Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

6 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Loving the love for Honeymoon! I remember the majority of people being so rude to that record in 2015 and now it’s lauded as one of her best. Proud to say that I, of many true legends, have known its brilliance since day 1! :makeup2::mariah:

Honeymoon is really that bitch

The opening track strings make you cum

Terrence Loves You is her best ballad ever and the David Bowie reference is just the cherry on top. Also can we talk about how all the songs have transitions? :flutter: And even if you shuffle the album, they still sound good.

Burn Norton is everything The Trio wanted to be: a dreamy interlude splitting the album in half. Salvatore is just on another level. Lana speaking italian and referencing Miami?! I love to see that as an italian living in Florida.

The last 3 tracks are her best closer tracks ever. The Blackest Day trap beats are top tier, 24 makes you feel like in a James Bond movie, and Swan Song makes you really think she won’t never sing again:rollin: Fuck, even Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood is a better cover than songs like For Free or Blue Velvet. 

Honeymoon is alive and breathing

18 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

can we talk about how epic a BB/COCC tour would be...esp if she actually played the albums...

YESSS, imagine hearing IYLDWM or BBS live or even Beautiful but the strings version or with an orchestra :crying5: 

SFP2h.gif

4 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

found another interesting album review on a rather lesser known youtube channel:

Thanks for posting. He has a lot of less common insights, and having an academic background, he's less prone to just talk about things being good because he likes them and bad because he doesn't, but he still falls into a few typical traps with Lana (on this and his other videos about her). Also, I love the irony of someone who has the Velvet Underground debut album on the wall behind him warning about how Lana is stepping into dangerous territory by mentioning heroin :lmao:

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

never forget when honeymoon was dropping & she was doing listening parties at UO and they just played the album for 2 hours straight… was on my way with my mom & got a flat tire. 🙁

went back to the same UO in 2017, explained what happened, and the manager STILL had high by the beach lithographs. she gave me the rest of them. truly full circle!

2 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Loving the love for Honeymoon! I remember the majority of people being so rude to that record in 2015 and now it’s lauded as one of her best. Proud to say that I, of many true legends, have known its brilliance since day 1! :makeup2::mariah:

Even when I started getting into Lana at the start of 2017, I saw so much hate for it and I could never understand why :krylie: It honestly wasn't until last year that I started seeing what I call the Honeymoon Revolution. 

This kind of goes into Honeymoon, but for some reason my brain finds Sirens, Honeymoon, Chemtrails and Blue Banisters all to be very connected. I think it's because I find (most) of the songs on them all to be quite introspective 

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

Even when I started getting into Lana at the start of 2017, I saw so much hate for it and I could never understand why :krylie: It honestly wasn't until last year that I started seeing what I call the Honeymoon Revolution. 

This kind of goes into Honeymoon, but for some reason my brain finds Sirens, Honeymoon, Chemtrails and Blue Banisters all to be very connected. I think it's because I find (most) of the songs on them all to be quite introspective 

i think in a few years from now we'll have a chemtrails revolution, it really is a great, quality album, it's very mellow & introspective, but it's chill & introspective energy is it's strength! :flutter:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Honeymoon, Chemtrails and Blue Banisters are her prettiest albums, I make the rules 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I was writing a whole long post for how I thought of this album but I forgot about it and now it feels too late to post it ebohRRw.jpg

But this album.. wow no this album is insane and so beautiful, like I love it SO much :omg: Its an understatement to say that I love it actually :oprah3: From start to finish this album flows so well and makes so much sense to me, the small and huge twists she throws into the album makes the album feel so fresh and unique. And even though they are twists they fit so perfectly onto this album :true: I think every single song just hits and hits and hits, there is not a single bad song on this album :true: I actually went into this album completely blind apart from just Blue Banisters the song. I was avoiding ALL spoilers so you can only imagine how I felt when I heard The Trio and Grenadine Quarantine/If this is the end for the first time...

RdiYX3K.gif

My favorites on the album, well I think I genuinely just love every song on this album LMAO, but my favorites I think are Arcadia, Black Bathing Suit, If You Lie Down With Me, Beautiful, Violets for Roses, Wildflower Wildfire, and Sweet Carolina. Arcadia specifically has become one of my favorite Lana songs. To be honest though from Text Book to Sweet Carolina I legitimately can't stop listening to the album once I start. The production on this album is just jvVqQoX.gif Its addicting, its everything I've been wanting back from Lana. I haven't felt this way about a Lana album since Honeymoon like this album is magical..

I know I've seen a lot of people actually not liking this album, which takes me back :ohsnap2: I know specifically people didn't like the use of already leaked song but to me idk, I don't think its a problem? I mean we all did kinda listen to illegally obtained material, like we only have ourselves to blame for it ebohRRw.jpg But for me the leaked songs don't interrupt the flow of the album at all and it fits onto BB perfectly now. I rank BB in my personal top top favorites along with Honeymoon UV and AKA. Its such a gorgeous album and I love it so much, and it does surprise me that thats a unpopular opinion. I think like Honeymoon, people won't realize its beauty till a couple years down the line... and well, I'll be here supporting you all along the way :w8ing:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

they're just sharing their opinions on the album? there's no reason to be rude... :bye: 

girl look up rude in the vocabulary, all I did was ask a question about their opinion

4 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

girl look up rude in the vocabulary, all I did was ask a question about their opinion

they simply shared their opinion, which was that the album flows well, & you replied with "who paid you? & how much?" implying they were paid to say that & couldn't possibly simply believe that the album flows well, seems a bit rude to me :um2: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

35 minutes ago, boom like that said:

From start to finish this album flows so well and makes so much sense to me, the small and huge twists she throws into the album makes the album feel so fresh and unique. And even though they are twists they fit so perfectly onto this album 

Its addicting, its everything I've been wanting back from Lana. I haven't felt this way about a Lana album since Honeymoon like this album is magical..

:oprah::mariah:

i don’t get how this album could be deemed incohesive tbh, like i get that it has weird parts and parts that catch you off guard but to me it feels like such a beautiful singular piece of art much like UV, HM, any of her greatest albums 

but i also think that chemtrails is a nonsensical mess ( this isn’t the chemtrails thread so i won’t go on), so there is something that probably partially destroys the relevance of my bb opinions .. take my words with a grain of salt always girls 

i haven’t read any of the posts in here yet or planned to write one of my own, but someday maybe i will :typewriter: 

sUcVobB.png

3 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i don’t know how this album could be deemed incohesive tbh, like i get that it has weird parts and parts that catch you off guard but to me it feels like such a beautiful singular piece of art much like UV, HM, any of her greatest albums.

but i also think that chemtrails is a nonsensical mess ( this isn’t the chemtrails thread so i won’t go on), so there is something that probably partially destroys the relevance of my bb opinions .. take my words with a grain of salt always girls 

i haven’t read any of the posts in here yet or planned to write one of my own, but someday maybe i will :typewriter: 

SNoC2OP.gif Right, after post release is always the time when people are still settling in on the album and this album definitely is one that I think a lot of people will have to take their time with. But personally I think it flows perfectly. 

I don't think bops coming after ballads is really an issue, I think switching it up can help keep things interesting and adds dynamics to albums. Brooklyn Baby for example is a ballad yet it flows perfectly after Shades of Cool and before West Coast, I actually think it elevates all three songs because they hit so hard after each other :oprah3: Thats also how I feel about each BB song, they all compliment each other

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