not my fave either but in my opinion it's literally miles above chemtrails. i've acc been streaming it like crazy. 

what songs are u listening to from it? 

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

1 minute ago, drugmunny said:

it

it's not my fave either but in my opinion it's literally miles above chemtrails. i've acc been streaming it like crazy. 

what songs are u listening to from it? 

i really like text book & black bathing suit!

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

If we’re being objective, production wise, COTCC is a better album, and it’s extremely cohesive, on the other hand BB is the strongest lyrically and the storytelling is brilliant. The production on some tracks is like whatever, mostly the unreleased ones excluding Thunder. And again, I’m not talking about personal preferences, because I personally prefer BB as a whole, but objectively the production on BB isn’t as rich or lively as on Chemtrails. Overall, I’d still say BB is the superior album because the production is still amazing, simply quite not on Chemtrails’ level

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

13 hours ago, drugmunny said:

i think sweet carolina is a good song it's just a little samey. too specific to relate unless u have a pregnant sister named caroline w a shithead ex named kevin. still love it tho

I find it beautiful as well, but maybe a bit generic sound-wise. The lyrics are beautiful, and it works beautifully as a closer to the album, but yeah, not her most brilliant song either.

1 hour ago, FallingCherry said:

If we’re being objective, production wise, COTCC is a better album, and it’s extremely cohesive, on the other hand BB is the strongest lyrically and the storytelling is brilliant. The production on some tracks is like whatever, mostly the unreleased ones excluding Thunder. And again, I’m not talking about personal preferences, because I personally prefer BB as a whole, but objectively the production on BB isn’t as rich or lively as on Chemtrails. Overall, I’d still say BB is the superior album because the production is still amazing, simply quite not on Chemtrails’ level

I listened to the whole COTCC album some days ago to make a direct comparison and I find it kind of boring by now. I had somehow remembered it better. Almost every song on BB sounds better than almost every song on COTCC. And not just because BB is more recent or less heard. I've probably even listened to the latter album more often.

16 hours ago, White Hot said:

It's just so good I can't believe she's been holding onto it for all these years

The playful horns at the end...perfection. And the horns get more playful towards the end. 

In whatever form it previously existed, I'm glad it never leaked. 

1 hour ago, FallingCherry said:

nothing to add, just boosting this post :kiss3:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

The music industry made some of u guys so dumb that u look for cohesive polished even in works that don't have that intention.  Lana did a job to catalyze all the chaos we're going through.  all arts can be problematic and messy but when you think about music you all the time charge for cohesion and works that make sense

expand your mind

Lust For Dead   large.gif

5 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

The music industry made some of u guys so dumb that u look for cohesive polished even in works that don't have that intention.  Lana did a job to catalyze all the chaos we're going through.  all arts can be problematic and messy but when you think about music you all the time charge for cohesion and works that make sense

expand your mind

says the person who pretends to be an insider for attention

chemtrails had WAY more instrumental diversity than blue banisters but they were details and not an actual part of the song, ykwim? if blue banisters had the instrumental diversity cocc had but more present in the songs, it would be over.