Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

19 hours ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

I can totally understand why she'd never sing the title track and more of the album bc it just feels so personal. even the catchier tracks like Text Book and Thunder 
bbs might be toned down, not sure the gp would be for IYLDWM. a performance of Beautiful would be so surreal. and also, exposure would sort of be a bit inconsistent w the theme of wanting to stay away from the limelight, which gets me thinking of more homemade videos waaay down the line. 

the album's incredibly already so solid to not need anything else, but at the same time, it'd be nice to crown it w some more era memories

I can actually see her doing BB, knowing that she also did HIADT. However, I agree that we probably won't hear Text Book. I kinda doubt she will do IFLDWM, I feel like that's out of her comfort zone. But yeah, Arcadia, Beautiful and possibly Violets For Roses are tracks she could very likely perform, same for Cherry Blossom, Living Legend and Sweet Carolina.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

And I'm sure noone would have cared for CoCC if it wasn't for NFR :bebe:

I think it's actually the opposite. Anything she could release right after NFR would be compared and overshadowed by it and still Chemtrails was very well received. It's hard to follow up your "greatest" project (I mean the general consensus, I still think HM is her magnum opus), look at what happened to Lorde (and Kacey to an extent)

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I think it's actually the opposite. Anything she could release right after NFR would be compared and overshadowed by it and still Chemtrails was very well received. It's hard to follow up your "greatest" project (I mean the general consensus, I still think HM is her magnum opus), look at what happened to Lorde (and Kacey to an extent)

I kinda disagree.

On the one hand CoCC was a safe game, she did not really stray away too much from NFRs sound but also didn't get too same-ish either. I doubt that the album would have been acclaimed if it came out after LFL or HM. Apart from all the fandom-whales pushing it's commercial performance by buying 301 vinyl versions, I feel like most people outsie the core fandom were prompted to buy/order CoCC since they liked NFR a lot and read positive things about it. And in the end, there was nearly as much long lasting hype and acclaim around CoCC than there was for NFR. Unrelated to my personal dislike for that album, I seriously think CoCC's success was more of an NFR-afterglow and less of an original source of acclaim.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

12 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I kinda disagree.

On the one hand CoCC was a safe game, she did not really stray away too much from NFRs sound but also didn't get too same-ish either. I doubt that the album would have been acclaimed if it came out after LFL or HM. Apart from all the fandom-whales pushing it's commercial performance by buying 301 vinyl versions, I feel like most people outsie the core fandom were prompted to buy/order CoCC since they liked NFR a lot and read positive things about it. And in the end, there was nearly as much long lasting hype and acclaim around CoCC than there was for NFR. Unrelated to my personal dislike for that album, I seriously think CoCC's success was more of an NFR-afterglow and less of an original source of acclaim.

COCC has already showed up pretty high on a few end of year lists, so it seems like it had a lasting impact on some critics at least. COCC isn’t my favorite Lana album but it is very well put together and deserves its acclaim. Having a critically acclaimed album in the past will never guarantee future acclaim as we saw with a few artists this year. 

3 hours ago, Rocket0212 said:

Just how mad should you be to listen to 1 - 5 tracks on UV and rate it below 75.:flop:

just listening to tracks 6 - 9 and the score decreases luv :icant:

2 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I can actually see her doing BB, knowing that she also did HIADT. However, I agree that we probably won't hear Text Book. I kinda doubt she will do IFLDWM, I feel like that's out of her comfort zone. But yeah, Arcadia, Beautiful and possibly Violets For Roses are tracks she could very likely perform, same for Cherry Blossom, Living Legend and Sweet Carolina.

itd be a pleasant surprise if she performed BB, but yeah I see ur point w how she sang hope, LL would be a moment if she did 

UV/Honeymoon

30 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

bestie i hate to correct you bc i know english isn’t your first language but - it’s buy 2 get (another) 1 free - so you pay for 2 and get the 3rd item free :party:

27 minutes ago, brandon said:

bestie i hate to correct you bc i know english isn’t your first language but - it’s buy 2 get (another) 1 free - so you pay for 2 and get the 3rd item free :party:

Oh still a big deal :party:

Thank you for the correction

Buy Blue Banisters COCC and Honeymoon and help it to sell 2k next week :air:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

3 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

It's curious how most critics have completely ignored her exceptional vocal performance, especially in the songs Blue Banisters and Arcadia.

I think the quality of her performances on those tracks is not something everybody agree about. Like, I don't dislike them, but there's something about her higher register on tracks like those two that's kinda jarring for me. Don't know if it has to do with the vocals themselves or with their mixing, but, ye... Not totally pleased about how uncontrolled, to say something, her delivery of high notes sounds sometimes along the album.

22 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

The fact that she released her 3 most acclaimed projects in the span of 3 years is so impressive :crying4: (even though I'm sure that HM would have been received better if it came after NFR)

And WFWF remains a career highlight 10 years into the game :brows:

i’m a firm believer in this theory

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

The songs, given her choices in the past, that i see her performing from BB in the future:

Arcadia (this will never leave the future setlists)

If You Lie Down With Me

Blue Banisters

Cherry Blossom (also will never leave the future setlists)

Living Legend

That's it

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 hours ago, Thunder said:

The songs, given her choices in the past, that i see her performing from BB in the future:

Arcadia (this will never leave the future setlists)

If You Lie Down With Me

Blue Banisters

Cherry Blossom (also will never leave the future setlists)

Living Legend

That's it

I honestly wished that she toured with her albums and sang all the songs from them alas btd songs have a grip on her setlist

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...