Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

3 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

If we’re being objective, production wise, COTCC is a better album, and it’s extremely cohesive, on the other hand BB is the strongest lyrically and the storytelling is brilliant. The production on some tracks is like whatever, mostly the unreleased ones excluding Thunder. And again, I’m not talking about personal preferences, because I personally prefer BB as a whole, but objectively the production on BB isn’t as rich or lively as on Chemtrails. Overall, I’d still say BB is the superior album because the production is still amazing, simply quite not on Chemtrails’ level

And this is why BBS would perfectly fit on COCC imo, having the most intricate and complex production on BB… Imagine opening the album with White Dress and closing it with Black Bathing Suit, a concept!

Lanarat.png

3 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

If we’re being objective, production wise, COTCC is a better album, and it’s extremely cohesive, on the other hand BB is the strongest lyrically and the storytelling is brilliant. The production on some tracks is like whatever, mostly the unreleased ones excluding Thunder. And again, I’m not talking about personal preferences, because I personally prefer BB as a whole, but objectively the production on BB isn’t as rich or lively as on Chemtrails. Overall, I’d still say BB is the superior album because the production is still amazing, simply quite not on Chemtrails’ level

Rt

Now, 2 hot takes:

-> COCC > BB

-> I don't care about the IYLDWM horns, I like them, they're cute, but that's all

8 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

And this is why BBS would perfectly fit on COCC imo, having the most intricate and complex production on BB… Imagine opening the album with White Dress and closing it with Black Bathing Suit, a concept!

Also, imo BBS and IYLDWM should've been on COCC, specially the later one

So what next ? :D 

BB is a very good album but honestly I kinda want more like cmon. 
NFR! Was that ALBUM and that ERA :fabcat:Maybe her next album(not cover album) will be more promoted and will have more "rich" production.

8 hours ago, lustforlife said:

Go f*(k urself and forget me ur dumb ass s&it

but did they lie?????? Girl pipe down you flop

16 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

NFR! Was that ALBUM and that ERA

can we please stop comparing every album of hers to nfr, its getting obnoxious, we get it yall have better music taste and critics thought it was her best move on

Anybody here with musical theory knowledge could let me know if there are any common harmonic patterns in How to dissapear and Violets for Roses? The latter reminds me a lot of the first but I cant really pinpoint on why...

1 hour ago, V3rmillionV3rnz said:

but did they lie?????? Girl pipe down you flop

can we please stop comparing every album of hers to nfr, its getting obnoxious, we get it yall have better music taste and critics thought it was her best move on

I wont aswer a troll with 46 posts sorry

Lust For Dead   large.gif

What I love about both COCC and BB is that, overall, Lana sounds at peace with life and with herself, and, within that context, she doesn’t sound complacent or boring.

It’s not a great many contemporary artists that can write songs about day to day life and living without those songs being dull, but on a lot of songs on both albums, Lana sounds serene and centered, and I find myself happy at this, and inspired too. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

What I love about both COCC and BB is that, overall, Lana sounds at peace with life and with herself, and, within that context, she doesn’t sound complacent or boring.

It’s not a great many contemporary artists that can write songs about day to day life and living without those songs being dull, but on a lot of songs on both albums, Lana sounds serene and centered, and I find myself happy at this, and inspired too. 

Cool now gimme ur number

Lust For Dead   large.gif