Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

We deserve a newΒ music video Β :cryney:

Β 

Β 

π‘³π’Šπ’‡π’† π’Šπ’” π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’šπ’π’– 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I have two friends whoΒ claim not to be able to hear the melodies on IYLDWM and VFR, and I believe them, but find it impossible, after 6 or 7 listens, if not less, to at least begin to hear the melodies and 'hooks' of both.Β 

10 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I have two friends won't claim not to be able to hear the melodies on IYLDWM and VFR, and I believe them, but find it impossible, after 6 or 7 listens, if not less, to at least begin to hear the melodies and 'hooks' of both.Β 

it could be bc a lot of lana's songs are quite loose with unexpected tempo changes, etc. but VFR is super melodious and quite contained from what i remember

mUENGN9.png

2 hours ago, lustforlife said:

75 best albums of 2021

Β 

#75 ChemtrailsΒ 

Β 

:blush:

Β 

Or something like this

Β 

So with 80 score it's on #6 along with hundred others

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/47-mojo-highest-rated/2021/1

But they don't seem to have rated BB yet.

Β 

4 hours ago, Vertimus said:

I have two friends won't claim not to be able to hear the melodies on IYLDWM and VFR, and I believe them, but find it impossible, after 6 or 7 listens, if not less, to at least begin to hear the melodies and 'hooks' of both.Β 

Itβ€˜s never to late to end a friendshipΒ :ma:

Β 

Unrelated but I canβ€˜t wait to hear Hollywood on Lanas next recordΒ :ma:

On 11/11/2021 at 9:35 AM, lustforlife said:

Some fan did a color correction on Blue BanistersΒ Β 

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/644804563

Β 

:dua:

Β 

it’s nicely done butΒ :deadbanana:Β i feel like the hazey coloration/filter really adds to the vibe, it just marches the song really nicely. it kinda loses somethin w the color correction

Β 

Adele and Taylor getting all the fame and support Lana should be getting…just makes me sick. But then again being a niche artist has more charm and artists tend to produce the best music when under less pressure.Β 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

3 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Β 

Β 

Adele and Taylor getting all the fame and support Lana should be getting…just makes me sick. But then again being a niche artist has more charm and artists tend to produce the best music when under less pressure.Β 

I know people around here act as if it was super cewl n edgy and a sign of advanced artistry, but that's just what happens if you don't do nothing beyond the album itself.

Most indie artists with a much smaller target-audienceΒ put more effort into their promotion, and it's not like music videos, performancea and photoshoots are just marketing - it's also a way to artistically express urself.

Β 

Lana herself used to absolutely rule this aspect of visual artistry, no matter if it was about big budget stuff like Blue Jeans or her homemade videos during ger Lizzie-era.Β 

Now most she does in this departmentΒ seems Β uninspired and halfassed. Noone but fans who force themselves to like it care for contentΒ like the BB-mv, that NFR/B/HIAB thing or the LMLYLAW performance.Β 

Β 

I'm not saying she should force herself to do something she doesn't want to, but it's not suprising that the attention for her output sinks when she obviously doesn't care.

Β 

And that decay of visual quality is not "niche". Lana just does not care about it anymore. It's fine, but let's not overglamourize it. A lot of smallΒ "niche" artists who really want to create something beautiful to accompany their music manage to do with a much lower budget. Because they actually burn for it. Lana is past that point, and with both herself and her fanbase taking her way too serious, she now does things like the BB-video or the CoCC-cover.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 hour ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Β 

And that decay of visual quality is not "niche". Lana just does not care about it anymore. It's fine, but let's not overglamourize it. A lot of smallΒ "niche" artists who really want to create something beautiful to accompany their music manage to do with a much lower budget. Because they actually burn for it. Lana is past that point, and with both herself and her fanbase taking her way too serious, she now does things like the BB-video or the CoCC-cover.

I get what you meanΒ and I somewhat agree with some parts of what youβ€˜ve said. But Iβ€˜m not sure if Lana β€ždoesnt burnΒ for itβ€œΒ (her music? her artistry? or what do you mean?) anymore.

Β 

Obviously only Lana knows why sheβ€˜s not doing a lot of promo anymore. But if I had to put myself in her shoes, I would honestly do the same. Iβ€˜m so thankful that my work gets evaluated by its quality and that I dont have to do promo in order to make it more accepted. Going to talkshows, doing high budget music videos, interviews, photoshoots and all that stuff won’t make your music any better and I’m sure itΒ doesn’t feel satisfying at all.Β People ask superficial questions or end up talking about your hair and nails.Β I would get tired of it, especially after being in the music business for more thanΒ ten years.Β 

Β 

I always wondered why Lana was sceptical with the praise NFR got until she said in that (now infamous)Β BBC interviewΒ that she’s happy about the positive response, but that she wished thatΒ critics and the media would actuallyΒ reviewΒ the music itself. The best way to do that is by having no or almost no promo.

1 hour ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I know people around here act as if it was super cewl n edgy and a sign of advanced artistry, but that's just what happens if you don't do nothing beyond the album itself.

Most indie artists with a much smaller target-audienceΒ put more effort into their promotion, and it's not like music videos, performancea and photoshoots are just marketing - it's also a way to artistically express urself.

Β 

Lana herself used to absolutely rule this aspect of visual artistry, no matter if it was about big budget stuff like Blue Jeans or her homemade videos during ger Lizzie-era.Β 

Now most she does in this departmentΒ seems Β uninspired and halfassed. Noone but fans who force themselves to like it care for contentΒ like the BB-mv, that NFR/B/HIAB thing or the LMLYLAW performance.Β 

Β 

I'm not saying she should force herself to do something she doesn't want to, but it's not suprising that the attention for her output sinks when she obviously doesn't care.

Β 

Β 

I forgave her laziness for several days when I saw the BB album cover with her dogs. It's really a beautiful album cover. But I agree 100% with what you said. Her visuals are pretty awful now and I even fear looking at her music videos in case it ruins the song with me. For example, Arcadia video 1. That cringy video ruined the song for me. I'm a very visual person. Then version 2 came out and it was better. COCC is a disaster. Not even the Neil Krug album cover does anything for me.

Β 

I think if I was Lana's manager I would have thrown myself in front of a truck. I don't have patience for laziness and poor visuals.Β 

Β 

Ben must have the patience of a saint.Β 

Β 

:dorothy3:

5 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Β 

Β 

What even is the point in this postΒ besides dragging Adele and Taylor? I’m tired of people acting like popular artists can’t make good music just because they are popular. And Lana stans always act like she’s some underground artist when she’s notΒ :toofunny:Β Born To Die is one of the best selling albums of all time, nearly every album of hers has over a billion streams, she’s been receiving way more critical acclaim lately, and Dealer is going viral on social media. It’s just childish. You can say Lana deserves more praise and support without dragging two other talented women that constantly uplift LanaΒ :what:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gifΒ gmgif.gifΒ morrissey-flowers.gif