Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

On 11/9/2021 at 5:16 AM, bluechemtrails said:

I listened to the whole COTCC album some days ago to make a direct comparison and I find it kind of boring by now. I had somehow remembered it better. Almost every song on BB sounds better than almost every song on COTCC. And not just because BB is more recent or less heard. I've probably even listened to the latter album more often.

This. 

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside. 

I loved Blue Banisters so much. I was really nervous about the old songs being included but they actually flowed together really nicely with the new tracks. I wasn't expecting to enjoy the album as much as I did cause I was expecting it to sound very similar to COCC at first (which isn't my favorite of hers, but I do think it is a good album) but she truly exceeded my expectations. I cannot wait for what's next from Lana :flutter:

giphy.gif 

I know w the older tracks that leaked there's a lot of like controversy/ mult. perspectives on it but personally? It's like when ur journalling and you have all these things written and just need to piece things together, and for me, that shows consistency of like thought, feelings and themes and I think the older tracks fit in so well w the rest of the album. 

UV/Honeymoon

i had a dream last night I was hanging out w Lana and we were at a random store and she was buying like every tiny plush animal toy she could find and I was like “what are you even going to do with these……” and she’s like “I don’t know!!! But I want them all!!!” then we laughed about her being rich, even tho these toys couldn’t have been more than $3 each

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

2 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

i had a dream last night I was hanging out w Lana and we were at a random store and she was buying like every tiny plush animal toy she could find and I was like “what are you even going to do with these……” and she’s like “I don’t know!!! But I want them all!!!” then we laughed about her being rich, even tho these toys couldn’t have been more than $3 each

this reminds me of the pony she had during that instagram live... i'm not a furry :tongue:

WGe8ynS.gif

10 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

this reminds me of the pony she had during that instagram live... i'm not a furry :tongue:

When LDR9 ends up being titled 'I'm Not A Furry - You Guys Are Gross" :smile2:

imageproxy.jpg

23 hours ago, scarlettohara said:

you do know he's allowed to quit, right? :wtf3: he wouldnt have to fucking kill himself to escape lana. :awk: anyway i dont think we exactly need to put him on suicide watch over lana's marketing decisions just yet. :eek:

You do know I didn't mean literally right?  Duh, of course he can quit.  :eyeroll:

What I like most about BB (the album) is the overall range of emotions that arise from it----it seems to me, in that regard, like her 'healthiest' and 'happiest' album yet. Maybe facing her demons head-on in WFWF allowed some serenity to follow. 

COCC was also a definite move in this direction, and, emotionally, in retrospect, seems like the perfect precursor to BB.  

I like the emotionally-tortured Lana of 'Old Money,' '13 Beaches,' 'White Mustang,' etc., and the haunted Lana of 'Swan Song,' but I like this Lana best so far. 

1 hour ago, bewhitehotforever said:

so what’s everyone’s thoughts on BB now that it’s lost it’s hype. is it still in everyone’s favorites/top 3?

Still imo, the biggest insight into Elizabeth‘S actual life. Chemtrails was like an introduction to the woman behind the enigma. I think she really got this album on par with UV and HM. Nectar Dealer and Carolina remain the best songs!

I also don’t think it’s “lost its hype” plenty of ppl are still anxious to get their hands on the actual album in its many forms :ma:

4 hours ago, bewhitehotforever said:

so what’s everyone’s thoughts on BB now that it’s lost it’s hype. is it still in everyone’s favorites/top 3?

Yup, my personal top 3 hasn’t changed yet.

1- NFR

2- BB

3- COTCC/HM depending on my mood

BB is a really strong fall album (it even feels wintery at times) and that’s something that was missing in Lana’s discography before

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~