Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I know this has probably been said a gazillion times but she should have crammed together the best songs on Chemtrails and the best songs on Blue Banisters into one single album. I love both of them, don't get me wrong and as a fan Im happy we got all the songs we got, but from a body work point of view I feel like Chemtrails has the highest high and the rest is unnecessary and Blue Banisters is chaotic and a bit dragged. The best from each would have been an iconic album.

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

57 minutes ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

i woke up and it hit me that the motive or at least a huge motive in this is that she's tired of being told who she was. 

"don't tell me i'm something i'm not / i really hate that" :scream::true:

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

5 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

i guess cause most of my best memories of my life basically revolves around the Lust for Life era. I had the best time with this album & this period speciafically. I know most stans hate it but for me, this era was a celebration of life literally: A 16-track album, beautiful out-of-this world visual, futuristic vintage (the O.G future nostalgia) concept - We were super spoiled.

I really enjoyed LFL too! It was during a tough time of my life but the album took me out of it whenever I'd listen. The aesthetic was so spicy, and Summer Bummer was everything for me that summer :wub: 

I think it's the same order for me too but I'll have to see how BB ages over time!

1 hour ago, Venice said:

I really enjoyed LFL too! It was during a tough time of my life but the album took me out of it whenever I'd listen. The aesthetic was so spicy, and Summer Bummer was everything for me that summer :wub: 

I think it's the same order for me too but I'll have to see how BB ages over time!

Lust for Life could have been even better with its original witch, ancient spacey & futuristic vintage concept (but clearly she ditched that "witchy" part and toned it down a little bit for the sake of mainstream success). But either way, this era was so experimental & I just have to say it's one of the most memorable era. This was also the first time we see Lana stepping into the "daylight", showing real growth in her songwriting subject matters & her thoughts about love & life. 

I think for Blue Banisters, it ages so well for me because it somehow gives me the same experience that I had with Lust for Life back then.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

6 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

i guess cause most of my best memories of my life basically revolves around the Lust for Life era. I had the best time with this album & this period speciafically. I know most stans hate it but for me, this era was a celebration of life literally: A 16-track album, beautiful out-of-this world visual, futuristic vintage (the O.G future nostalgia) concept - We were super spoiled.

LFL makes me extremely nostalgic, came out during some of the best parts of my life as well. Heroin, GBA, IMF, etc :cuteface: def not my favorite album but when I listen to it I get like blasted back to 2017 it’s absolutely insane. I’ve been a fan of Lana since 2012/13 and nothing makes me more nostalgic than LFL

sgopYhV.gif

37 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Lust for Life could have been even better with its original witch, ancient spacey & futuristic vintage concept (but early she ditched that "witchy" part and toned it down a little bit for the sake of mainstream success). But either way, this era was so experimental & I just have to say it's one of the most memorable era. This was also the first time we see Lana stepping into the "daylight", showing real growth in her songwriting subject matters & her thoughts about love & life. 

I think for Blue Banisters, it ages so well for me because it somehow gives me the same experience that I had with Lust for Life back then.

Right? I hope if she ever wants to venture those routes again, that she easily would, as she doesn't care about mainstream success or even promo at this point! 

I hope it stays like that forever, and for me as well! BB is still so new, I can't help but to be reminded of when I was crazy about VBBOtG for several months when it came out, but by now I hardly ever revisit that book or audio :tsk: sffhksdhfk

7 minutes ago, Venice said:

Lust for Life could have been even better with its original witch, ancient spacey & futuristic vintage concept (but early she ditched that "witchy" part

!!!

can we get the lfl demo melody w/ reworked lyricssssss:gasp:

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

27 minutes ago, Venice said:

Right? I hope if she ever wants to venture those routes again, that she easily would, as she doesn't care about mainstream success or even promo at this point! 

