Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

So, I have not read this whole thread (who can?), so please forgive me if I missed this:

Are there several older recordings on BB? Or are they old songs that got reworked for release?

ie Did LDR pull a Tattoo You here?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Skuj
Typo.

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside. 

6 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Still not over Nectar of the Gods the way I was when I first heard it on May 1, 2019. That song is just gorgeous, I can’t believe it’s real — it sounds straight out of 1970. 

It's not even a favorite of mine on BB, but that song is just so stunning. I remember exactly where I was the first time I heard it 2 years ago. The verses have what are some of my favorite Lana lyrics ever (and the title? one of her best)

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, Skuj said:

So, I have not read this whole thread (who can?), so please forgive me if I missed this:

Are there several older recordings on BB? Or are they old songs that got reworked for release?

ie Did LDR pull a Tatoo You here?

Thanks in advance. 

Cherry Blossom, Nectar of the Gods, If You Lie Down with Me and Living Legend are all from 2013-14 (Ultraviolence). CB, LL & NOTG all have the same vocal takes and production from the time they were created. IYLDWM is the only one that was updated. 

7 minutes ago, Skuj said:

1 minute ago, regattasinthewind said:

Cherry Blossom, Nectar of the Gods, If You Lie Down with Me and Living Legend are all from 2013-14 (Ultraviolence). CB, LL & NOTG all have the same vocal takes and production from the time they were created. IYLDWM is the only one that was updated. 

Also Thunder and Dealer are reportedly from unreleased TLSP collaboration album (2017?). Thunder is reworked but don't know about Dealer.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

also! please let me know if this isn't the right thread to talk about this but i wanted to share with you all that my boyfriend helped me track down the blue banisters target exclusive vinyl by going to three different targets for me :wub:  i now have it framed on my bedroom wall next to my chemtrails target exclusive vinyl! they look so good next to each other!

5 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

also! please let me know if this isn't the right thread to talk about this but i wanted to share with you all that my boyfriend helped me track down the blue banisters target exclusive vinyl by going to three different targets for me :wub:  i now have it framed on my bedroom wall next to my chemtrails target exclusive vinyl! they look so good next to each other!

He's a keeper!

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside. 

2 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Unlike nfr and cocc, This album has become so special for me to come back to when I don't listen for a week or so. Violets for Roses and If You Lie Down With Me made me feel so at peace yesterday, after my cat died the day before. 

i'm sorry for your loss <3

WGe8ynS.gif

7 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Unlike nfr and cocc, This album has become so special for me to come back to when I don't listen for a week or so. Violets for Roses and If You Lie Down With Me made me feel so at peace yesterday, after my cat died the day before. 

so sorry for your loss <3 lana's music is always such a balm during hard times!

aOaIzH2.gif

48 minutes ago, Marius said:

Was this discussed?

It was suggested when she posted about the cover album, when she was at Capitol Records…  I don’t know what are the « proofs » of Marie Claire though, if they know something we don’t..: