Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

On 11/15/2021 at 11:41 AM, Urbanney said:

This album is similar to Chemtrails for me, where I have a few favorites, but generally don’t care for the album a whole lot. Like I can easily listen to it, and it’s fine, I’ll enjoy it, it’s cool. But I don’t have the urge to keep coming back to it and not a whole lot is memorable for me.

It’s weird too, because I’ll listen to a song, and I’m like “this is good! I’m being too harsh.” But then I forget about it and start to become bitter towards it again. I have a hard time rating the individual songs because I both like them and don’t like them at the same time ??? I never have felt so confused and mixed about an album as I did Chemtrails, and the same sort of feelings have carried over here. I just think I have to accept that both Chemtrails and Blue Banisters has a certain vibe that I’m just not fundamentally connecting to. 

I think the last album that I obsessively listened to after release is NFR. I think COCC/BB are great albums (I personally don't think Lana has released any BAD albums tbh), but they don't hit the same. I listen to certain songs from these albums and I think they're some of the best in her discography, but the post-NFR albums mean something different to me. I can't really put my finger on it, maybe it's because QFTC? or just where I am personally in life? I really don't know but it makes me sad. I probably just prefer dream pop-ish Lana compared to singer/songwriter 

sgopYhV.gif

3 minutes ago, arcadialovesong2018 said:

I'm not here to convince anyone... the truth is the truth whether you believe it or not.. 

speaking of... perhaps I must leak a snippet of her singing the original lyrics... Sweet Carolina, while little dahlia... 

I know you know that we know you’re joking, but I have a little tip for your next lie —  Sweet Carolina was written on a whim and quite literally recorded in one take right after, so there are no “original lyrics” ;) if you’re lookin to entertain, make sure the story adds up!! 💋

Usually the fake insider phase ends after pre-release does, but I guess Blue Banisters is so special that she still has people lying about her after the fact. Legends only :true:

imageproxy.jpg

4 minutes ago, arcadialovesong2018 said:

I'm not here to convince anyone... the truth is the truth whether you believe it or not.. 

speaking of... perhaps I must leak a snippet of her singing the original lyrics... Sweet Carolina, while little dahlia... 

go right ahead :coffee:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Just now, Super Movie said:

Usually the fake insider phase ends after pre-release does, but I guess Blue Banisters is so special that she still has people lying about her after the fact. Legends only :true:

She’s just so in demand, they can’t keep her name out of their mouth! :true:

13 minutes ago, arcadialovesong2018 said:

hey remember when u were like she's gonna have a makeup line for fragile women

i ain't forget

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

what songs have grown on you most since release? weirdly living legend is hitting for me in a way it never did as an unreleased, even though i was listening to the exact same version– i think it's placement in the album really makes it shine. i was also enjoying the arcadia chorus a lot the other day, though maintain that the verses are bleh.

aOaIzH2.gif

4 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

hey remember when u were like she's gonna have a makeup line for fragile women

i ain't forget

it's lana guys.................. she says things and then she changes her mind and delays it... but it is still coming.... in the last post of her honeymoon account you can clearly see she is in a dressing room with other models

16 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I know you know that we know you’re joking, but I have a little tip for your next lie —  Sweet Carolina was written on a whim and quite literally recorded in one take right after, so there are no “original lyrics” ;) if you’re lookin to entertain, make sure the story adds up!! 💋

she wrote three different versions that day... they settled on the 2nd version of the lyrics. But yes.... all three versions were one take

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

remember when lustforlife said that beautiful was going to be surf rock :oopna2:

Remember when lustforlife said that Chuck did vocals on Sweet Carolina? :gasp: And that Black Bathing Suit was "an invite"?

I honestly don't even remember if the Sc one was true or not 

imageproxy.jpg

13 minutes ago, nosorangegrape said:

wish we had more high energy songs on this album

even bbs is tame

I’m sorry but Black Bathing Suit is anything but tame. It’s controlled chaos but still very much chaos and very disruptive for her standards - it just doesn’t obey to what usually defines something as “high energy” (mainstream wise, I mean…).

IMG-7960.jpg

6 minutes ago, your dealer said:

Hi everyone what song have you been listening to the most recently from True Banisters???? 

mine is thunder :true:

Same :icant:

Thunder is a masterpiece, top 1 song of all time material. Lana could've written Blowin In The Blue, but Joni Dylan could never write Thunder or even Boom Like That.