Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

On 11/16/2021 at 2:21 PM, nosorangegrape said:

wish we had more high energy songs on this album

even bbs is tame

But that would fuck up the mood that the album creates. 

I find that The Interlude at track 4 and Dealer at track 9 raise the "energy" level quite brilliantly, without spoiling anything. 

(And Dudes, the Interlude (Good, Bad and Ugly) immediately follows a song about America. Get it?)

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside. 

On 11/16/2021 at 6:42 PM, Tulsa Devil said:

1 more point please, this album deserves universal acclaim too

TlRA8SO.png

I can't help thinking that in 10+ years from now, BB will be hailed as a masterpiece that many didn't think so at the time of release. There's been many retrospective assessments such as this. Stones - Exile comes to mind. I don't think it got superb reviews all round when it first came out. (I was there!) Maybe REM - HiFi also falls into this category. And Tears For Fears - Sowing The Seeds? (It's fucking great, ok?)

3 hours ago, Skuj said:

I find that The Interlude at track 4 and Dealer at track 9 raise the "energy" level quite brilliantly, without spoiling anything. 

(And Dudes, the Interlude (Good, Bad and Ugly) immediately follows a song about America. Get it?)

hmmm maybe but i think the trio already fucked up the vibe lol. it’s very out of place and i don’t understand why she made it… the sample is one thing, but the trap beat is just odd

I agree that it is slightly jarring, but in a good way. I wonder if LDR made a dig/joke with this. Arcadia is pretty serious shit, and then this interlude almost sounds like a coda that acts like a punchline. 

8 hours ago, Skuj said:

I can't help thinking that in 10+ years from now, BB will be hailed as a masterpiece that many didn't think so at the time of release. There's been many retrospective assessments such as this. Stones - Exile comes to mind. I don't think it got superb reviews all round when it first came out. (I was there!) Maybe REM - HiFi also falls into this category. And Tears For Fears - Sowing The Seeds? (It's fucking great, ok?)

Both chemtrails and blue banisters will be hailed over time and recieve the super acclaim that they always deserved. Even with the praise that Lana has been recieved since Norman, I still think she is underrated by critics. She deserves so much more. 

source.gif 

the greatest loss of them all!

6 hours ago, Tulsa Devil said:

Blue Banisters has potential classics able to be remembered over the years as video games/born to die/summertime sadness are today. The whole world should know this album.

the lies the lies the lies …

Even tho I still think that Cherry Blossom, Nectar of the Gods and Living Lengend should have been re-worked for the album, listening to them on vinyl feels so surreal, as if I'm dreaming..

Like I still can't believe it, when NOTG came out I remember listening to it for months on my phone and now it's here on my vinyl!!

I'm so happy that she put 3 of my fav unreleased on the album :wub:

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

I continue to see Lana as an artist's artist, and increasingly so, and thus not a middle-of-the-road taste like Taylor Swift and Adele.  

It's similar to when Tori Amos was doing amazing work in the 90s, but the public ignored her and embraced Alanis Morissette instead. 

13 hours ago, Tulsa Devil said:

Both chemtrails and blue banisters will be hailed over time and recieve the super acclaim that they always deserved. Even with the praise that Lana has been recieved since Norman, I still think she is underrated by critics. She deserves so much more. 

I agree with this. There are some great reviews of BB, but I really expected several 5-star jobs. It's that good, imho. Joni Mitchell must be in tears. 

6 hours ago, Nahime said:

the lies the lies the lies …

We both know that you lie.

Lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie.

(Actually, in the song, she bridges the "we both know that you lie" and "if you lie down with me" with "lie lie lie...", and you wonder which "lie" she refers to. Ie telling untruths, or lie down? That song is fucking genius!!)

58 minutes ago, Skuj said:

We both know that you lie.

Lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie.

(Actually, in the song, she bridges the "we both know that you lie" and "if you lie down with me" with "lie lie lie...", and you wonder which "lie" she refers to. Ie telling untruths, or lie down? That song is fucking genius!!)

BB is cute while BTD is gorgeous… they can’t lie down on the same bed…

AND

BTD would accuse BB to lie big time about being a classic. They don’t belong together…

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Still not over Nectar of the Gods the way I was when I first heard it on May 1, 2019. That song is just gorgeous, I can’t believe it’s real — it sounds straight out of 1970. 

Thank you Lana for giving us such a beautiful song. It is one of my favourites from your latest album. Love you  :wub:

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024