Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

On 10/26/2021 at 6:17 PM, honey dew said:

Can anyone who's heard the album on physical tell me whether the master sounds the same as digital and is there clipping on most of the songs still?

This is definitely one of those albums that should only be heard on vinyl; the digital release has loads of nasty clipping on the songs. Here's an analysis and comparison (not mine): https://magicvinyldigital.net/2021/11/13/lana-del-rey-blue-banisters-review-vinyl-streaming-amazon-music-qobuz/

12 hours ago, vipanonymous said:

BB is the superior 2021 album. No matter what those year-end rankings says.

Amen! Chemtrails has some of her best songs but its lows are just too quiet and hard to connect with. Blue Banisters has much more passion to it and is more diverse and stronger overall. 

Whoever made a really funny comment in this thread about how the crow at the beginning of Black Bathing Suit needs to stfu: I hope you know I think of your comment every time I listen to the song now and giggle but also get annoyed by the crow too :toofunny:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

21 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Whoever made a really funny comment in this thread about how the crow at the beginning of Black Bathing Suit needs to stfu: I hope you know I think of your comment every time I listen to the song now and giggle but also get annoyed by the crow too :toofunny:

Crow slander? Tasteless. :lolno:

3 hours ago, DeadAgainst said:

This is definitely one of those albums that should only be heard on vinyl; the digital release has loads of nasty clipping on the songs. Here's an analysis and comparison (not mine): https://magicvinyldigital.net/2021/11/13/lana-del-rey-blue-banisters-review-vinyl-streaming-amazon-music-qobuz/

Thank you for this analysis. It's interesting read.

It certainly proves the youtube rip theory put out earlier as the analysis states 3 tracks (Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend and Cherry Blossom) are cut at certain frequency in all versions.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

On 12/1/2021 at 10:14 PM, 5adboy said:

Please don’t say this album flows well when Dealer plays after 2 ballads in a row:biblio:

If every album flowed based on purely sound, that would be so boring. I would rather have tracks that have a variety of different sounds that flow together story-wise or lyrically than sonically. If another ballad played after those 2, it would get repetitive. Dealer is a nice refreshing sound so that it doesn’t get tiring. 

giphy.gif 

1 hour ago, Gravitate said:

If every album flowed based on purely sound, that would be so boring. I would rather have tracks that have a variety of different sounds that flow together story-wise or lyrically than sonically. If another ballad played after those 2, it would get repetitive. Dealer is a good refreshing sound so that it doesn’t get tiring. 

You spilled. :diva: Imagine Lana gave us an album like Solar Power, where everything flows together very well because its all the same boring sound. :smile2: 

And I like SP

Everyone who thinks the crows are annoying,  annoys me. No BBS slander on my watch:oprah3:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

23 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

If every album flowed based on purely sound, that would be so boring. I would rather have tracks that have a variety of different sounds that flow together story-wise or lyrically than sonically. If another ballad played after those 2, it would get repetitive. Dealer is a nice refreshing sound so that it doesn’t get tiring. 

You spilled :gurl:

It's so nice to have Dealer after the ballads.

Stream the masterpiece called Dealer :scream:

Also the whole album aged like Fine Wine & has a good flow:oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

On 12/2/2021 at 12:58 AM, 5adboy said:

Honeymoon is really that bitch

The opening track strings make you cum

Terrence Loves You is her best ballad ever and the David Bowie reference is just the cherry on top. Also can we talk about how all the songs have transitions? :flutter: And even if you shuffle the album, they still sound good.

Burn Norton is everything The Trio wanted to be: a dreamy interlude splitting the album in half. Salvatore is just on another level. Lana speaking italian and referencing Miami?! I love to see that as an italian living in Florida.

The last 3 tracks are her best closer tracks ever. The Blackest Day trap beats are top tier, 24 makes you feel like in a James Bond movie, and Swan Song makes you really think she won’t never sing again:rollin: Fuck, even Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood is a better cover than songs like For Free or Blue Velvet. 

Honeymoon is alive and breathing

HONEYMOON STANS RISE:pussypower:

YOU SPILLED :xcry:

Honeymoon is truly one of her best album maybe even her best album..it's true :wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Every single song for me is strong except Beautiful which is still fine but is a little weaker than the rest for me. I still enjoy it though. But seriously a strong album in my opinion. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Blue Banisters seriously feels so iconic and it’s only been out for a couple months now. It feels similar to Born To Die or NFR! in the way that it’s a staple in her career. It hasn’t been out for long, but I know this album will be a memorable one in Lana’s career (not that all aren’t already)

giphy.gif