I hope it stays like that forever, and for me as well! BB is still so new, I can't help but to be reminded of when I was crazy about VBBOtG for several months when it came out, but by now I hardly ever revisit that book or audio :tsk: sffhksdhfk

Me, in the other hand, always listen to VBBOTG every now & then. Especially when i need a really peaceful good night sleep.

Idk, there's so many precious thoughts & storytelling in that project and we get to see more of Lana that we've never seen elsewhere (even in her music) through Violet. I think its pretty underrated. I mean, she isnt the best poet out there but for me, the poetry is...how can i put it? really Inspiring i guess. Her words just spark motivation for life in my mind. 

I really love Sportcruiser, it's a beautiful & inspiring piece. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

9 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Me, in the other hand, always listen to VBBOTG every now & then. Especially when i need a really peaceful good night sleep.

Idk, there's so many precious thoughts & storytelling in that project and we get to see more of Lana that we've never seen elsewhere (even in her music) through Violet. I think its pretty underrated. I mean, she isnt the best poet out there but for me, the poetry is...how can i put it? really Inspiring i guess. It just sparks motivation for life in my mind. 

100% agreed! I also deeply love Sportcruiser! And I love the LA one, Never to Heaven, Salamander, ahh so many were so good! It's all definitely an excellent work of art. Personally, I just think her music hits me differently, like Violet but with many more spices. I think I should go to sleep lmaO I hope any of this made sense :toofunny:

She should definitely release Behind the Iron Gates while this BB high takes me out :flutter:

4 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Idk, there's so many precious thoughts & storytelling in that project and we get to see more of Lana that we've never seen elsewhere (even in her music) through Violet. I think its pretty underrated. I mean, she isnt the best poet out there but for me, the poetry is...how can i put it? really Inspiring i guess. Her words just spark motivation for life in my mind. 

4 hours ago, Venice said:

100% agreed! I also deeply love Sportcruiser! And I love the LA one, Never to Heaven, Salamander, ahh so many were so good! It's all definitely an excellent work of art. Personally, I just think her music hits me differently, like Violet but with many more spices. I think I should go to sleep lmaO I hope any of this made sense :toofunny:

She should definitely release Behind the Iron Gates while this BB high takes me out :flutter:

I listen to it regularly too, it's just so good! Tessa Di Pietro is my favorite!

I'm really excited for Iron Gates because I feel like it will be more of a concept poetry book with her as the main character in an institution. And I like how she said in the IG Live that it's not flattering.

12 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Lust for Life could have been even better with its original witch, ancient spacey & futuristic vintage concept (but clearly she ditched that "witchy" part and toned it down a little bit for the sake of mainstream success). But either way, this era was so experimental & I just have to say it's one of the most memorable era. This was also the first time we see Lana stepping into the "daylight", showing real growth in her songwriting subject matters & her thoughts about love & life. 

I'm also a big LFL fan--it has some of her most memorable songs: '13B,' 'Heroin,' 'WTWWAWWJKD,' 'White Mustang,' 'Summer Bummer' and 'GBA,' and I liked 'TNC,' 'IMF,' and 'Cherry' well enough.I also wish they had stuck to the original concept----I Iiked the original version of 'LFL' so much more than the pop single it became, and wish they hadn't cut 'Serene Queen,' such a dynamic track. 

'BB' the album reminds me a lot of LFL--it weaves in and out of all kinds of places, emotions and mind spaces, and there's a sense of personal happiness at the core of some of the songs (like 'VFR' and 'Arcadia'), while she confronts her demons head-on in others. It has great pop hooks on 'BBS,' 'IYLDWM' and 'VFR.' I've made peace with the older songs that have been included, though I preferred the original version of 'Thunder.' For me, 'BB' is her most satisfying album so far. It breathes. 

There was, for me, a kind of sterility on a lot of songs on some of her older albums, a flat emotional affect, which came across to me as if Lana was in a state of emotional paralysis. I didn't see evidence of that on 'COCC,' especially on the title track, and I don't see it on 'BB.'