Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

17 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i love the trio and dealer, i think if it weren't for them the album would sound too long winded and one tone, it adds a dash of pop and energy imo

the trio interlude, dealer and moments like the BBS and LL outros are what make this album so interesting to me. They give it life tbh.

qfrWuBl.png

4 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

To me it does, Arcadia is Lana expressing her sadness and pain and then The Trio is more about expressing anger, like she’s been through enough and puts her middle finger in the air for all the people who’ve been hurting her

thats in your head

11 minutes ago, 1212 said:
4 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

To me it does, Arcadia is Lana expressing her sadness and pain and then The Trio is more about expressing anger, like she’s been through enough and puts her middle finger in the air for all the people who’ve been hurting her

thats in your head

except she literally starts twerking and flipping off the camera in the trio portion of the arcadia video

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

3 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i love the trio and dealer, i think if it weren't for them the album would sound too long winded and one tone, it adds a dash of pop and energy imo

This. 

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside. 

3 hours ago, DCooper said:

The Trio honestly fits so well I can't believe people are still acting like it doesn't :true: It's a perfect little gut punch after announcing her pained departure in Arcadia before the deep dive she takes in Black Bathing Suit. 

Yes. I consider The Trio to be a part of Arcadia. I bet LDR does also. I mean...is there even a break between the two?

On 11/24/2021 at 11:51 AM, bewhitehotforever said:

i played NFR for my boyfriend and he liked it but still preferred BB. my holy trinity is UV, NFR then BB. 

He's a keeper. 

9 hours ago, Stargirls Dealer said:

Love that we got Dealer immediately on the next record after we found out about it. Could have been like Yosemite where waited two album cycles later, or worse… :wat: 

yes!! and lana never fails to surprise me– i really thought dealer was going to be a super dark, diamanda galas esque song based on her description and it is really something else entirely. her mind...

aOaIzH2.gif

Thunder to Sweet Carolina is my favorite sequence of tracks from the record. It's all so beautiful and intimate. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I have a regret.

I wish that instead of "Skuj", I registered as "Fuckin' Mr Brightside". 

Edit: I like my new sig. Do you?

Edited by Skuj
Extra content.

Ya'll I think Blue Banisters is becoming one those albums that plays a huge roll in my current state of mind/life. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel the same about UV, BTD and NFR. Don't get me wrong I listen to all her songs and etc, but sometimes i just listen to a certain group of songs from LFL, HM, and COCC depending on my mood or if I want to relive a certain memory/feeling that happened during those times that I first heard those songs. Even tho I love those albums as a whole , but with Blue Banisters I keep going to the whole thing. I know it's still pretty new, and I might just be in that mood but I can relate to almost every song in a way at this current time.

IDK if this post makes any sense or if anyone can relate in someway but yea lol. I know there isn't a huge gap between BB and COCC, and COCC has a bunch of songs that I can relate to a certain memory or feeling, but I feel like BB captures that as a whole a lot better than COCC did. IDK. lol

14 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

if you'd like to change your username you can do it in your settings! :) 

Yeah, but I don't want to start changing names. I'm Skuj. AKA....

51 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Arcadia deserves so much better - it's the bright star shining over this album.

Oh, it's fucking brilliant, like so many others on this monumental album. 

Every spin of BB that I do I find new beautiful things on it. 

And I'm convinced that it wins the award for the most criminally overlooked album of 2021.