Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

6 minutes ago, titanicearth said:

Please let there be more music videos :pray2:

Praying that the If You Lie Down With Me video she mentioned doesn't join Cherry, Dark Paradise, Cola and Change/Get Free in the forgotten videos morgue :pray2:

imageproxy.jpg

3 hours ago, drugmunny said:

THEYRE FUCKING BROKE AND WE'RE LAUGHING ABOUT THEM

5f0.jpg

my heel me when you get the blues or whatever she says next

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Daily reminder COCC is the superior album of 2021 <3

BB is just another LFL; forgettable and generic...

The way we thought not having more Jack Antonoff produced albums would be beneficial for her :peace:

4 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

The way we thought not having more Jack Antonoff produced albums would be beneficial for her :peace:

i may prefer cotcc over blue banisters but it certainly wouldn't say it's generic :shh2: text book, black bathing suit, & wildflower wildfire are still revolutionary :true: 

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, Surf Noir said:

i may strongly prefer cotcc over blue banisters but it certainly wouldn't say it's generic :shh2: text book, black bathing suit, & wildflower wildfire are still revolutionary :true: 

Revolutionary in which way???

Lyric-wise? I agree with that, since she talks more about her personal and family-related issues.

But for me the production is still a no... Like the album has no distinguished sound. I cannot pick a single song out of the 15 and say "oh this is definitely from Blue Banister"

13 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

I'm sorry, but it was beneficial. peace.gif

38 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

not the lfl slander this aint 2017 no more

FzytWEW.png

2 hours ago, 5adboy said:

you’re done. you’re DONE.

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

6 hours ago, 5adboy said:

i-have-to-laugh-lady-gaga.gif

You mean - the album that reaks of "I really don't know what to do with these songs", including her most bland and bleak soundscape and career "highlights" like Not All Who Wander Have To Make A Hollow Song About It, Let Me Love You Like A Woman What's This Even Supposed To Mean and Dance Till I Can't Think Of Names To Drop Anymore is better than the carefully crafted, perfectly curated piece of art that is Blue Banisters?

doutit-doubtit.gif

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

27 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

i-have-to-laugh-lady-gaga.gif

You mean - the album that reaks of "I really don't know what to do with these songs", including her most bland and bleak soundscape and career "highlights" like Not All Who Wander Have To Make A Hollow Song About It, Let Me Love You Like A Woman What's This Even Supposed To Mean and Dance Till I Can't Think Of Names To Drop Anymore is better than the carefully crafted, perfectly curated piece of art that is Blue Banisters?

doutit-doubtit.gif

Lolll 

although I agree that BB if far superior IMO, I must say that the best tracks of Chemtrails really hit so much more this time of year. The minimalism feels very « winter ». But agree that many tracks are not bad per se but are harder to connect with (For Free, Dance Till We Die). Even Wild at Heart could have been so much wilder lol. 

18 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Lolll 

although I agree that BB if far superior IMO, I must say that the best tracks of Chemtrails really hit so much more this time of year. The minimalism feels very « winter ». But agree that many tracks are not bad per se but are harder to connect with (For Free, Dance Till We Die). Even Wild at Heart could have been so much wilder lol. 

Imo even most of the better songs on CotCC - the title track, DBJAG, TJF, WAH, Yosemite - pale in comparison to even weaker tracks on other albums. The only big exception is White Dress. The rest of the tracklist is filler quality at best.

I would agree with the "harder to connect" part if there was some coherent quality in it. For the first 6 songs, it has the potential to become an "acquired taste" kinda thing, but then the second half is just so extremely bleak, bland and lifeless that by the end of For Free, I really feel like that album sucked any bit of energy out of my body.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!