Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

1 hour ago, 5adboy said:

Please don’t say this album flows well when Dealer plays after 2 ballads in a row:biblio:

Is this really your definition of what disqualifies a record from being considered to flow well? You're going to lose your mind if  you ever listen to any Pink Floyd or Beatles records :thumb2:

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

They trampled her dreams and mocked her, and she broke. and now, her revenge is like leaving the equation, where she takes all that's good with her away, putting all of that love back to herself and what she cares about. 

it's an album that's big on self-respect and reclaiming one's self. 

she wants to continue sharing thru music, left social media to then having a private account. 

it's like she's saying, hey i'm here, but only for those who care enough to actually want to get to know me and see me for me, nothing else. 

and then what adds more to the record is that it's just so stable and solid enough to be her last record. as a long time fan, i'm having trouble thinking about what her next step might be for the next record if what i'm theorizing above is true. because this is such a beautiful and just response to the outside, and a more intimate answer for those who've stood/listened to her for the longest. I KNOW this record is going to be remembered as being something pivotal in her career, even past it's beauty. 

i've always been the sort of person to sort of peer into someone's perspective first than my own to understand them better first than forming opinions, so connecting and understanding her work past the upfront was and is a real extra genuine pleasure. this album just wraps so much of what her public professional career has been the past years. for those wanting more on lush and intricate production, as enticing as that'd sound, the atmosphere, personally, and from a cultural standpoint/counterpoint perspective, I think blends perfectly for it's own. I read somewhere that reduction is actually an act of mastery, and she does so beautifully w holding and creating the space she does w this album. 

ofc I'd love to hear more music and projects from her, but for me, like how she's shifted from NFR to making listeners shift their way of listening to her music from more grandiose, direct fashion, to a more contemplative and immersive delicate place NFR onto COTCC, to now the very much more tenderly-charged, tender BB. I know a lot of people might've not noticed, but this all gives the kind of experience and feelings when getting to start actually knowing someone, to then having them disappear. as a fan, it's truly heartbreaking to know that she's been through so much to have to have raced through all this, but makes me even more happier that she's able to start moving past it. 

I hope she keeps sharing the beautiful and unique pockets of universes that she does w her work. a lot seems to be answered already, but maybe some more movie soundtracks, maybe even directing? the poetry's still very much gladly welcome. and of course maybe she'll get to better write the album of her dreams, that'd really be something. maybe more gradually and little nods. 

I'm real happy to know that we've been part of and get to experience her career like this firsthand. Universe pulled and is pulling through wow ah

Said this time and time again, but thanks Miss Rey. It's been and is incredible. 

UV/Honeymoon

19 hours ago, Nectar said:

Maybe rushed isn’t the right word but she didn’t seem happy about the end result. She said she felt that Chemtrails was missing another defining song and that it was hard to meet up with Jack during those times. That’s just from what I remember from the Mojo interview. 

Yup, she said she thought it needed more studio time, that it was one the bare side, instrumentally. 

13 hours ago, 5adboy said:

Please don’t say this album flows well when Dealer plays after 2 ballads in a row:biblio:

basically the entire album is ballads though, what do you expect? :uh:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

13 hours ago, 5adboy said:

That's a pretty limited idea of what flow means. It doesn't mean every sound needs to match the previous song. An album can be all over the place and still have a good flow to it. It's all about twisting the story, vibe, and emotion at the right moment to deliver an experience that resonates in all its ups and downs, which this album very much does.

Dealer comes at literally the perfect time :wowcry: 

1 minute ago, Manson said:

Can anyone tell me which tracks are definitely written for BB? So basically, which tracks are not old demos or unreleased songs?

Yes!

Text Book

Blue Banisters

Arcadia

Black Bathing Suit

Beautiful

Violets for Roses

Wildflower Wildfire

Sweet Carolina 

+ Interlude — The Trio lol!

14 hours ago, 5adboy said:

HBTB plays after two ballads in a row as well so what's ur point

18 hours ago, 5adboy said:

Honeymoon is really that bitch

The opening track strings make you cum

Terrence Loves You is her best ballad ever and the David Bowie reference is just the cherry on top. Also can we talk about how all the songs have transitions? :flutter: And even if you shuffle the album, they still sound good.

Burn Norton is everything The Trio wanted to be: a dreamy interlude splitting the album in half. Salvatore is just on another level. Lana speaking italian and referencing Miami?! I love to see that as an italian living in Florida.

The last 3 tracks are her best closer tracks ever. The Blackest Day trap beats are top tier, 24 makes you feel like in a James Bond movie, and Swan Song makes you really think she won’t never sing again:rollin: Fuck, even Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood is a better cover than songs like For Free or Blue Velvet. 

Honeymoon is alive and breathing

best words on this topic!!!

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

I try not to rank her albums anymore because they are all great and offer different things. Born to Die is grandiose and exciting. Paradise is darker and elegant. Ultraviolence is even darker, more raw. Honeymoon is very refined. LFL is a great collection of various sounds. NFR is a chill, coastal California sound. Chemtrails feels like a cabin in a winter setting in the midwest. Blue Banisters encompasses several things from heartbreak to family, and offers a deeper look at Lana's past and mindset. They are all great albums, and I don't think they can be compared. They all bring me joy.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over