Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

a reason why im literally obsessed with the album cover for this album is because she's got that far off gaze in her face where she's looking at the camera with a slight tilt to her head almost giving off a bit of an attitude, she looks almost pissed off, extremely tired of the bullshit and even a little smug.. but there's also a lot of sadness there too... she has this exact same look on the ultraviolence album cover too, except she's tilting her head in the opposite direction. i feel weird cus this is a random observation but i finally figured out why i love the BB album cover and its because she looks the same way she does on the UV cover , classic lana 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just for interest sake, what is going on in that back cover image? LDR and her friend at a party, with a cat of some kind, hovering over a trophy cup full of something? 

And why do we get the lyrics to only a few songs in the CD booklet, just like in NFR and COTCC? (This has always bugged me!) 

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside. 

1 hour ago, Skuj said:

Just for interest sake, what is going on in that back cover image? LDR and her friend at a party, with a cat of some kind, hovering over a trophy cup full of something? 

it's her and her sister chuck. it's a shot from the BB music video where the line "chucky's making birthday cake" is referenced and they're baking a cake. it's a mixing bowl not a trophy haha. the cat is lana's lil guy

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

2 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

umm bb version's of thunder rly was made for dysfunctional families during the holiday season - it is just perfect against the backdrop of a tense dining table and bubbling violence :bebe:

it sounds like you had an interesting thanksgiving

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I was just at the coffee shop and Sweet Carolina was playing :crai: It wasn't the radio so I take it the waiter put it on omg taste

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

10 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

a reason why im literally obsessed with the album cover for this album is because she's got that far off gaze in her face where she's looking at the camera with a slight tilt to her head almost giving off a bit of an attitude, she looks almost pissed off, extremely tired of the bullshit and even a little smug.. but there's also a lot of sadness there too... she has this exact same look on the ultraviolence album cover too, except she's tilting her head in the opposite direction. i feel weird cus this is a random observation but i finally figured out why i love the BB album cover and its because she looks the same way she does on the UV cover , classic lana 

Exactly , perfectly said :trisha::trisha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

22 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Text Book is one of the best song of her career, i don't know a more accurate opinion than this

I couldn't have said it better myself.

25 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

black bathing suit is the best song of her career, i don't know a more accurate opinion than this

this is a statement that i truly agree

17 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Without exaggeration, it is my favorite album cover she has ever done. I never get more than the CD but this era I ordered every vinyl and CD. I love it so much.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over